Emperor Leviathan inside containment... How will it work?

awesomeguy101awesomeguy101 Join Date: 2016-06-21 Member: 218886Members
If The Emperor Leviathan will be as massive as shown in concept art, size comparisons, and most hype we have seen then how will it fit in containment without going through walls and generally bugging out? If its as big as its hyped to be then I would think it should follow a path. The path would have several variations to make it look like it was actually swimming around freely. The Emperor on path would have its own turning animations to accommodate the space its given. Shure it would take longer to implement but on the upside we wouldn't have its tentacles going through the walls (and swimming by and aquarium window would make an epic introduction for the player). I have never worked on game development but I think there would be more upsides than downsides If the Emperor had a varying path that it followed around containment.

Comments

• FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    The Emperor Leviathan will probably not move much at all. Too depressed. Sitting there in the prison for a thousand years. With no visitors. :'(
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2017
    I imagine something like this, as in it wont turn out as planned :D

Or in other words, do not turn off the power!
  • SansTheSkelebroSansTheSkelebro Italy Join Date: 2016-04-27 Member: 216071Members
    The emperor will swim around in set path, it won't be able to swim freely.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2017

Hmm, they could even add random branches (forkroads) on that path as well and give him instructions to do a barrelroll :D
  • Carl_BarCarl_Bar Join Date: 2017-02-03 Member: 227560Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »

Hmm, they could even add random branches (forkroads) on that path as well and give him instructions to do a barrelroll :D

Her.
  • Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
    edited February 2017
    It won't swim on a set path, but it won't have completely random AI either.
    aa690ccd305a3fa9925b4b94e5fe4acd.png
    Carl_Bar wrote: »

Her.

Empress :tongue:
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    Carl_Bar wrote: »

Her.

Empress :tongue:

Queen, to be and empress that would mean to own an empire.
    An empire is defined as "an extensive group of states or countries ruled over by a single monarch, an oligarchy, or a sovereign state." and i dont see any proof of owning property.