Multiple Endings?

Dark_ZeridotDark_Zeridot Join Date: 2017-02-06 Member: 227672Members
It would be interesting if there were different endings, like the standard "Disable the gun, build a rocket, get the hell off of the planet," ending, but wouldn't it be cool if you could disable the gun early in the game, and thus save the Sunbeam and get taken back out to space? There could be other endings, too. Leave your ideas for new endings!

Comments

• SaladExistsSaladExists Canada Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219747Members
    Everyone has an idea that includes multiple endings but the "Save the sunbeam" ending would be too easy. All you need to do is just NOT listen to the sunbeams messages so the event doesn't happen. Then, cure yourself and disable the gun and then trigger the sunbeam event. Easy ending right there.
  • DavidXlte01234DavidXlte01234 Indonesian Join Date: 2017-02-15 Member: 227936Members
    1st ending : Get rescued by Sunbeam
    2nd ending : died because of the disease
    3rd ending : the precursor save you and erase your mind.. you got back to earth.. all the PDA you have is destroyed so there is no evidence
    4th ending : meet the Sea Emperor at the core of the planet and died
    5th ending : Sea Emperor is dead, the cure was founded, the precursor status is now became a good alien, and you became the eyewitnesses that survived the carrar (which is a happy ending)
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    Everyone has an idea that includes multiple endings but the "Save the sunbeam" ending would be too easy. All you need to do is just NOT listen to the sunbeams messages so the event doesn't happen. Then, cure yourself and disable the gun and then trigger the sunbeam event. Easy ending right there.

Not necessarily true. They could have it be a timed thing, so the Sunbeam approaches regardless if you listen in or not, or even have the Sunbeam NOT approach the planet if you don't listen in after X amount of days. So you'd disable the gun, repair the comms, and never get the message and thus never triggering the event. No Sunbeam ending.

Maybe in order to get that ending you'd need to have listened in on to their messages before you find the cure or access the platform, so it's a race against time to get it done. I want to be able to save the Sunbeam, but I also don't want it to be an easy matter - it should be an achievement in itself.
  • DavidXlte01234DavidXlte01234 Indonesian Join Date: 2017-02-15 Member: 227936Members
    edited February 2017
    Rezca wrote: »

Not necessarily true. They could have it be a timed thing, so the Sunbeam approaches regardless if you listen in or not, or even have the Sunbeam NOT approach the planet if you don't listen in after X amount of days. So you'd disable the gun, repair the comms, and never get the message and thus never triggering the event. No Sunbeam ending.

Maybe in order to get that ending you'd need to have listened in on to their messages before you find the cure or access the platform, so it's a race against time to get it done. I want to be able to save the Sunbeam, but I also don't want it to be an easy matter - it should be an achievement in itself.

maybe if you failed save the Sunbeam there should be like a cutscene where ur character is thrown off to the back because of the gun that shot and release a BIG wave of air.. and probably we can search the Sunbeam wreck to find a clue to get another ending by the broken PDA by the wreck of Sunbeam.. Another door closes, there should be another door open......
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    edited February 2017

maybe if you failed save the Sunbeam there should be like a cutscene where ur character is thrown off to the back because of the gun that shot and release a BIG wave of air.. and probably we can search the Sunbeam wreck to find a clue to get another ending by the broken PDA by the wreck of Sunbeam.. Another door closes, there should be another door open......

The Sunbeam's too small to really produce a wreck. If the quarantine platform can blow a hole through the nearly mile-long Aurora, what would it do to that tiny little ship? We see it more or less get vaporized too - there's no wreck that can come from something that's been reduced to little more than dust. At best we could find additional Scrap Metal seeded through the world in the Mountains and adjacent biomes, but an intact wreck is a bit much. *EDIT* Unless they've already added in one. I was unaware of them beginning to implement the Lost River leviathan, so what would I know. */EDIT*

I've been hoping they'd open some doors after the ones they've closed already (The ILZ entrances), but I don't see that happening and I'm figuring the Sunbeam's event chain is going to be final as well, even if it's perfectly logical that we'd be able to have them turn around by finding out about the defense system before they arrive *shrugs*
    not the sunbeam... the gun.... good god, my english languange is baaad as hell
    because the gun is releasing a HUGE amount of air wave and we standing right next to it... but hopefully theres another ending
  • SigmalxSigmalx USA Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220132Members

The Sunbeam's too small to really produce a wreck. If the quarantine platform can blow a hole through the nearly mile-long Aurora, what would it do to that tiny little ship? We see it more or less get vaporized too - there's no wreck that can come from something that's been reduced to little more than dust. At best we could find additional Scrap Metal seeded through the world in the Mountains and adjacent biomes, but an intact wreck is a bit much. *EDIT* Unless they've already added in one. I was unaware of them beginning to implement the Lost River leviathan, so what would I know. */EDIT*

I've been hoping they'd open some doors after the ones they've closed already (The ILZ entrances), but I don't see that happening and I'm figuring the Sunbeam's event chain is going to be final as well, even if it's perfectly logical that we'd be able to have them turn around by finding out about the defense system before they arrive *shrugs*
    you know whats weird, there are a few new doors that replaced the old closed doors. they closed the dunes and summarily the both of the direct bloodkelp entrances. but they've opened a subtle one inside the mountains (took me a while to find, cant remember where it i remember finding one,) and one in the Deep Grand Reef. which is straight across from the abandoned base, past the lost river entrance. you should find it marked by a jade sphere trapped inside a "belltower" shaped rock structure.
  • aurora_go_big_bookaurora_go_big_book Join Date: 2021-02-06 Member: 267498Members
    edited February 2021
    disable gun before aurora explodes and then use the commands area and it will open a hole in the aurora and will fix the core
    then wait for the sunbeam but you need a beacon first, but they insist to bring a peeper then they get a spade fish and find a sandshark that kills some of the crew who put it in