Subnautica Idea's (Feel free to post your ideas!)

AladortheDragonAladortheDragon Kansas Join Date: 2017-02-12 Member: 227831Members
Hello Subnautica, I understand that it can take time, months or even longer to create large detailed structures but I do have some ideas so please hear me out! OK so to get started I think that we can all say that the submarines in the game are awesome! Others may not be so fond of them but to my perspective (and others) I think I can figure out that we would like some more vehicles, even though we have the Cyclops, Seamoth, and the Prawn Suit; but what if there were more vehicles, one's a little more interesting! So at this point I believe that you have heard of the 3 concept art submarines with the names being Manta, Draconis, and Shark <---(Not Official), so here is where this get's interesting so as you know we have the Cyclops which is not exactly made for the conditions of the Lava Biome, so since the Draconis is a very armored submarine it could serve some purpose there or even for encountering other powerful creatures such as the Sea Dragon, Sea Emperor, and even the Reaper Leviathan. http://i.imgur.com/iCszsQs.png <--- (Draconis Image Link)

Next up we have the Manta! Now if you look at the image the size looks Massive!; but in fact that is still not the biggest submarine that I am covering but we will get to that eventually! So the Manta is a very big submarine and in my perspective couldn't really be used as a usable exploring submarine, instead it could be used as a sub-base (Submarine Base), I say this because it has very large expanding sides which looks as if it could provide enough for 4 people considering that the living space is almost like a rounded out square. Now this would be a great submarine for those that can't build a base at certain depth and there main base (or other bases) are too far away so the manta could be used for an emergency base that would be big enough to provide enough living space to provide a Bedroom, Food supply room (Fish tanks and ETC), Storage room, and even possibly a room to be used for constructing! I believe that this would be a great idea since we can't always build a base but to my perspective the Manta still looks to be big enough to house the Cyclops with the Cyclops housing the Seamoth or Prawn Suit! http://i.imgur.com/S4gWnYo.png <--- (Manta Image Link)

For the third and final of my suggestions we have the one and only submarine, Shark! Now this submarine for sure looks capable enough to house the Draconis housing the Cyclops housing either the Seamoth or Prawn Suit (assuming the Draconis can house the Cyclops)! Now the shark would be great because even though if the other two submarines were to be implemented, they would still not be foreseeable to withstand the Sea Emperor. However Assuming that the Manta or Draconis can withhold the Sea Emperor it would still be a very nice submarine to have considering that you could be the king of the sea. Along with the implantation these submarines could be new technology to make them! Also another thing the Shark would be great for those who want to explore the Subnautica in deep depths that the Seamoth and Prawn Suit somehow would not be able to handle. Even though that the Shark is the biggest submarine by far it would be great for fending of those fierce Reaper Leviathans! The Shark would also be a great way to explore the depths of the Aurora or even Pre Cursor locations! Finally along with the Sharks Enormous size it could be used as a base just like the Manta except more practical for moving to locations. http://i.imgur.com/6O9Lze6.png <--- (Shark Image Link)

Anyways thanks for reading this Subnautica and I hope that you can take these submarines into consideration and possibly think of implementing them into the PC game whenever possible! I believe that it would an amazing improvement and update if these submarines were to be implemented into the game! Anyway's until then I will be watching closely for more updates to subnautica (PC)! Thank's. P.S. If you could, please send me details of any info that you think of these submarines!

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2017
    I want a boat and a fishing pole >_>

This is why workshop support could be amazing to add tiny stuff like this :D Also I'd love a bigger sub!
  • DracobombaDracobomba Join Date: 2016-04-08 Member: 215502Members
    edited February 2017
    I believe the third sub was official artwork and named the "Beluga".

The dev's main gripe with other subs, aside from being tedious work, was that the subs needed to be able to access different areas, meaning that terrain had to be moved/removed in order to make enough space for the subs to move around. The cyclops as it is barely squeezes into some of the deeper caves. This would then lead to a need for a longer render distance for visibility, due to the large spaces involved, which then leads to performance issues, and blah blah so on and so forth. Basically, it created more problems than it solved, cool as it would be.

I admit I would have liked to see other subs. Maybe they could have been implemented the same size as the cyclops, as other options for the same purpose. The cyclops has cameras around it, and a docking bay, but sacrifices speed and visibility for easy movement. Perhaps the Beluga could be a similar sub with a different layout, having a scanner room on the bottom and camera drones to explore the area around it, but lacking a docking bay. It would be a similar sub that allows the player to explore and gain resources without relying on vehicles.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    This person really wants these subs.

He's posted the exact same comment seven times, in different threads.

This isn't going to end well.
  • wowwinkwowwink Merica Join Date: 2016-12-05 Member: 224596Members
    Controllable creatires
  • DavidXlte01234DavidXlte01234 Indonesian Join Date: 2017-02-15 Member: 227936Members
    lets not thinking about subs.... lets make the island bigger with more precursor secret like cache or temple... maybe we can add some vehicle for the land like Electric Motorcycle perhaps..
  • EmmettTheDestroyerEmmettTheDestroyer Join Date: 2017-01-07 Member: 226306Members
    (WARNING: Spoilers)

I want to be able to go to the Sunbeam wreckage and make a mini submarine. Something in between a seamoth and a cyclops.
  • ZediaZedia Join Date: 2017-05-03 Member: 230227Members
    I have an idea for a new fish but i don't know how to start my own thread...
  • ZediaZedia Join Date: 2017-05-03 Member: 230227Members
    there is no "new thread" button or anything so please help me
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    If you don't see one then most likely you are on mobile
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    To post on mobile pressthe pencil in the bottom right corner
  • nicholastannicholastan Malaysia Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230237Members
    Add a control security room to overcome all situation on your underwater Base. It can control your power usage and bulkhead when flooded.
  • nicholastannicholastan Malaysia Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230237Members
    This might overcome bulkhead problems.
  • destructor465destructor465 Join Date: 2017-05-05 Member: 230273Members
    edited May 2017
    What about gamemode where no history, just survival with all stats and base building, also if there won't be any history, there may be some random map generator(not only random resources and creatures).
    So creative just with hunger, water, oxygen, damage and no cost off. Because creative has no story.
    edited May 2017
    So creative just with hunger, water, oxygen, damage and no cost off. Because creative has no story.

Yes, also with random map generation. I would rather play this gamemode than creative.
    Sometimes I want to just survive and build awesome base without any interference of game history.
  • ArbitorArbitor Australia Join Date: 2017-05-06 Member: 230303Members
    edited May 2017
    Any reason there is no new thread option in the suggestions page ?, Also getting this problem on PC. and there is no support column i could write on. ?
    Arbitor wrote: »
    Any reason there is no new thread option in the suggestions page ?, Also getting this problem on PC. and there is no support column i could write on. ?

Yeah, I can't find that too.
  • ratonraton Czech republic Join Date: 2017-05-07 Member: 230306Members
    What about moveable cameras in cyclops? (Like in scaner room)

Sorry for my bad English..
  • ArbitorArbitor Australia Join Date: 2017-05-06 Member: 230303Members
    edited May 2017
    I have some good ideas, though need to get posts up so i can create a new thread
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Arbitor wrote: »

Just click on the words that say "Ideas and Suggestions" or "General Discussion" and in the top left corner, you'll see a "NEW DISSCUSION" button.

Don't worry about missing it, it took me almost a week to figure out.

It hides very well in plain sight. ;)

• DavidXlte01234DavidXlte01234 Indonesian Join Date: 2017-02-15 Member: 227936Members
    how about multiplayer?........................ (DADAAAAA) no, just kiddin'.. i just want better sea base and some underwater weather
  • ThePassionateGamerThePassionateGamer Germany Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218219Members
    Zedia wrote: »
    I have an idea for a new fish but i don't know how to start my own thread...

I think you first have to have your account for a few days and you have to post a certain number of times before you can make your own threads. I think they do this to prevent spamming. There should be an info about this somewhere on these forums. But I don't remember where.

@AladortheDragon The idea about more and bigger subs isn't new and as @Dracobomba already said, UWE would have to redesign the whole game to make it big enough to drive submarines that big around. It just would take way to much effort and time to implement. I guess we won't see bigger subs until a Sequel or mod support comes out. So yes basically new subs are cool but I bet we won't see them anytime soon.
  • WoosaaWoosaa Join Date: 2017-05-09 Member: 230373Members
    co-op please.
    It would be a huge deal if you could work that in sometime.
    even if it's not until the game's release
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    edited May 2017
    Woosaa wrote: »
    co-op please.
    It would be a huge deal if you could work that in sometime.
    even if it's not until the game's release
    b49.jpg
    edited May 2017
    *pump shotgun while terminator music is playing* where does Woosaa live? Actually I have a better idea
    edited May 2017
  • Sir_AflackSir_Aflack Join Date: 2017-04-02 Member: 229379Members
    I don't know if this is a place where developers and such can see this kind of thing, (so other consumers please repost this where it will be effective if you like it.). I would personally like to see Weather changes, maybe even seasons long term, (though not 365 days in game maybe every 20 in game days a season change? with random weather?). I would also like to see more aggressiveness in well, aggressive creatures, they are simply too easy to avoid. I'm certain I'm not the first to have these ideas, but I haven't come across them posted before, (not saying they haven't been posted, just that I haven't seen them). Sir_Aflack
  • SteveoJoeSteveoJoe Rhode Island Join Date: 2017-05-10 Member: 230410Members
    Okay, I saw a punching bag recently and I was like, "dude that has to go into the game" for zero reason whatsoever. I think it would be pretty cool to have some exercise equipment (although I don't know why you would need it, the swimming should have you covered). I was also listening to a son my band performed a few years back, called "Escape From the Deep." It would really fit into the game well, check it out to see if you like it!
  • Deep_Diver_XDeep_Diver_X Unknown, Last Known Location: Milky Way, Sector B65 (Norma Arm),Coordinates: 16h 36m 08.3235s Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230468Members
    I have Many idea's I will start with the Oldest one and work my way to the Newest.
    • Cyclops Improvments.
    1. "Constant scan": when a creature attacks you it is not Just a creature attack but it know's what class creature it is and the red Dot's could become Smaller or bigger depending on the size.
    2. Interaction with player: It could Speak to you more (With it's epic voice) and has more personality. it know's and Relays information to you trough it's Voice.
      For example In point one: "Attention! Captain! Leviathan Class Creature attack Detected, I suggest evacuation of the area Or decoy Deploying" [When The Hull was attacked at 100% (Alarm's Remain the same as the Current Creature attack alarm)]. [When Creature attack's at 50% or after (Alarms are Little more frantic)]: "Warning! Captain! Leviathan Class creature attack! I suggest immidiate evacuation of the area as the Threat Level is Considered high, Deploying of the Decoy might be a good idea!" [If the Hull is attacked at 25% (Alarms go Very Frantic)]: Danger! Captain! Leviathan Class Attack! Deploy Shielding Immidetaly! Threat level is High! Decoy Deploying Highly Suggested!. [When hull is at 15% (alarms go Really Frantic and scary so you Know you are in a huge danger)]:" DANGER! Capt'n Danger! Sub is SEVERLY Damaged! Leviathan Class Creature attacking! Evecuate the area! Full shielding! Deploy the Decoy!" [If hull is 10%> (Nuclear alarm's)] DANGER! Submarine Decompression imminent! Levithan Class Creature attack! God help as all. [Just before Exploding like a final minute before explosion] "Cap'n..Please do not let me Die..Destruction in..10....9....8---"Etc. Also Fire will be announced in more detail: "Warning! Fire detected at Bottom deck in sector 2 (Middle part)!
    3. Self Destruct Button: For when you are REALLY desperate of getting Rid of something: "Warning! Reactor Overdrive! Self Destruct sequence initialized! [Almost Nuclear like Alarm-s] Self destruction in -1 Minute! Submarine Evacuation Is now in effect.[Evac. Alarm's along with Destruction alarm's] Warning! all hands, Abandon ship! Abandon Ship! (after some time) Self destruction in -10....9....8--"etc. [You can Abort at any time] "Attention! Self Destruct sequence has now been, Aborted! Have a Wonderful day."
    • A bigger Sub: Cargo sub even..with 3 Deck's Instead of 2 (Like the cyclops) and about 2x Wider than the Cyclops and 3x Longer. and the 3rd deck is Totally stuff free so feel free to Implement Lockers,Modification stations Etc. also It would Look Bulky/Industrial and only window's are those in cockpit and just before exit, also it can store 2 Veichles (2 bays)
    • War Sub: For example a True battle sub (The Vengance, [Name WIP]) With 6 Forward Torpedo tubes 2 back, Shielding, Reenforced Hull (Can take a LOT more beating than a Cyclops Even being able to take 2 hit's from the Emperor) And 2 Missile Tubes (A long range ones that Could Go up a bit then Dive deep down (Like 200-500m) and then Blowing up, Killing in 20m radius. and a Depth charge tube (for taking out whoever is following you with Decoy tech in the middle, calling the creatures near it and Detonating it) It would be relatively Slow There is only 1 window Forward Mostly Cameras side Could have that Original Cyclops Look to it but, it cannot store ANY veichle
    • Stealth Sub: Shield, max noise is 5 Bar's, And is Faster than Cyclops But Stay's Little Behind Seamoth, Sleek Bullet design, Only 1 deck At front 360 Degree Viewport In the Middle airlock/Bulkhead to get out and Little more room than a Base hallway but not Much, Having 4 cameras (Up,Left,right,down) 1 Decoy tube, as you can guess Does not store any veichle.
    • Base AI Core And Personalty (So the Base's have Buildable AI core (Dracon1023's idea) But also so they have a little Personality for Player Interaction, so player can have Somewhat meaningful converstations with it
    That are all the ideas to put here for now :p Feedback always Welcome :3
    edited May 2017
    I have Many idea's I will start with the Oldest one and work my way to the Newest.
    • Cyclops Improvments.
    1. "Constant scan": when a creature attacks you it is not Just a creature attack but it know's what class creature it is and the red Dot's could become Smaller or bigger depending on the size.
    2. Interaction with player: It could Speak to you more (With it's epic voice) and has more personality. it know's and Relays information to you trough it's Voice.
      For example In point one: "Attention! Captain! Leviathan Class Creature attack Detected, I suggest evacuation of the area Or decoy Deploying" [When The Hull was attacked at 100% (Alarm's Remain the same as the Current Creature attack alarm)]. [When Creature attack's at 50% or after (Alarms are Little more frantic)]: "Warning! Captain! Leviathan Class creature attack! I suggest immidiate evacuation of the area as the Threat Level is Considered high, Deploying of the Decoy might be a good idea!" [If the Hull is attacked at 25% (Alarms go Very Frantic)]: Danger! Captain! Leviathan Class Attack! Deploy Shielding Immidetaly! Threat level is High! Decoy Deploying Highly Suggested!. [When hull is at 15% (alarms go Really Frantic and scary so you Know you are in a huge danger)]:" DANGER! Capt'n Danger! Sub is SEVERLY Damaged! Leviathan Class Creature attacking! Evecuate the area! Full shielding! Deploy the Decoy!" [If hull is 10%> (Nuclear alarm's)] DANGER! Submarine Decompression imminent! Levithan Class Creature attack! God help as all. [Just before Exploding like a final minute before explosion] "Cap'n..Please do not let me Die..Destruction in..10....9....8---"Etc. Also Fire will be announced in more detail: "Warning! Fire detected at Bottom deck in sector 2 (Middle part)!
    3. Self Destruct Button: For when you are REALLY desperate of getting Rid of something: "Warning! Reactor Overdrive! Self Destruct sequence initialized! [Almost Nuclear like Alarm-s] Self destruction in -1 Minute! Submarine Evacuation Is now in effect.[Evac. Alarm's along with Destruction alarm's] Warning! all hands, Abandon ship! Abandon Ship! (after some time) Self destruction in -10....9....8--"etc. [You can Abort at any time] "Attention! Self Destruct sequence has now been, Aborted! Have a Wonderful day."
    • A bigger Sub: Cargo sub even..with 3 Deck's Instead of 2 (Like the cyclops) and about 2x Wider than the Cyclops and 3x Longer. and the 3rd deck is Totally stuff free so feel free to Implement Lockers,Modification stations Etc. also It would Look Bulky/Industrial and only window's are those in cockpit and just before exit, also it can store 2 Veichles (2 bays)
    • War Sub: For example a True battle sub (The Vengance, [Name WIP]) With 6 Forward Torpedo tubes 2 back, Shielding, Reenforced Hull (Can take a LOT more beating than a Cyclops Even being able to take 2 hit's from the Emperor) And 2 Missile Tubes (A long range ones that Could Go up a bit then Dive deep down (Like 200-500m) and then Blowing up, Killing in 20m radius. and a Depth charge tube (for taking out whoever is following you with Decoy tech in the middle, calling the creatures near it and Detonating it) It would be relatively Slow There is only 1 window Forward Mostly Cameras side Could have that Original Cyclops Look to it but, it cannot store ANY veichle
    • Stealth Sub: Shield, max noise is 5 Bar's, And is Faster than Cyclops But Stay's Little Behind Seamoth, Sleek Bullet design, Only 1 deck At front 360 Degree Viewport In the Middle airlock/Bulkhead to get out and Little more room than a Base hallway but not Much, Having 4 cameras (Up,Left,right,down) 1 Decoy tube, as you can guess Does not store any veichle.
    • Base AI Core And Personalty (So the Base's have Buildable AI core (Dracon1023's idea) But also so they have a little Personality for Player Interaction, so player can have Somewhat meaningful converstations with it
    That are all the ideas to put here for now :p Feedback always Welcome :3

I like everything expect the missles part of the war sub. They don't want lethal weapons.