The Ghost Leviathan's finished model!

Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
<div class="sketchfab-embed-wrapper"><iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://sketchfab.com/models/a43969b8a2ce42d5b9807a4067903aad/embed&quot; frameborder="0" allowvr allowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true" onmousewheel=""></iframe>

<p style="font-size: 13px; font-weight: normal; margin: 5px; color: #4A4A4A;">
<a href="https://sketchfab.com/models/a43969b8a2ce42d5b9807a4067903aad?utm_medium=embed&utm_source=website&utm_campain=share-popup&quot; target="_blank" style="font-weight: bold; color: #1CAAD9;">SFAB</a>
by <a href="https://sketchfab.com/fox3d?utm_medium=embed&utm_source=website&utm_campain=share-popup&quot; target="_blank" style="font-weight: bold; color: #1CAAD9;">Fox3D</a>
on <a href="https://sketchfab.com?utm_medium=embed&utm_source=website&utm_campain=share-popup&quot; target="_blank" style="font-weight: bold; color: #1CAAD9;">Sketchfab</a>
</p>
</div>
Looks amazing!

Comments

• SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    edited February 2017
    OH.

MY.

GOSH.

That looks freaking amazing.
    The question now, how big is it going to be?

Are we talking Reaper Leviathan size, or Old Reefback size?
  • Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
    edited February 2017
    It looks like they've made the final model generally look a little more aggressive looking in color than the concept art, with darker colors and glowing eyes on the final, it also has countershading now for some reason.

But it still doesn't look that dangerous to me, and I still think it should be peaceful.
    The Lost River doesn't really have room for a giant leviathan, which would mean they'd have to shrink the Ghost down a lot, expand the Lost River, or move the Ghost Leviathan to a completely different biome.
    Making it a gentle giant might also be easier to program, possibly allowing it to be implemented before v1.0.
  • CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
    Come on we have a much bigger chance now!!!
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    And...nightmare fuel. Thanks ever so much. ;)
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    Skope wrote: »
    The question now, how big is it going to be?
    Are we talking Reaper Leviathan size, or Old Reefback size?
    @Skope Wouldn't it mess with your head if it was the size of a holefish but with the attitude of a leviathan? There it is, biting the hell out of your PRAWN's finger like it's taking on the world while you just look at it with no small amount of pity. ;)
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    Now I want it even more...

I think it should be dangerous, but not very dangerous, unlike other leviathans. This is mainly due to the fact that I'd love it to be in the large mushroom forest, around the enormous tree, or around the cove tree.
  • CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
    It was portrayed in the concept art roaming around and in the massive skeleton's ribs.
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    The actual skeleton (or whatever it is) looks kinda cute, don't ya think? But then with the gelatinous stuff around, it becomes a nightmare!
  • kJGkJG Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218794Members
    Morph_Guy wrote: »
    I've some interesting differences between the concept art and the final model, the final model seems to be a lot darker in color with brighter bioluminescent stripes and eyes, it lacks the small orange spots on the front of it's outer membrane, the body itself seems to be a lot different on the final model, with what appears to be countershading (even though it lives in a cave deep under water), and the creature itself doesn't seem to be a long and thin as the concept art, the final model generally seems to look a little more aggressive looking than the concept art.

That being said, it still doesn't look that dangerous to me, and I still think it should be peaceful.

Actually, it has those orange spots on its forehead. Next to the bioluminescence its just not that easy to see
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    Great! A giant, ELETRICAL leviathan... WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?! <where the hell I left my guns>
  • wowwinkwowwink Merica Join Date: 2016-12-05 Member: 224596Members
  • DavidXlte01234DavidXlte01234 Indonesian Join Date: 2017-02-15 Member: 227936Members
    so, The Lost River should be bigger then.. to put the Ghost/Phantom Leviathan? am i right? or we need to shrink the leviathan to fit The Lost River which is SUCK! anyway.. should the leviathan is invisible for a couple second like when the leviathan feel threaded and the leviathan turned invisible? and then a Jumpscare right at the back of your Seamoth/P.R.A.W.N with spooky sound coming from the leviathan itself.... oooh! or the leviathan is actually is not aggresive so no Jumpscare... OK
  • IntrepidHIntrepidH Florida Join Date: 2015-12-09 Member: 209838Members
    Dear god it's really happening :#
  • ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members
    Please have it go invisible.
  • ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members
    It looks like they've made the final model generally look a little more aggressive looking in color than the concept art, with darker colors and glowing eyes on the final, it also has countershading now for some reason.

But it still doesn't look that dangerous to me, and I still think it should be peaceful.
    The Lost River doesn't really have room for a giant leviathan, which would mean they'd have to shrink the Ghost down a lot, expand the Lost River, or move the Ghost Leviathan to a completely different biome.
    Making it a gentle giant might also be easier to program, possibly allowing it to be implemented before v1.0.

Leviathan class predator.

It is aggressive, please let it go.
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members

Don't forget that this leviathan has some aspects of the Ampeel on it. So, and agressive, electrical leviathan...
    Where the hell I left my baseball bat?
    Okay, I've wanated to do this for some time now...

The Phantom Leviathan

The Phantom Leviathan thrives in the inky depths of the Lost River. There is only one known specimen, but eggs have been sighted, so it is safe to assume that there is more than one of this creature in the world. Its gestation period is four years, so it will be a while before we discover a second Phantom Leviathan.

It is the apex predator of the Lost River, and, although there aren't many bones in the creature, smaller fossils that match the bones inside the Leviathan have been discovered. Because of this we can assume that this creature survived the Mass Extinction Event several hundred years ago.

It's cry is similar to that of a Jellyray, and its flesh is poisonous like a Jellyray, Ghostray and Rabbitray, therefore this creature is probably a distant cousin of these smaller rays. It is similar in appearance to the Ghostray; its skin is a translucent blue and it shares some behavioural characteristics with its cousin.

Its most formidable weapon is a half-meter spike on its chin that it uses when charging down prey. It also uses this sharp point to dig for smaller creatures in the earth below. However it has a secondary weapon; a small electrical pulse that can paralyse any creature within close proximity for a few seconds. Electricity can be seen running up the length of its body through bright yellow veins, and this is what it outputs to immobilise these creatures.

The clubs on the side of its head are for display, and to attract a mate. Only females have these decorations.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    You can watch the Ghost Leviathan implementation process here a bit ...

Come on, it was much too easy to travel through the Lost River even without any vehicle! The Ghost Leviathan might force us to be very careful there.
  • awesomeguy101awesomeguy101 Join Date: 2016-06-21 Member: 218886Members
    Ummm... this is even more nightmare fuel than the first time I encountered a reaper. And its not even in game! It would be cool if it defended territory (attacking anything that gets close to the bones). One of the things we saw before the lost river was implemented in the concept art was an open area. May the large, open trenches and bone fields be remembered. I do think the enclosed feel of the lost river will make having a leviathan class nightmare fuel swimming around that much more stressful.
    I've had a thought;

Perhaps you could attach the three spikes along its sides with a thin layer of transparent webbing? I don't know, I think they need to have something more to them than what they are now, but I don't know what.
    edited February 2017

That name could always could always end up getting changed in future, the Sea Emperor used to be called the Grand Leviathan. Nothing is set in stone until it gets it's AI.

But I honestly don't care too much now, and I'll be fine with it being aggressive as long as they can make it work in the Lost River without it being awkward or annoying, and hopefully not scaled down too much.

• zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members

That name could always could always end up getting changed in future, the Sea Emperor used to be called the
    Grand Leviathan. Nothing is set in stone until it gets it's AI.

But I honestly don't care too much now, and I'll be fine with it being aggressive as long as they can make it work in the Lost River without it being awkward or annoying, and hopefully not scaled down too much.

There aren't many sea dragons down in the Lava zone. So maybe 1 ghost leviathan roaming at the major LR intersection from both ways up and the only way down, including the small connection to the Precursor base, is enough. Max should probably be 3 of them with the other ones at the Ghost tree and at the giant skeleton.
    Updates from discord:
    5d7f5ef4e7b3cd6aa2c977edf778504a.png
    926ce8cf7dc4a11266ec2eb98a4918b6.png
    341ec453da912175f8c4a574ef5c5df8.png
    Keep in mind that none of this is completely confirmed and could still change in the future.
  • FleursFleurs France Join Date: 2017-02-18 Member: 228025Members
    edited February 2017
    and I'll be fine with it being aggressive as long as they can make it work in the Lost River without it being awkward or annoying, and hopefully not scaled down too much.
    They could make it attack via a ultrasonic howl in the form of a 360° giant ball of soundwave that could act like an EMP shout (temporaly disabling engine and light on vehicle and/or draining energy left), and/or hurting the player or blurring heavily his vision during a few moment.

That way, it could act like a PBAoE ranged attack that could be done without having to move the creature away from it's set path.
    edited February 2017
    They've said it won't be getting any special abilities, so that's probably out of the question.
  • AvimimusAvimimus Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214968Members
    Honestly, it'd be great if it was silent (or almost silent)... I mean, it is a ghost right? Spooky!
  • pie1055pie1055 Join Date: 2016-12-05 Member: 224603Members
    Even so I'm glad their artists have enough time on their hands to basically have this guy good to go should the programmers get the time.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Please please please make it a gentle giant.

It'd be perfect. Looks like a horrific nightmare monster, just wants to be left the hell alone.