The Lava War Thread

Comments

• Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    edited February 2017
    Calling @Casual_Player, we hear you. Performing our turn now.

I place 1 army on C1 and move all units to C2.

/Operation Log-5\ Unfortunately, the source of the music I could here was merely a speaker or transmitter, broadcasting the music from a remote location. It took some time attempting to trace down the source but after a few seconds, I tracked the music to the EC section of the ILZ which, according to intelligence reports from GCSC Red Spies, was guarded by several Lava Larvae and a solitary Ampeel (No doubt the DJ in distress).

Now comes the difficult decision of who to save first. While the Agent Prime did state over communications that the EPCA would provide support in recovering the DJ, they wouldn't be as much help having to fight their way through two River Prowlers and a Sea Dragon just to reach where she was stationed. It would still be a considerably easier to save the DJ, as I could always warp her out of there quickly with minimal fuss. However, recovering Bonecruncher was my primary objective, and besides; the recovery of one of the greatest military generals is of far greater importance than a musician, no matter how popular she was or what music she broadcasted, suggestive or otherwise.

I will make my final decision once I reach the Lava Castle, the most likely place that Bonecruncher would be held.

4th Division Crabsquid: "You there!!"

What? Have I been spotted? No, wait. Just an enemy Crabsquid and a Lava Lizard

Lava Lizard: "What? What is it? Attack?! The Reapers are attacking?!?"

4th Division Crabsquid: "No! We have received new orders to look out for Noble Cleanser."

Lava Lizard: "Noble Cleanser, the Warper super-soldier? Man, have you been hangin' around the smoking chimneys again? That guy is just a myth."

4th Division Crabsquid: "Well, he can't be if the orders I received were of executive priority. From Pater Aestus himself."

Excellent. Most of the lesser troops are still unaware of my existence. That makes my job easier, since I don't have to concern myself with on-edge troopers. I should stick around, and hopefully extract some more information from these two unaware soldiers.

Lava Lizard: "Well, man. If you and the Grand-All-Pooter want to keep chasing ghosts, that's fine by me."

4th Division Crabsquid: "......You're absolutely right."

Wait a second... does he know?...
    Perhaps sticking around was the wrong decision...

"We have been chasing a ghost."

<><><><><>----VOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!

Subnautica-Dangerous-Creatures-6.jpg

*Cloaking disabled, all motor function is offline, Warping modules offline*

"And we have just caught it."
  • PaterAestusPaterAestus Join Date: 2017-01-03 Member: 225985Members
    edited February 2017
    Well done Crabsquid. You have done the Lava Empire a great service.

I remember your name, it was Skyros. Yes, Corporal Skyros.

As you already know, Sketh was killed by Aboveworld in their attack on the Lost River.

For your dedication to my orders, I say you take his place. Your first order, bring this "Noble Cleanser" to me.

Since he is so committed to finding Ms. DJ and Mr. Bonecruncher, I will show him unto them.

Well, not DJ, she is currently playing a concert for the Dragons. I don't blame them for wanting to hear her songs,

Man, her tracks are straight fire, yo!

Ahem...

I apologize, I don't know what came over me.

I mean her music is adequate.

But I'm sure Mr. Bonecruncher would be delighted to see the Warper.

After all,

My stomach is the only thing he's seen for weeks.
    And as for your second order, Skyros.

That Lava Lizard you spoke to, tell him to go the Active Lava Zone. Have him search that blasted Antecedents castle for anything useful.

He will learn to be more obedient to my words then.

The Unheard are always good at being obedient.
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    The story ain't over 'till this storyteller makes his final post about it.
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    Calling @the_mariner
    Are you there, over.
  • the_marinerthe_mariner US of A Join Date: 2016-12-29 Member: 225653Members
    Calling @the_mariner
    Are you there, over.

Yup. I have my move down. Just let me finish my roleplaying segment, and I'm good to go.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Calling @the_mariner
    Are you there, over.

Yup. I have my move down. Just let me finish my roleplaying segment, and I'm good to go.

Must be a really long role-playing segment.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Um, @the_mariner?

You kind of left us hanging.

Are you done with your role-playing segment?
    Skope wrote: »
    Um, @the_mariner?

You kind of left us hanging.

Are you done with your role-playing segment?

Not yet, sorry. I've been having a pretty busy day. I promise you guys, I'll have it up by tonight.
    edited February 2017
    See? Told you.

- Move 2 reefbacks to E2
    - Move 2 reefbacks from E2 to C1
    - Move 1 reefback from C1 to C2
    - Move 1 reefback from C2 to C3
    - Move 1 reefback from C3 to OG
    - Move 2 reefbacks from OG to IG1

FIELD REPORT PHLX/89P/021 – PHALANX UNIT:
    Field Report, Commander Rychus. We've received an emergency databurst from Agent 312-117 – apparently the damn fool got himself captured.

We should have been there.

EPCA command ordered us to reinforce him, and what did we do? Nothing! We might as well have butchered him ourselves!! Command tells us to advance slowly and carefully, that our time will come if only we wait, but has it? NO! We sit and watch as our allies and friends are butchered, while our leaders strategize and make their plans-

-I'm sorry. This outburst was extremely unprofessional of me, and it won't happen again.

In other news, we've just received reinforcements from the main entrance. They'll help to fortify our lines as we advance through the Lava Zone. Our orders are to assist in the possible retrieval of DJ Ampeel, General Bonecruncher, and Noble Cleanser, all while preparing to breach through to the central chamber.

If I were to be honest, I'd tell you I'm scared. But I can't. I have to be strong: for my troops, for our people, for all of Aboveworld.

I'm really, really scared.

May the tides have mercy on us all.

Rychus out.
    See? Told you.

- Move 2 reefbacks to E2
    - Move 2 reefbacks from E2 to C1
    - Move 2 reefbacks from C1 to C2
    - Move 2 reefbacks from C2 to C3
    - Move 2 reefbacks from C3 to OG
    - Move 2 reefbacks from OG to IG1

FIELD REPORT PHLX/89P/021 – PHALANX UNIT:
    Field Report, Commander Rychus. We've received an emergency databurst from Agent 312-117 – apparently the damn fool got himself captured.

We should have been there.

EPCA command ordered us to reinforce him, and what did we do? Nothing! We might as well have butchered him ourselves!! Command tells us to advance slowly and carefully, that our time will come if only we wait, but has it? NO! We sit and watch as our allies and friends are butchered, while our leaders strategize and make their plans-

-I'm sorry. This outburst was extremely unprofessional of me, and it won't happen again.

In other news, we've just received reinforcements from the main entrance. They'll help to fortify our lines as we advance through the Lava Zone. Our orders are to assist in the possible retrieval of DJ Ampeel, General Bonecruncher, and Noble Cleanser, all while preparing to breach through to the central chamber.

If I were to be honest, I'd tell you I'm scared. But I can't. I have to be strong: for my troops, for our people, for all of Aboveworld.

I'm really, really scared.

May the tides have mercy on us all.

Rychus out.

Ok. Looks good. Just change how many units you are moving. I consulted the pdf of the rules, and yes, you can move your 2 reinforcements at this same turn. However, it is only 1 territory per time they can move. The moves C1 to C2, C2 to C3 and C3 to OG should be moving only 1 army. The 2 armies you are moving from OG to IG1 are ok.
    @PaterAestus, your reinforcements

- 3 Spine Eels

- 2 Lava Lizards

- 1 Lava Larva

REINFORCEMENTS

I place a Spine eel in O3. I place 2 Spine eels in O2.

I place 2 Lava Lizards in D2.

I place a Lava Larva in EC.

MOVEMENTS

I move the Lava Larva in D2 to EC.

I move 3 Lava Larva in EC to IG2.

I move two Spine eels from O2 to EC in Entrance C.
    REINFORCEMENTS

MOVEMENTS

You can move only 2 Lava Larva from EC to IG2. The third one already made it's move.
    REINFORCEMENTS

MOVEMENTS

You can move only 2 Lava Larva from EC to IG2. The third one already made it's move.

There were 4 Lava Larva on EC, one of which I moved from D2.

And I deployed one Lava Larva into EC, and there was already 2 Lava Larvae that hadn't moved at all.

Therefore, moving three Lava Larva is acceptable.
    There were 2 lava larva on EC. Check the map.
    edited February 2017
    And I deployed one onto EC and moved another from D2.

Making a total of 4.
    You're right. Sorry.
    And that closes the turn. @subnauticambrian, are you there?
    Resuming tomorrow.
    Sorry. Can't use my notebook to make the map today. Tomorrow, yes.
    Turn 4
    5daABUy.jpg

Change in rules.

As of now, the rules regarding deployment of reinforcements for the Aboveworld forces are cancelled. Aboveworld forces may deploy their reinforcements at any territory they already conquered. You don't need to keep deploying reinforcements only at E1 and E2 anymore. As long as you have a unit occuping a territory, you can deploy reinforcements there.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reinforcements:

@ResolutionBlaze - 1 stalker

@Jamezorg - 1 army
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    I put my army on E2 and move two from C to OG.
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    The story ain't over 'till this storyteller makes his final post about it.

Well, I think we're all listening :).
  • ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members
    edited February 2017
    DEVORANDOM TURN

- Place one Stalker at OG

- I move one Reaper from OG to IG

We are working our way forward. But we need to be sure we don't run short on Reapers. If our allies can help hold the front while we gather our reinforcements that would be grand.

When we are able to hold the front and push, we will allow our allies time to gather forces.
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members

There lived a biter from platous long ago,
    He was big and strong, and his antenna a flaming glow
    Sandsharks look at him, with terror and with fear
    But to biter chicks he was such a lovely dear

He could attack the sea moth like a reaper
    Full of ecstasy and fire
    But he also was the kind of leader, the biters would desire

GENERAL BITER HE
    WAS THE GREATEST LOVE MACHINE
    THERE WAS A WAR THEN HE WAS GONE

GENERAL BITER HE
    WAS THE HERO OF THE GCSC
    NOW LETS SEE HOW HE CARRIES ON

He beat the crabsquid back
    And played footie with the head
    But to escape the war, he had to fake his death

Into the void lands he went, to impose his self exile
    But he always regretted it, it never was his style.

But he heard of a threat that was rising, from his land of birth
    So he returned to the corpse of the ship that landed in his place of birth (shut up I couldn't think of anything)

GENERAL BITER HE
    WAS THE GREATEST LOVE MACHINE
    THERE WAS A WAR THEN HE WAS GONE

GENERAL BITER HE
    WAS THE HERO OF THE GCSC
    NOW LETS SEE HOW HE CARRIES ON

Ok enough with the Soviet ness
    I attack the bone shark on 1g with the two biters from 0g, I get a +1 becase communism.
    Reinforcements:

@phantomfinch - 2 armies

FMMA - 2 armies.

I attack the bone shark on 1g with the two biters from 0g, I get a +1 becase communism.

Alright, I get you attack IG1 with 2 armies. What else, concerning deployment, movement, etc?
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    Reinforcements:

@phantomfinch - 2 armies

FMMA - 2 armies.

Alright, I get you attack IG1 with 2 armies. What else, concerning deployment, movement, etc?

The 2 army's on e1,
    Also I for got to mention I'm moving all my forces up the entrence that's ending at c4 so il have 3 units there.