How to save the Rock Puncher!

13»

Comments

• Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    Please Developers, bring the Rockpuncher into the light of day in the epic world of Subnautica. The community wants it to be as such, so please make its so!
  • NecromNecrom The Grave Join Date: 2016-04-07 Member: 215444Members
    Indeed, bring back my rock punching comrade!
  • fallennight1986fallennight1986 texas Join Date: 2016-12-21 Member: 225320Members
    epic 2017 save the rock puncher strike. save the rock puncher or the reaper leviathans go on strike!
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    the reaper leviathans go on strike!

Good.
    B)
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Come to think of it... Rockpuncher sounds like a band name...
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    Woah! I just had a thought! Would this look good in the Kelp Forest or am I being weird? I'm talking about the big ones to the north and west, not the little thin ones. They would walk around, punch the walls and when Stalkers get too close knock them away.

Am I the only one that thinks the Rock Puncher would look really good in the Kelp Forest?
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2017
    TBH, if this guy punches his way into the game... I would probably constantly be laughing my ass off...

Just imagine... He walks up to random stuff, and punches it in the face for reasons :D

I foresee punch and meme OPM style

I could've been glorious!
  • Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
    Jamezorg wrote: »
    Am I the only one that thinks the Rock Puncher would look really good in the Kelp Forest?

That or the Grassy Plateaus.
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    Not to bring war to this thread but Rock Puncher should've been apart of the Election and the Wars.
    Not to bring war to this thread but Rock Puncher should've been apart of the Election and the Wars.

With all due respect can we keep the talk of those silly Wars and Election to the War and Election threads? I try to ignore them best I can.
    Kyman201 wrote: »

With all due respect can we keep the talk of those silly Wars and Election to the War and Election threads? I try to ignore them best I can.

Agreed, but how could you avoid them?
  • RazorLilyRazorLily Norway Join Date: 2017-02-06 Member: 227674Members
    I agree there should be more seafloor-based creatures. Rock puncher is a great addition. The dunes would also need more sandbased creatures :P
  • Based_GoatBased_Goat Join Date: 2017-02-12 Member: 227842Members
    I have a dream

Keep punching raptorial claws, make the body leaner, add evolved crabsquid-like membrane fins for gliding through the caverns of sparse reef and tunnels of koosh zone like a giant anomalocaris, and add fanned antennae of radiant colors.

Behavior: territorial bottom dweller with two glowing antennae lures simulating swimming patterns of smaller fish. It preys on bonesharks and ampeels that are swiftly stunned with a powerful punch. Larger creatures and others of their kind are warned on approach with the second pair of unfurled antennae and loud punches of its raptorial claws. Do not engage in melee unless your PRAWN is equipped with hull reinforcement and even then it's not recommended. Gas torpedoes are your best option to smoke the creature out of its hole.

Fun facts:
    -Its molt has unusually high concentrations of precious metals [1 plating = 1 computer chip, component for upgraded hull reinforcement].
    -Rocky Prawnboa achievement upon defeating a puncher with PRAWN in melee combat.

The war threads? By rolling my eyes and not clicking on them.
    Kyman201 wrote: »

The war threads? By rolling my eyes and not clicking on them.

Well, duh. But they are literally everywhere these days.
  • El_Leviatan_FantasmaEl_Leviatan_Fantasma Florida Join Date: 2017-02-19 Member: 228053Members
    Either the Grassy Plateaus or the Dunes would be good for the Rock Puncher to roam. Make it a Defensive creature that will punch at anything that gets too close but doesn't actively chase and attack things. For environmental interaction it could occasionally punch apart drillable large resource deposits and punch the ground or walls to spawn Rockgrubs and sometimes resources.
  • MegaMagnus8MegaMagnus8 Join Date: 2017-02-25 Member: 228230Members
    Maybe you could tame it by giving it lava leaches than you can ride it ad make it mine for you? Anyone agree?