The Lava War Thread

Comments

• Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    I would like to state that @Nautical_Nick is my VP. He has partial control over military forces, but I have complete authority over the Warpers as a whole.

Nick, I have no intentions to "get rid of you".
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    Skope wrote: »
    New general of the Conglomerate, and you forget it's your turn...

Not the greatest of starts...

I am just guessing on the current state of the map for this turn, I will change if necessary.

I place a Crabsquid on E2

I move the Crabsquid on E1 to E2

I move both Crabsquids on E2 to C

Since @Jamezorg agreed to use this, ok then, we're game. Also, from what I'm getting, you were trying to move one of your armies two times. From what I gather, an army move to one adjaent territory per turn. So, only one crabsquid will be moved to C, k?

And @ResolutionBlaze, I don't know if you finished your move, or only deployed your reinforcements before making your choices. Could you elaborate more?

What do you mean I thought this was the deployment stage.

No, you can deploy and make your moves here. Only turn 1 was exlusively deployment. Now the turns are normal.
  • the_marinerthe_mariner US of A Join Date: 2016-12-29 Member: 225653Members
    Jamezorg wrote: »
    And thus, my IRL issues have resolved themselves... I'm back...

4546B NEWS

Aurora Plans Resolving

Negotiations between the Devorandum and the Conglomerate are coming to and end. These plans, if you didn't already know, concern what is to be done with the Aurora Wreckage. Conglomerate Higher-Ups and Devorandum Peacekeepers have come to the conclusion that it, or most of it, should be pushed into the void for later use. Some say that this is unethical, and that the deep-sea creatures that live in the ink depths should be treated with more respect, although none have ever negotiated with them to date. Protests have begun in the Mushroom Forests, but the Conglomerate estimate that the commotion will die down in at most a week.

Jamezorg Awaits Trial

The Prime Minister of the Conglomerate still awaits trial. The trial will take place after the Lava War is over, and will concern his actions that, some say, fanned the flames of the War of Five Fish. No one but Shoal and Conglomerate leaders know if this is actually true, and, now that the Shoal and Conglomerate have made peace after the Last Presidential Election, the Shoal won't be willing to give up the Prime Minister either.

The only leaders who want the fish incarcerated still is the FMMA. They were to carry out the trial in the Precursor Array, but now, after the events of the Green War, its whereabouts is up for debate.

The Lava War Continues

The Lava War will shape the future, some say. They say it will be the war to end all wars, and that when Pater Aestus is finally dead the ocean will finally be united. It is certainly true now, no matter what the outcome of this conflict is; FMMA, Shoal, Conglomerate and Devorandum fighting alongside one another for the first time in several years.

No battles have been faught yet in this war, however many strike teams have been sent into the biomes below, and only a few have returned. It is said that the 4th Division are dead, however there have been sightings, says a general of the UCR, of Infected Crabsquids in those caves. Was the Battle of the Lost River enough to slay the entire Conglomerate? Prime Minister Jamezorg seems to think so.

Who is our President?

This is a widely debated topic, even within the EPCA. The EPCA have been contributing to the war, but not greatly; instead the higher-ups are focusing their energy into politics and strategy more than the battles in the lava zone. However, the roles of President and Vice President have been shuffled to seemingly no end. Two people are guaranteed to sit at these chairs, but the question is, which will sit where?

@Ralij lead the EPCA for the longest; he ran in the Grand Reef Elections and fought in the War of Five Fish, but now he has been slowly stepping back from his seat of power. @the_mariner has lead the EPCA in the Green War, the Election and the Lava War. They have won the election, and now it is up to both of them to decide which will lead the ocean for the next four years...

Tensions in Warper Ranks

The higher-ups in the Warper's ranks have been having some disputes over leadership.

During the Last Presidential Election (when President Peeps, god rest her soul, was elected) @Nautical_Nick lead the Warpers. He lead them to victory in the War of Five Fish and he vanished. @Enderguy059 assumed control.

Now @Nautical_Nick has returned, and tensions are building. They both command the warpers as fiercely as each other, and have somehow created a leadership split between the two. Who will eventually assume dominance over the warpers?

This has been 4546B news.

(I am talking about the Final news point)
    Soo... Who told you tensions were building? I mean, yes. I do have command over a district of Warpers (@Enderguy059 knows) but we have come to an.... Agreement. Things are fine (I still think that he plans to "get rid of me", more on that later).
    Also, you should do these more often :).
    Nick.

For the love of god, we get it. You left for a while, your account fritzed, shit happens. NONE of us have any sort of issue with that. However, what we do have an issue with is your paranoid ranting about how @Enderguy059 and the rest of us are conspiring against you. The thread does not revolve around you, and your insistence that it does, along with the various conflicts we've been having, is probably one of the reasons why this thread has been going so slowly.

We aren't going to be taking any action for the time being, but if you continue to insist that the people on this thread are out to get you, we are going to get fed up and kick you out. I'm sure @Enderguy059 would agree.

Please consider this - I don't want to give you the boot, and I don't think @Casual_Player or @Skope want to either. So I beg you, try and act responsibly.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Anyway...

@phantomfinch, I believe it is your turn.

Just in case, I'll rehash the turn order just in case in people have forgotten.

@Jamezorg
    @ResolutionBlaze
    @phantomfinch
    @Casual_Player
    @Skope
    @the_mariner
    @Enderguy059
    @PaterAestus
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    Not yet. I do believe @ResolutionBlaze didn't finished his move - I don't know where that "Deployment phase" came from. Things should be running normally now.
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members

4546B NEWS

Aurora Plans Resolving

Negotiations between the Devorandum and the Conglomerate are coming to and end. These plans, if you didn't already know, concern what is to be done with the Aurora Wreckage. Conglomerate Higher-Ups and Devorandum Peacekeepers have come to the conclusion that it, or most of it, should be pushed into the void for later use. Some say that this is unethical, and that the deep-sea creatures that live in the ink depths should be treated with more respect, although none have ever negotiated with them to date. Protests have begun in the Mushroom Forests, but the Conglomerate estimate that the commotion will die down in at most a week.

Jamezorg Awaits Trial

The Prime Minister of the Conglomerate still awaits trial. The trial will take place after the Lava War is over, and will concern his actions that, some say, fanned the flames of the War of Five Fish. No one but Shoal and Conglomerate leaders know if this is actually true, and, now that the Shoal and Conglomerate have made peace after the Last Presidential Election, the Shoal won't be willing to give up the Prime Minister either.

The only leaders who want the fish incarcerated still is the FMMA. They were to carry out the trial in the Precursor Array, but now, after the events of the Green War, its whereabouts is up for debate.

The Lava War Continues

The Lava War will shape the future, some say. They say it will be the war to end all wars, and that when Pater Aestus is finally dead the ocean will finally be united. It is certainly true now, no matter what the outcome of this conflict is; FMMA, Shoal, Conglomerate and Devorandum fighting alongside one another for the first time in several years.

No battles have been faught yet in this war, however many strike teams have been sent into the biomes below, and only a few have returned. It is said that the 4th Division are dead, however there have been sightings, says a general of the UCR, of Infected Crabsquids in those caves. Was the Battle of the Lost River enough to slay the entire Conglomerate? Prime Minister Jamezorg seems to think so.

Who is our President?

This is a widely debated topic, even within the EPCA. The EPCA have been contributing to the war, but not greatly; instead the higher-ups are focusing their energy into politics and strategy more than the battles in the lava zone. However, the roles of President and Vice President have been shuffled to seemingly no end. Two people are guaranteed to sit at these chairs, but the question is, which will sit where?

@Ralij lead the EPCA for the longest; he ran in the Grand Reef Elections and fought in the War of Five Fish, but now he has been slowly stepping back from his seat of power. @the_mariner has lead the EPCA in the Green War, the Election and the Lava War. They have won the election, and now it is up to both of them to decide which will lead the ocean for the next four years...

Tensions in Warper Ranks

The higher-ups in the Warper's ranks have been having some disputes over leadership.

During the Last Presidential Election (when President Peeps, god rest her soul, was elected) @Nautical_Nick lead the Warpers. He lead them to victory in the War of Five Fish and he vanished. @Enderguy059 assumed control.

Now @Nautical_Nick has returned, and tensions are building. They both command the warpers as fiercely as each other, and have somehow created a leadership split between the two. Who will eventually assume dominance over the warpers?

Soo... Who told you tensions were building? I mean, yes. I do have command over a district of Warpers (@Enderguy059 knows) but we have come to an.... Agreement. Things are fine (I still think that he plans to "get rid of me", more on that later).
    Nick.

For the love of god, we get it. You left for a while, your account fritzed, shit happens. NONE of us have any sort of issue with that. However, what we do have an issue with is your paranoid ranting about how @Enderguy059 and the rest of us are conspiring against you. The thread does not revolve around you, and your insistence that it does, along with the various conflicts we've been having, is probably one of the reasons why this thread has been going so slowly.

We aren't going to be taking any action for the time being, but if you continue to insist that the people on this thread are out to get you, we are going to get fed up and kick you out. I'm sure @Enderguy059 would agree.

Please consider this - I don't want to give you the boot, and I don't think @Casual_Player or @Skope want to either. So I beg you, try and act responsibly.

WHAT?! What rants! What crazy posts did you read (or misread) about me thinking that people are out to get me! Your post has just pissed me off. I did think that @Enderguy was gonna give me the boot sooner or later but I was fine with that. Why do you think that I think that the threads revolve around me?
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members

4546B NEWS

Aurora Plans Resolving

Jamezorg Awaits Trial

The Lava War Continues

Who is our President?

Tensions in Warper Ranks

Nick.

WHAT?! What rants! What crazy posts did you read (or misread) about me thinking that people are out to get me! Your post has just pissed me off. I did think that @Enderguy was gonna give me the boot sooner or later but I was fine with that. Why do you think that I think that the threads revolve around me?
    @Nautical_Nick, if you do not cease riling up the people of this thread, you will cease further involvement with this thread.

In other words, silence or get out.
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    edited February 2017
    Why are people saying that I'm causing trouble? Give me 3 good reasons why.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members

Okay, enough of this.

Let's just let bygones be bygones.

It's in the past, Nick and Ender have worked it out, it's all good. So let's stop bringing it up. (that includes you Nick)

So, @ResolutionBlaze, are you finished with your turn? You can move and attack if you want, the deployment phase was just for turn 1 to get everything started.

• ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members

The Confederacy will accept you, friend.

You can be my secondary commander, our strategist.

I'll post my complete turn in a moment.
  • ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members
    edited February 2017
    ACTUAL Devorandum Turn 3

- I place one stalker at E2
    - I move one Reaper from C to OG
    - I attack IG with one Reaper, and use my attacking ability (add 3 to the lowest attacking value)
    edited February 2017
    ACTUAL Devorandum Turn 3

- I attack IG with one Reaper, and use my attacking ability (add 3 to the lowest attacking value)

So, I assume you will also move your Reaper from E2 to C, right? Because if you move your Reaper from C to OG, there will be no army there serving as occupation army. And, from what I remember, your ability is passive, in some way.

Also, I'm rolling the dices now.
    Battle report: Devorandum Confederacy x Lava Empire on IG of Entrance A

Armies:

Devorandum Confederacy: 1 Reaper = 3 armies

Lava Empire: 3 4th Division Crabsquids

Faction Powers:

Devorandum Confederacy: Gets to add 3 to any attacking dice role value (because VIOLENCE!) (oh, and reapers count as 3 armies)

Lava Empire: Ion Suicide (If an area that was controlled by the 4th division is taken over, there is the chance to detonate a Crabsquid in a nearby area, killing one unit of the attacking force. This obviously kills the Crabsquid who explodes. Can only be used once per turn.)

Dice rolls:

URL: https://rolz.org/dr?room=Subnautica

Devorandum Confederacy = 7, 6, 3

Lava Empire = 6, 5, 1

Attack sucessful. Because power "Ion Suicide", DC only brings 2 Stalkers to occupy territory.

Devorandum Confederacy conquers territory IG from Entrance A
    @ResolutionBlaze is on a roll!
    New general of the Conglomerate, and you forget it's your turn...

Not the greatest of starts...

I am just guessing on the current state of the map for this turn, I will change if necessary.

I place a Crabsquid on E2

I move the Crabsquid on E1 to E2

I move both Crabsquids on E2 to C

Since @Jamezorg authorised your move, we go with it. Also, one of the armies your're moving from E2 to C already made a move (E1 to E2). At this time, only one crabsquid will be moved to C.
    edited February 2017
    Reinforcements for @phantomfinch and me:

GSCS: 2 armies

FMMA: 2 PRAWNS
    I'm aware of how annoying it is for people reading through this multiple posts, but I fear they are a necessity: if I keep separated actions on their own posts, chances for someone getting confused are lower. I'm going to do my move on this same posts. See if you guys get what happened, or if I use multiple posts.

FMMA move:

- I place the 2 PRAWN reinforcements at E2.

- Move 1 PRAWN and 1 Cyclops from E2 to C1. Because C1 has now 3 PRAWNS, I exchange them for 1 Cyclops. Now, C1 has 3 Cyclops.

- The original Cyclops on C1 (standing army) will go to C2. The one on C2 goes to C3. The one on C3 goes to C4 - tl;dr I move one territory up 1 Cylops from C1 to C4.

- From C4: 1 PRAWN goes to OG. 1 PRAWN goes to C3.

- I attack IG1 with 1 Cyclops

Battle Report: FMMA x Lava Empire on IG1 of Entrance B

Armies:

FMMA = 1 Cyclops (3 armies)

Lava Empire = 2 Bonesharks

Powers:

FMMA = “It’s Drilling Time!” = re-roll the dice with the smaller value. The new dice will be valid if the new value surpass the adversary's dice value, being otherwise ignored.

Boneshark (Lava Empire): Marrow Drain ( Boneshark attacks have a +2 attack by giving up a -1 defense for 1 turn.)

Dice rolls: https://rolz.org/dr?room=Subnautica

1st attack:

FMMA = 6, 5, 3

Lava Empire = 6, 3

First attack repelled. FMMA loses 1 army. Lava Empire loses 1 boneshark.

2nd attack:

FMMA = 6, 5

Lava Empire = 6

Attack repelled. FMMA loses 1 army.

No more attacks. OG has 2 PRAWNS and IG1 has 1 Boneshark as of now.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    The battle was vicious. Anywhere looking at the field was going to see nothing short of steel soldiers clashing against the Lava Empire troops. The ramming Cyclops, so succesfull during the conquering of the Outer Gate, now lay defeated, broken and torn apart, at the botton of the caves. The warriors of the Steel Crusade fought valiantly, but as for now were no match against the tide of Bonesharks defending the territory. The order of retreat was given, and the survigin troops went back to the Outer Gate, to organize and await further reinforcements, which, according to command, would come in force. The GSCS allies were just close enough for us to mount a combine attack agaist that part of the gate. One really scary thing is, the Bonesharks fought like a well coordinated shoal. Upon close inspection, their eyes were blank, and all of them carried this vacant look on their faces. They didn't scream when they died, they didn't give orders around. Looks like that brainwashing operation carried by the Emperor turns them into this. Good thing that agent sent by @Enderguy059 talked about this.

Strangely, when we were fighting, our scanners got the melody being played by this DJ Ampeel. We don't know if the DJ is alive, or if is a recording on loop, but we will try to rescue the fish. As well as Bonecrusher, if he's still alive.
  • AlchematrixAlchematrix Indiana Join Date: 2017-02-05 Member: 227652Members
    Stuffs going to go down when they (role play characters) notice the infected ampeel
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    I move the 2 biters from c4 and he biter from c3 og

Nothing interesting happening so no role playing.

So, you place your reinforcements, and move everything one territory up?
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members

So, you place your reinforcements, and move everything one territory up?

Yes
    edited February 2017
    Bonecruncher has yet to come, we must get through these damn tunnels and continue the search! Keep attacking! No survivors!
    ACTUAL Devorandum Turn 3

So, I assume you will also move your Reaper from E2 to C, right? Because if you move your Reaper from C to OG, there will be no army there serving as occupation army. And, from what I remember, your ability is passive, in some way.

Also, I'm rolling the dices now.

Yes please.
  • PaterAestusPaterAestus Join Date: 2017-01-03 Member: 225985Members
    Bonecruncher has yet to come, we must get through these damn tunnels and continue the search! Keep attacking! No survivors!

You still wonder where that Reaper is?

Very well, maybe I can be of some assistance.

Ah yes, I can see him now. He's just below me.

Oh look, he's also over there, about 20 meters to my right.

And he's also way down there, I can barely see him.

I guess he's all over the place.

But, what can I say.

I am quite a messy eater.

His flavor was so divine, I guess I didn't pay attention to where some of the pieces landed.
    Aboveworld, remind me to spare a few Reapers when this war is finished.

I need some delicious food to tide me over until I finally annihilate you all.

You still wonder where that Reaper is?

Very well, maybe I can be of some assistance.

Ah yes, I can see him now. He's just below me.

Oh look, he's also over there, about 20 meters to my right.

And he's also way down there, I can barely see him.

I guess he's all over the place.

But, what can I say.

I am quite a messy eater.

His flavor was so divine, I guess I didn't pay attention to where some of the pieces landed.
    Aboveworld, remind me to spare a few Reapers when this war is finished.

I need some delicious food to tide me over until I finally annihilate you all.

I believe none of it. Not until I see it. Monster.

Prepare to die.
    Entrance C reinforcements:

@Skope - 2 armies

@Enderguy059 - 1 army

@the_mariner - 2 armies
    Alright, my turn.

I place 2 Crabsnakes at E2

I move the Crabsnake on OG to IG1.

I move the Crabsnake on IG1 to IG2.

I attack the Sea Dragon on EC.
    Alright, my turn.

I place 2 Crabsnakes at E2

I move the Crabsnake on OG to IG1.

I move the Crabsnake on IG1 to IG2.

I attack the Sea Dragon on EC.

So, you place the reinforcements on E2, and then move everything one territory up? Also, with how many armies you will attack?
    Yes, that's correct.

I attack with all three.
    Yes, that's correct.

I attack with all three.

Hm. Looks like you can attack with only two. The third one is the one who moved from the IG2. Do you still wish to proceed with the attack?
    Yes, that's correct.

I attack with all three.

Hm. Looks like you can attack with only two. The third one is the one who moved from the IG2. Do you still wish to proceed with the attack?

Right, then I'll hold off on the attack.

I forgot that units who moved can't attack.