Alterra .Inc

SushiDiver500SushiDiver500 Join Date: 2016-05-28 Member: 217686Members
Alterra! Promising a better future to all of mankind! Nothing (except for Degasi, and Aroura, and Sunbeam, etc.) has ever gone wrong! We are perfect (at killing you) at keeping you alive if something goes wrong in our (Broken-ass tin can) lifepods! When war starts, contact the Alterra Corperation (that secretly is seeing how you react alone on a water planet) !

Do not worry! Alterra's got ya covered!! ;D

Comments

• SushiDiver500SushiDiver500 Join Date: 2016-05-28 Member: 217686Members
    (Also if you manage to survive in a (Broken-ass tin can) lifepod you gotta pay a minor bill (an x amount of money) for all the stuff you take to survive this vacation of yours to cover our lost property.
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    My headcanon is that the Diver makes a mint setting up exotic cuisine diners all over the galaxy, gets bought out by Alterra and put into the board of directors.
    Note: Alterra does not cover any health issues that might occur under our operations.
    (Then we would have been broke long ago)
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
  • Carl_BarCarl_Bar Join Date: 2017-02-03 Member: 227560Members
    Heh, from the decoded bits of info about his reaction the CEO actually sounds like a pretty cool guy. I like to imagine in my headcanon that he's Craig McGill, the guy the PDA keeps mentioning to motivate you.
  • awesomeguy101awesomeguy101 Join Date: 2016-06-21 Member: 218886Members
    Alterra! Promising a better future to all of mankind! Nothing (except for Degasi, and Aroura, and Sunbeam, etc.) has ever gone wrong! We are perfect (at killing you) at keeping you alive if something goes wrong in our (Broken-ass tin can) lifepods! When war starts, contact the Alterra Corperation (that secretly is seeing how you react alone on a water planet) !

Do not worry! Alterra's got ya covered!! ;D

Sounds like weyland yutani...more horrible accidents. I definitely think that losing a lot of ships in nothing compared to having aliens take over your facility. But still..
    1. Both make stupid mistakes.
    2. Both probably run by an idiot.
    3. Both exploring, colonizing, and then screwing it all up.
  • Carl_BarCarl_Bar Join Date: 2017-02-03 Member: 227560Members
    It's worth pointing out that only the Aurora is owned by them. The Degasi was a Mongolian ship and the Sunbeam i don't remember what they are but they make derisive comments about Alterran's
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    edited February 2017
    This IRL company could most definitely benefit with this ad.

2pwgjxs4irgo.jpg

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    "Would you like a coffee?"

"Coffee completed!"

If you use Photoshop or Paint.NET or something you should be able to rotate and shrink (a little) that Subnautica coffee maker and replace the coffee maker on the left in the ad with it. I might try it when I get off work if no one else does.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

"Coffee completed!"

If you use Photoshop or Paint.NET or something you should be able to rotate and shrink (a little) that Subnautica coffee maker and replace the coffee maker on the left in the ad with it. I might try it when I get off work if no one else does.

I edited it.

Got to say, it does look better.
    edited February 2017
    Skope wrote: »
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

"Coffee completed!"

I edited it.

Got to say, it does look better.

@Skope Small (-ish) request: Can you do it again, except this time, load the .jpg, edit it, and save the final version as .png ? As if you save as .jpg, it will cause artifacts in the text making it look a whole lot less crisp than with a .png (lossy jpg vs lossless png)

If you have the Photoshop project file still you might be able to skip re-doing it, and just save as / export to .png from there.
    @Skope Also, with a little fooling around with layers and transparency, you should be able to make new layers out of the logos on the bottom left and right, make the white background of those sections transparent, and move those layers to the top. If you want. xD
    I would, but my Photoshop skills are still being honed.

I would have to learn how to play with transparency and the like.

Also, on the .png, I don't thing that the site allows .png's to show up like .jpg's do.

I will work at it though, thanks for the tips.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Don't forget alterra are the main company in the Natural Selection 2 universe as well.
    Skope wrote: »
    I would, but my Photoshop skills are still being honed.

I would have to learn how to play with transparency and the like.

Also, on the .png, I don't thing that the site allows .png's to show up like .jpg's do.

I will work at it though, thanks for the tips.

Heh, I don't have any skills per se, I just know the how (sort of) of how it works. In other words, it would take me forever to break my way through the brick wall with my head, but I know how it's supposed to work. At least in Photoshop. That program seems way to complex unless you use it all the time. Maybe if I used Paint.NET though... might check it out if you don't do it and try.
    If you look closely, you can see the Alterra logo on the bortom of the Sunbeam.
    Carl_Bar wrote: »
    It's worth pointing out that only the Aurora is owned by them. The Degasi was a Mongolian ship and the Sunbeam i don't remember what they are but they make derisive comments about Alterran's
  • Crewman87Crewman87 Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224967Members
    Something I threw together for a bug post about the flying Cyclops.

Untitled_1.jpg
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    hah, that made me smile :smiley:
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2017
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    Ain't it amazing how the Original Star Trek managed to cover a multitude of genres in only 79 episodes.
    B)
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2017
    Yep and the sheer amount of detail they put into their ship design on how they "work", alongside how they are upgraded (refit) or improved upon from previous generations of ships, that stuff is also pretty amazing as well :D