Serpent Leviathan Caverns

Dark_ZeridotDark_Zeridot Join Date: 2017-02-06 Member: 227672Members
edited February 2017 in Ideas and Suggestions
There is an idea that I have thought of, which I think kind of interesting. The "Serpent Leviathan Caverns." It is a biome made almost entirely of tight tunnels, a Cyclops cannot fit through, while a Seamoth and PRAWN can. It's kind of like a maze, with many twists and turns. Eventually there is a wide open space where a bunch of tunnels come to. In this space, there is an abandoned base. The base is moderately large, (but not too large) and it has a PDA in it. These PDAs are basically a journal on a past survivor. I will provide all of his/her entries later on. The base also has a "Base Cannon" on it, which is another idea I had that you can find a link to at the end of this. After exploring the base, there is still more PDAs to be found. Throughout the tunnels, there are a few more, which show how the surviver died. When you are exploring the tunnels, you are always in danger of the "Serpent Leviathan," which is a new monster exclusive to this biome. I couldn't really find a picture I was looking for, but here is the closest I got:
0616a_seacreature-585x306.jpg
This monster will go through the tunnels, and it is apparent that he was the one who made them. Eventually, you will probably run into him. He is completely blind, and cannot sense in any way where you are, but he can tell where the paths are and will sweep through the tunnels to try and find food, which in this case, is you. He cannot be killed, but he can be scanned.
Threat level: Max
Description: This gargantuan creature appears to have lost all senses except for touch. It seems to be a creature that has been here for thousands of years, surviving off of the unfortunate fish that might wander into its path. Origin unknown.
Assessment: Avoid
This basically sums up the basic description. Here are the PDA's:
(insert ship here) Survivor, Days 42-45
42: Today I decided to start a new base, preferably in the caverns I found earlier. I have a lot of titanium to use, hopefully the area is safe.
43: The caves are definitely habitable. By doing some exploration I found a nice open area to start building.
44: Foundations have been laid, as-well as a few starting rooms and a bio-reactor for power.
45: The base has been successfully built! I will continue to add on later, but for now I have a few multipurpose rooms, as-well as some reinforcements. I should be able to survive for a month with my current supply of food.

(insert ship here) Survivor, Days 50-53
50: Running out of marblemelons faster than I thought. I will have to go exploring for more food pretty soon. There aren't many fish here though.
51: Marblemelons gone, surviving entirely on the occasional fish that comes by.
52: I have built an Alien Containment Tank, hopefully the fish will reproduce quickly enough for me to keep living.
53: Project successful. I will be able to survive for much longer, but I still hope help comes soon.

(insert ship here) Survivor, Days 56-60
56: With all that I've built, I think I could survive long enough for help to come.
57: I'm currently out exploring, I don't know where these tunnels lead, but I've found a nice supply of titanium, copper, diamond, gold, and silver.
58: I've been trapped in this tunnel surviving off of the oxygen in my PRAWN. I think I will suffocate pretty soon.
59: There is some kind of monster here, I can hear it roaming around.
60: 3% oxygen left. Base nowhere to be seen. Monster nearby. I'm going to die here, 400 ft below the surface.

Base Cannon thread: https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/147981/warper-cannon-base-cannon#latest

Comments

• thecreativeplayerthecreativeplayer Join Date: 2017-02-07 Member: 227700Members
  • thecreativeplayerthecreativeplayer Join Date: 2017-02-07 Member: 227700Members
    edited February 2017
    Several suggestions, one main idea:
    you can lure the creature out the tunnels by punching the walls in your PRAWN suit. it will crash into the wall straight ahead with amazing speed, breaking the wall.
    Once lured, it will suddenly become infected and die.
    How is it not, you ask? simple. The caverns are completely closed off. the only entrance is via a precursor teleporter (in a cache) that teleports you to an island that has a surface just above sea level. Then, you can drop into the caverns and continue exploring. once it is dead, you see that it has an unpowered PRAWN suit inside of it (with 1% health). It has nothing in its storage, but it has a new net arm that was previously unobtainable.
    The net arm shoots a retractable net on click, and brings back any creatures that are food (if they have been caught) the fish will then go straight into storage.
    What do you think?
  • Dark_ZeridotDark_Zeridot Join Date: 2017-02-06 Member: 227672Members
    One suggestion.
    you can lure the creature out the tunnels by punching the walls in your PRAWN suit. it will crash into the wall straight ahead with amazing speed, breaking the wall.
    Once lured, it will suddenly become infected and die.
    How is it not, you ask? simple. The caverns are completely closed off. the only entrance is via a precursor teleporter (in a cache) that teleports you to an island that has a surface just above sea level. Then, you can drop into the caverns and continue exploring. once it is dead, you see that it has an unpowered PRAWN suit inside of it (with 1% health). It has nothing in its storage, but it has a new net arm that was previously unobtainable.
    The net arm shoots a retractable net on click, and brings back any creatures that are food (if they have been caught) the fish will then go straight into storage.
    What do you think?

Love the idea of having an almost destroyed PRAWN suit from the survivor that has a new arm! I don't really know about killing the Serpent Leviathan and finding it inside, but hey, that might work too!
  • fallennight1986fallennight1986 texas Join Date: 2016-12-21 Member: 225320Members
    i agree love the net idea and the biome and new monster and survivor idea but such an easy death to it nah just 1 thought though not a new survivor change the back story a bit and make the lost in the tunnel guy be paul maybe he survived the crabsquid attack and stumbled into the tunnels several hundred meters away from the degassie base maybe he found titanium in it and happened to have had or found a builder as he swam away from the base and he built a new base in the tunnels with scanner room where he spent time trying to find his son bart or any sign of bart but when the scanner room finaly got a hit and he tried to leave the tunnels in his prawn he got lost couldnt find a way out or back to his base his prawns energy died so he made a pda then left the prawn and swam a short way but left the pda recording and it suddenly from a distence picks up a roar from the new creature as paul yells out.
  • Dark_ZeridotDark_Zeridot Join Date: 2017-02-06 Member: 227672Members
    i agree love the net idea and the biome and new monster and survivor idea but such an easy death to it nah just 1 thought though not a new survivor change the back story a bit and make the lost in the tunnel guy be paul maybe he survived the crabsquid attack and stumbled into the tunnels several hundred meters away from the degassie base maybe he found titanium in it and happened to have had or found a builder as he swam away from the base and he built a new base in the tunnels with scanner room where he spent time trying to find his son bart or any sign of bart but when the scanner room finaly got a hit and he tried to leave the tunnels in his prawn he got lost couldnt find a way out or back to his base his prawns energy died so he made a pda then left the prawn and swam a short way but left the pda recording and it suddenly from a distence picks up a roar from the new creature as paul yells out.

Creative!
  • fallennight1986fallennight1986 texas Join Date: 2016-12-21 Member: 225320Members