Rock puncher...why not.

wowwinkwowwink Merica Join Date: 2016-12-05 Member: 224596Members
A idea I had is a the rock puncher just stays neer big outcrops and hits them to break them and eat the ore. The glow crawdads can be there to. Isn't that the concept art anyway? And the little glow crawdads com out of the outcrops!

So...
b24795b6dbb9fe2ef8296a04f14e0127.jpg

d8r0wcanq74c.jpg

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2017
    I heard the rocks have a Union now
  • wowwinkwowwink Merica Join Date: 2016-12-05 Member: 224596Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    I heard the rocks have a Union now

We will punch that union down!
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
  • awesomeguy101awesomeguy101 Join Date: 2016-06-21 Member: 218886Members
    #SaveTheRockpuncher-.- was popular a while back. The devs have set out to remove terraforming altogether! RIP Rockpuncher. You will be remembered :(
    #SaveTheRockpuncher-.- was popular a while back. The devs have set out to remove terraforming altogether! RIP Rockpuncher. You will be remembered :(

No he will live on!!!
  • Crewman87Crewman87 Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224967Members
    edited February 2017
    He is on the chopping block according to the road map. Not feasible due to terraforming removal.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Crewman87 wrote: »
    He is on the chopping block according to the road map. Not feasible due to terraforming removal.

It'd be nice if they could make certain little terraforming mountains (not the whole terrain, just a hill of terraformable dirt here and there).
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    It'd be nice if they could make certain little terraforming mountains (not the whole terrain, just a hill of terraformable dirt here and there).

I think he could still be implemented with careful AI. I see no reason why some objects in the environment can't be destructible like other aspects already in the game.
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

I think he could still be implemented with careful AI. I see no reason why some objects in the environment can't be destructible like other aspects already in the game.

There's an entire thread (credit to @Nautical_Nick for creation) dedicated to how to impliment the Rock Puncher entirely separately from terraforming. It's worth a look.
    Honestly, since the last I came here, I imagined a scenario of PRAWN vs RockPuncher and wondered who would win the most epic fist fight of the century.
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members

Don't need no terraforming to be a good punching monster. That can still be his thing - punching you and your sub at machspeeds while he lumbers across the ocean floor. Go look up Brachydios, a monster very much well known for punching things into submission. Rock Puncher doesn't need to deform the terrain, he just needs to have some way of interacting with you and his environment. He interacts with you by punching your lights out, he interacts with the envrionemnt by punching Sandsharks and eating glow worms.

No terraforming required~
    I agree, as mentioned in my second post above.
  • MrEmeraldPvPMrEmeraldPvP Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227728Members
    ssyxrbssxfup.jpeg

Rock puncher image
  • MrEmeraldPvPMrEmeraldPvP Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227728Members
    Where would it be thoughqchdyc6csohg.jpeg
    Dudes... your mistaking me. It hits-mines the outcrops
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    edited February 2017
    wowwink wrote: »
    Dudes... your mistaking me. It hits-mines the outcrops

Yeah..... Like @subnauticambrian said I have made 2 (3) threads specifically about rockpunchers and how to implement em. I added that idea in my very first and got a lot of feedback and suggestions. Not to be a downer or to be negative in any way but this is just another copy-paste thread about rockpunchers (not saying I was first, but I did bring a lot to the rocky table).
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    edited February 2017

I always thought it could fit in the Dunes, then it beelines to the Grassy Plateaus to beat up some rocks.

It's "roaming" AI wouldn't activate until it reaches a certain point on the map.

When it is traveling in between Dunes and Grassy Plateaus, it wouldn't react to anything unless it is being attacked.

While in the Dunes (at night possibly?) it would sink into the sand and sleep, with just it's back exposed.

The Rock Puncher could even have something like the Reefback, where it has a bunch of things coming out of its back. But instead of plants, it has an assortment of Sandstone and Shale outcrops. You would need to upscale the Rock Puncher a little bit, but they had no qualms with the Reefback, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

Heck, there could just be a new outcrop on its back that gives 100% silver. Just kill two birds with one stone.
    Skope wrote: »

I always thought it could fit in the Dunes, then it beelines to the Grassy Plateaus to beat up some rocks.

It's "roaming" AI wouldn't activate until it reaches a certain point on the map.

When it is traveling in between Dunes and Grassy Plateaus, it wouldn't react to anything unless it is being attacked.

While in the Dunes (at night possibly?) it would sink into the sand and sleep, with just it's back exposed.

The Rock Puncher could even have something like the Reefback, where it has a bunch of things coming out of its back. But instead of plants, it has an assortment of Sandstone and Shale outcrops. You would need to upscale the Rock Puncher a little bit, but they had no qualms with the Reefback, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

Heck, there could just be a new outcrop on its back that gives 100% silver. Just kill two birds with one stone.

Devs here our prayers and answer us... will you implement the rock puncher or not?