The Lava War Thread

Comments

• Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    @Nautical_Nick - I never made that quote!! How on earth did you get that confused??

Sorry, names got mixed up in editing!
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    edited February 2017
    @Nautical_Nick - I never made that quote!! How on earth did you get that confused??

How.
    All you had to do was press the quote button on my post. How did you replace his name with mine.

Anyway let's get back to the war @PaterAestus it's your turn to move or make new units or whatever.
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    edited February 2017

How.
    All you had to do was press the quote button on my post. How did you replace his name with mine.

Anyway let's get back to the war @PaterAestus it's your turn to move or make new units or whatever.

Simple, I quoted 2 people. During editing 1 got caught up with another. Now back to the war! Also, The Warpers haven't had their turn yet ;)
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    [q

How.

Not yet. @Enderguy059 and @the_mariner need to make their move, And so, I ask again for both of them to call me if they are having difficulties with the map.
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    edited February 2017
    Right. In that case, I place down 1 Agent to E2, move all but one agents on E1 to E2, and I repeat previous order for E2 to C1.

/Operation Log-4\ Music... For some reason I could hear music further along the corridor. I had only been traveling a few metres before the sound of soft, electronic noise slowly began filling the waters. As I swam closer to the origin point of the song, I recorded and analyzed the music patterns and instrumentals of the piece.

The genre of the piece was evidently electronic. What was interesting was that the music was very reminiscent of the "Tesla" subgenre, which was pioneered by DJ Ampeel. It's tempo and melody were somewhat of a combination of a Marching Procession, a Tribal War dance and a rave party. Dissecting the various electronic "instruments" of the track, I picked out 2 soft, but notable noises.

Increasing the volume of the two sounds yielded credible results. The first sound byte was.of a booming, commanding voice, bellowing messages of encouragement, bravery, sacrifice and flame. No doubt that this was the voice of Pater Aestus, who must be having trouble with troop control and morale if he had to resort to subliminal messaging to rally his troops.

The second sound was a lot more alarming in nature. It was set at a volume that would've been impossible to hear unless the listner had access to hypersensitive audio detection technology, and I could see why that was the case.

It was a distress call.

From DJ Ampeel.
  • the_marinerthe_mariner US of A Join Date: 2016-12-29 Member: 225653Members
    edited February 2017
    Here's my move:

- Deploy one reinforcement reefback to E2
    - Move 2 reefbacks from E2 to C1
    - Move 2 reefbacks from C1 to C2
    - Move 2 reefbacks from C2 to C3
    - Move 2 reefbacks from C3 to OG

FIELD REPORT PHLX/89P/019 – PHALANX UNIT:
    Field Report, Captain Rychus. Commander @the_mariner has ordered us to move to the outer gate of Entrance C to support the newly-defected Crabsnake legions.

Strictly off the record, I do not trust them. At any moment, they could turn on us, wiping out our forces in an instant. However, EPCA command has given us this order, so I suppose I'll have to comply.

We've also been given orders to aid in the retrieval of DJ Ampeel and the possible retrieval of General Bonecruncher if possible. Retrieving Ampeel would certainly be a devastating blow to the enemy, but returning Bonecruncher to the Confederacy, dead or alive, would provide Reaper and Stalker troops with a massive boost in morale.

I'll make sure that this report is sent with the next Peeper messenger unit. Rychus out.

Apologies for being so late - I was having some difficulty understanding the rules, plus real life kind of got in the way. Thank you @Casual_Player for helping me out, and thanks to everyone for waiting for me.
    edited February 2017
    We've also been given orders to aid in the retrieval of DJ Ampeel and the possible retrieval of General Bonecruncher if possible. Retrieving Ampeel would certainly be a devastating blow to the enemy, but returning Bonecruncher to the Confederacy, dead or alive, would provide Reaper and Stalker troops with a massive boost in morale.

I'll make sure that this report is sent with the next Peeper messenger unit. Rychus out.

Excellent. I will pass on the message to 312-117.
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    Finaly. Now we go into battle phase, wait that's yu gi oh.

Eh oh well il just wait until it's my turn.
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    Here's my move.

- Deploy one reinforcement reefback to EC
    - Move one reefback from E2 to C1
    - Move one reefback from C1 to C2
    - Move one reefback from C2 to C3
    - Move one reefback from C3 to OG

Field Report, Captain Rychus. Commander @the_mariner has ordered us to move to the entrance of the main chamber to support the newly-defected Crabsnake legions.

Strictly off the record, I do not trust them. At any moment, they could turn on us, wiping out our forces in an instant. However, EPCA command has given us this order, so I suppose I'll have to comply.

Apologies for being so late - I was having some difficulty understanding the rules, plus real life kind of got in the way. Thank you @Casual_Player for helping me out, and thanks to everyone for waiting for me.

Godamnit, that was some good story. Unfortunately...

@the_mariner, @Skope can deploy forces at will because he ocuppied the "Entrance to the Chamber". You, however, don't. Sorry if I said something misleading to you. The annotation for the "Entrance to the Chamber":

"When a faction(s) conquers the "Entrance to the Chamber" territory, from this point on, said faction(s) may add their armies gained at the start of the turn on any territory they already ocuppied. Normal Risk rules apply here."

Because of that, your deployment of the reinforcement at the EC territory is cancelled :(

Suggestion:
    Deploy at E2, then move 2 reefbacks to C1. The rest of the moves are ok

If for some reason you can't edit your post and is too busy to do it, ask @Ralij if he can post something for you.
    edited February 2017
    @PaterAestus, your time has come, muahahahaha!

Reinforcements:

- 1 4th legion crabsquid

- 1 Lava larva

- 3 Spine Eel

- 2 Lava Lizard

Territories the Lava Empire Lost:

Entrance A: OG
    This is where we are rolling the dices:

https://rolz.org/dr?room=Subnautica

@ResolutionBlaze, I took the liberty of calculating this attack. Because of Risk rules, the maximn of armies that can constitute a single attack are 3, then 1 Reaper can do this by itself. Dice rolls are:

Devorandum Confederacy: 6, 5 and 2

Lava Empire: 1

The Entrance A has the 4th Division Crabsquids. They have the "Ion Suicide" power, this being:
    "If an area that was controlled by the 4th division is taken over, there is the chance to detonate a Crabsquid in a nearby area, killing one unit of the attacking force. This obviously kills the Crabsquid who explodes. Can only be used once per turn."

So, @ResolutionBlaze occupies the OG territory of the Entrance A with 2 Stalkers (1 Reaper = 3 Stalkers, if I remember correctely from the other thread). If you follow the suggestion, you can have an additional of 2 Stalkers at OG, because of that second attack you tried to make.

Conglatulations, @ResolutionBlaze, for having the first victory of the war!

Entrance B: OG
    [/quote]
    Alright, my time.

- the 2 Prawn reinforcements One will be deployed at E1, and the other, at E2.

- From the territory E1: It now has 1 PRAWN and 1 Cyclops. I move this Cyclops to E2

-For E2: It has 3 PRAWNS and 2 Cyclops. I move 2 PRAWNS and 2 Cyclops to C1

- C1: Has now 2 PRAWNS and 3 Cyclops. I move 1 Cyclops (the original standing army) to C2.

- C2: Has now 2 Cyclops. I move 1 to C3.

- C3: Has now 2 Cyclops. I move 1 to C4.

- C4: Has now 2 Cyclops. I exchange one to 3 PRAWNS, and I use the other to attack the OG territory of the Entrance B.

Rolling dices: https://rolz.org/dr?room=Subnautica

FMMA: 6, 5 and 5

Lava Empire: 5

FMMA conquers the OG territory of the Entrance B. OG has now 1 Cyclops.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Storytime
    "All units, forward! Bring that gate down!" HAL ordered to his army. The bonesharks there were throwing everything they had at the steel bodies of the FMMA. During the fight, one Cyclops, this being modified to be something like a big and mettalic battering ram, sounded his horn and gradually increased his speed, going straight to the gate.

"RAMMING SPEED!!!", and the Cyclops, sounding it's horn one more time, crashed and destroyed the gate, this being insufficient to even dent the mighty vehicle, which continued it's way inside the fortification, going and trampling everything in it's patch

With a deafening scream, FMMA warriors flooded the now hole at the fallen gate, blades already flying to the bodies of the shaken bonesharks. The victory came, total and complete, as the armies of the FMMA now inside the fortification: their first victory on this war.

Entrance C: OG, IG1, IG2 and EC
    Skope wrote: »
    I place a Crabsnake at E2

Then I mo---

*Incoming Transmission*

This is the General of the Underworld Crabsnakes.

I sincerely hope that we didn't scare Aboveworld too much.

But it's time to uncover this ruse.

I, Drago of the UCR, officially break the alliance between the Crabsnakes and Pater.

I apologize for all those we deceived, but we had to be believed by all to get an upper hand in the war.

But the UCR is now whole once more.

And we will fight Pater until his tentacles move no more, and his head dips in lifeless shame.

Then we shall stop attacking.

The Crabsnakes will conglomerate at EC

We will see you soon.

And we will make sure Pater pays.

*End transmission*

--ve the Crabsnakes to C1

The Map

The war map:
    qqre2jg9vban.jpg
  • PaterAestusPaterAestus Join Date: 2017-01-03 Member: 225985Members
    Your small victories mean nothing, Aboveworld.

Your destruction is still imminent. You only buy yourselves a few seconds of breath!

REINFORCEMENTS

I place 1 Crabsquid at IG

2 Lava Lizards at C3 (which make a Sea Dragon)

1 Spine Eel at O9, 2 Spine Eels at O8

1 Lava Larva at O1

MOVEMENTS

I move two Lava Larva from O1 to EC in Entrance B, then to IG2, then to IG1

I move two Spine eels from both O8 and O9 to EC in Entrance A.

I move the Crabsquid on EC to IG.

ATTACKS

I attack OG in Entrance A from IG.

I attack OG in Entrance B from IG1.

I attack EC in Entrance C from C3.

Your destruction is still imminent. You only buy yourselves a few seconds of breath!

REINFORCEMENTS

1 Lava Larva at O1

MOVEMENTS

ATTACKS

Ok. There are some points. This is the same map with annotations from OP (you can also check it there)

nZQpSqy.jpg

The rules for the gates. Please note, when they were designed, they took on consideration the Lava Empire would make a defensive war. While the aboveworld forces can execute attacks here by normal Risk rules, because they are pushing into the Empire's territory, the Empire is still bound by these custom rules (they are retreating to a more advantage position). I also remind that these rules were made quite a time ago, and there were no objections to them.
    - Inner gates can also have a maximun of 4 armies, but can't execute attacks on adjacent territories.

So, you attacks on the OGs of Entrances A and B are cancelled.

Also, according to the Risk rulebook, the objective of an attack is to occupy a territory by defeating all the opposing armies already on it. If you attack with a Sea Dragon from the C3, there will be no one as standing army for C3, because everyone will be charging at the EC territory against the crabsnakes.

Thus, the attack on EC in Entrance C from the C3 is also cancelled.

• JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    Here's my move:

- Deploy one reinforcement reefback to C3
    - Move 1 reefback from E2 to C1
    - Move 1 reefback from C1 to C2
    - Move 1 reefback from C2 to C3

Field Report, Captain Rychus. Commander @the_mariner has ordered us to move to the entrance of the main chamber to support the newly-defected Crabsnake legions.

Saving DJ Ampeel
    Jamezorg wrote: »
    Here's my move:

Saving DJ Ampeel

Someone quickly make a poster with DJ, 312-117 and Bonecruncher.
  • PaterAestusPaterAestus Join Date: 2017-01-03 Member: 225985Members
    edited February 2017

REINFORCEMENTS

1 Lava Larva at O1

MOVEMENTS

ATTACKS

Ok. There are some points. This is the same map with annotations from OP (you can also check it there)

nZQpSqy.jpg

The rules for the gates. Please note, when they were designed, they took on consideration the Lava Empire would make a defensive war. While the aboveworld forces can execute attacks here by normal Risk rules, because they are pushing into the Empire's territory, the Empire is still bound by these custom rules (they are retreating to a more advantage position). I also remind that these rules were made quite a time ago, and there were no objections to them.
    - Inner gates can also have a maximun of 4 armies, but can't execute attacks on adjacent territories.

So, you attacks on the OGs of Entrances A and B are cancelled.

Also, according to the Risk rulebook, the objective of an attack is to occupy a territory by defeating all the opposing armies already on it. If you attack with a Sea Dragon from the C3, there will be no one as standing army for C3, because everyone will be charging at the EC territory against the crabsnakes.

Thus, the attack on EC in Entrance C from the C3 is also cancelled.

Very well.

I think that those rules are stupid, but if I plan on winning, I must follow. (For reasons that no one here can comprehend, myself included.)

Then I alter my move to this.

I move one Spine eel from O3 to C3.

The third attack still stands.
  • the_marinerthe_mariner US of A Join Date: 2016-12-29 Member: 225653Members
    edited February 2017
    EMERGENCY MESSAGE RECIEVED:
    FIELD REPORT PRUB/4ND/022: PEEPER RECONNAISSANCE UNIT BRAVO

This is Captain Finis of reconnaissance unit Bravo. We've been deployed to the entrance of the main chamber to assist the Crabsnake troops there with scouting the terrain in preparation for a full-scale assault. Thankfully, it's been pretty quiet so far. No enemy contact thus far, and hopefully, it'll stay that wa-

What was that? That movement there, 50 meters northwest -

A Spine Eel! Don't worry, men, it seems like it's alone. We'll have to take it out quickly and quietly - don't want it giving away our position.

On my mark, three, two-

Where? What do you mean, unknown contact?!

Where...by the tides! It's a whole swarm of Spine Eels! They must have found our position!

Everyone, fall back to the entrance, now!

ALL TROOPS! WE ARE UNDER ATTACK! REPEAT, WE ARE UNDER ATTACK! CODE RED! EVERYONE, GET TO YOUR STATIONS! CLOSE THE GATE!

It's not closing! THE GATE IS JAMMED! GET IT CLOSED! REPEAT, GET IT -

THEY'RE EVERYWHERE! WE'RE TAKING CASUALTIES! ALL TROOPS, FALL BA-

*message ends*
  • AlchematrixAlchematrix Indiana Join Date: 2017-02-05 Member: 227652Members
    If I read the posts correctly, the attack he made was with a sea dragon.
    I'm new btw. How do I change my profile pic?
    edited February 2017
    Entrance to the Chamber battle

Lava Empire attacking from C3 with a Sea Dragon (4 armies). UCR defending with a Crabsnake (1 armie).

Faction powers active: UCR = have a 1/10 summon the ancient god Snekzilla. If this happens, then they automatically win the engagement.

Selected number for Snakezilla on this attack= 6

Dice rolls:

Lava Empire = 4, 3, 3 - the max of 3 armies can attack per time.

UCR = 1 - Snakezilla rolls 3 - summoning failed.

Lava Empire conquers the Entrance to the Chamber territory of the Entrance C.
    Also, may I remind you @PaterAestus, that these "stupid rules" were made and agreed by everyone during the development of the campaing (thus everyone here but you comprehend their existance). If you still think it's stupid or injust, I recommend you going somewhere else, where their rules are more to your exclusive liking

And with that, Turn 2 comes to a close.

Turn 3 starts tomorrow, and I will have an updated map ready. @subnauticambrian didn't gave another signal of life, so I guess he is still busy.
    edited February 2017
    Here's my move:

Saving DJ Ampeel

I got you.

nykx1674qv1a.jpg

Wow, that is amazing!
    Here's my move:

Saving DJ Ampeel

I got you.

nykx1674qv1a.jpg

Thank you!! That looks amazing!
    Common there must be a lava larva in this thread cause the energy is just gone.

How about we do some role play (think innocent thoughts) while we wait for the updated map.
    edited February 2017
    edited February 2017
    I'm not very good at roleplaying, the energy might be gone because of how early it is
    If I was to roleplay, I would probably be a reaper

NOT YOU DUMMY.
    I'm talking about the other generals.
    There I deleted the comments and replaced them with periods.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    I'm not very good at roleplaying, the energy might be gone because of how early it is
    If I was to roleplay, I would probably be a reaper

NOT YOU DUMMY.
    I'm talking about the other generals.

Woah, calm down buddy.

I do have to agree with you though.

@Alchematrix, you came in just a little too late.

Unless you want to take control of the Ampeels or Bonesharks. I'm sure you and Pater could work something out.
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    Generals.

It is with great regret and sorrow that I must depart in this time of warfare. The Conglomerate has friends over-void from the times when we were NVP-ruled states. These are, as you can guess, very powerful allies; leviathans that none from our parts could comprehend. Leviathans of pure blue glass, they say, and towering goliaths that burst from miles of sand-beds like worms from soil. Through democracy I intend to better our cause and allow these behemoths into our ranks.

As the newfound Conglomerate we never thought our old NVP roots would aid us, but it would appear we were quite wrong about that.

I hope I return with glad tidings. In my absence, Supreme Leader @Skope will take care of my armies, and hopefully win us the first quarters of this war before I and the over-void alliances swoop in.

Don't screw up, generals. Counting on you ;)