Tired of 0x6A7232's sig burning your eyes? Well, fix it up here!

0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
Eyes burning? Tears welling up?

If you think you could do a better job with that whale of a signature I've got, now's your chance! Copy and paste my signature into a reply on this thread, and format it how you think it should look. Feel free build off of other suggestions and discuss.

Rules:
1) I do want to keep all of the information that's there available. I'm not truncating it. Sorry.
2) I reserve the right to be unimpressed (or even impressed) with all of the suggestions and decide to just leave it the way it is. :P No offense, we're all good, cool? Cool. :)
3) The primary focus of my signature is just to have a bunch of information that people might find useful (for the most part). Hence any design should focus on drawing people's attention to it (but in a subdued way, not aggressively, no neon flashing gifs, lol). What's the most useful parts of the signature to people that might be on these forums? Draw the focus there.
4) Be nice. If someone has a suggestion you feel is inadequate, keep your comments constructive, not destructive (in other words, "I think that's a terrible idea, because x, y, z" or "I'd change x and y to w and z" NOT "You suck! Have you ever learn to Engrish?!"
5) If you think it's fine just the way it is, feel free to say so.
6) I might just steal ideas from everyone (and probably make it 3x worse than it is in the process. xD).

Here's the signature (on Pastebin, sorry, this forum sometimes parses tags inside of [ code ] [ /code ] blocks IIRC):

http://pastebin.com/uECf75nR

Comments

• phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
  • starkaosstarkaos Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215139Members
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2017
    Put some rims and spoilers on that thing mang
    Would negate the visibility of your sig though...
    QBU3pKh.gif
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited February 2017
    Perhaps it's the yellow color that is the problem?

Maybe Lime Green or Peru would work better on the dark blue background?

It might even make it easier to read if you made it so every other line was a different color...

ABCDEFG
    HIJGKLM
    NOPQRST
    UVWXYZ
    B)
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    Hi

I like DaveyNY's idea. You do have a vary helpful signature block, but it is hard on the eyes. It could do with a change to make it easier on the eyes.
  • Crewman87Crewman87 Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224967Members
    Dave is correct, a better complimentary color selection would help a lot. You already have emphasis with the text styling so that doesn't need fixing. There is my two cents.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Am I the only one who likes the yellow of his sig?
    Yes?
    Alright then...
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    Now we can all wait while @0x6A7232 continually adds to his epic Elder Scroll...

Sorry I couldn't help myself I had to say it...
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited February 2017
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Eyes burning? Tears welling up?

If you think you could do a better job with that whale of a signature I've got, now's your chance! Copy and paste my signature into a reply on this thread, and format it how you think it should look. Feel free build off of other suggestions and discuss.

Rules:
    1) I do want to keep all of the information that's there available. I'm not truncating it. Sorry.
    2) I reserve the right to be unimpressed (or even impressed) with all of the suggestions and decide to just leave it the way it is. :P No offense, we're all good, cool? Cool. :)
    3) The primary focus of my signature is just to have a bunch of useful information that people might find useful (for the most part). Hence any design should focus on drawing people's attention to it (but in a subdued way, not aggressively, no neon flashing gifs, lol). What's the most useful parts of the signature to people that might be on these forums? Draw the focus there.
    4) Be nice. If someone has a suggestion you feel is inadequate, keep your comments constructive, not destructive (in other words, "I think that's a terrible idea, because x, y, z" or "I'd change x and y to w and z" NOT "You suck! Have you ever learn to Engrish?!"
    5) If you think it's fine just the way it is, feel free to say so.
    6) I might just steal ideas from everyone (and probably make it 3x worse than it is in the process. xD).

Here's the signature (on Pastebin, sorry, this forum sometimes parses tags inside of [ code ] [ /code ] blocks IIRC):

http://pastebin.com/uECf75nR
    3) The primary focus of my signature is just to have a bunch of useful information that people might find useful (for the most part). Hence any design should focus on drawing people's attention to it (but in a subdued way, not aggressively, no neon flashing gifs, lol). What's the most useful parts of the signature to people that might be on these forums? Draw the focus there.
    primary focus of my signature is just to have a bunch of useful information that people might find useful (for the most part). Hence any design should focus on drawing people's attention to it (but in a subdued way, not aggressively, no neon flashing gifs, lol). What's the most useful parts of the signature to people that might be on these forums? Draw the focus there.
    3) The primary focus of my signature is just to have a bunch of useful information that people might find useful (for the most part).
    useful information that people might find useful

BcHbKC7.jpg
    information that people might find useful
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited February 2017
    Actually, the Orange tones of the fire, may be easier to read on the dark blue background.
    B)
    edited February 2017
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    Actually, the Orange tones of the fire, may be easier to read on the dark blue background.
    B)

Thoughts? I think I'll try implementing alternating colors next like you suggested up there ▲. Also need a different color for currently non-colorized parts of both color1 and color2, unless gray is easily readable. Also, hyperlinks are blue. Not sure how to change that or if changing is even necessary.

@Skope How's this look? OK? Too dark?
    edited February 2017
    Hyperlinks by default are set by this websites Cascading Style Sheet. I do not think it can be overridden as the anchor tag is being directly targeted. You are likely stuck with that color like or not. :/
    a {
    color: #38b2ff;
    }
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    Why not just have a single link to a google drive document with all the useful information.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2017
    Is that so...

dat red hyperlink

It does override the a:hover bit though...
    Hmm, they must allow overriding the default then. Interesting.
  • LhastLhast NY Join Date: 2016-06-03 Member: 218004Members
    Honestly...that's tame compared to the sigs people used to have in message boards like this. I mean I'm only 23 but I can still remember huge ass reaper sized signatures in the good ol' GameFAQs forums and such.
    edited February 2017
    Lhast wrote: »
    Honestly...that's tame compared to the sigs people used to have in message boards like this. I mean I'm only 23 but I can still remember huge ass reaper sized signatures in the good ol' GameFAQs forums and such.

All neon and animated, too, right? Good times. :eyeroll: (They're actually pretty cool, but not under every post someone makes in a back-and-forth conversation.)
    Why not just have a single link to a google drive document with all the useful information.

No one's going to click on "Hey check out this compilation of useful information here!", but they might click on links for joystick problems, hard drive data recovery, Subnautica crash fixes, etc.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    The orange is definitely better than the yellow :)
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    Yes, orange is much better.
    What about the tires though?
    edited February 2017
    Lhast wrote: »

Right now there are a lot of sig images on this forum, which are technically not allowed.

Mine is actually what's officially allowed at:
    - max res (400x75)
    - max file size (40Kb 60Kb)
    - one image allowed
    - four lines of text (I got's a +1 there :tongue: )
    edited February 2017
    When I leave work I am going home to make a sig. I haven't made one in years and all this talk of signatures is making me feel left out. :D

@Kouji_San Thanks for the hyperlink of redirect hell haha
    Crewman87 wrote: »
    @Kouji_San Thanks for the hyperlink of redirect hell haha
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    To be perfectly honest, it looks absolutely fine and it always has.

I feel like I'm being asked by my girlfriend how her new haircut looks, to which my response can only be...
    "Oh you had a haircut?"
    edited February 2017
    @Kouji_San Yup, you win. I will always bow down to Firefly and Malcolm Reynolds. I have a Serenity keychain for crying out loud.. I need help.
  • FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I don't think a single person got my epic Simpsons reference. :disappointed:
  • awesomeguy101awesomeguy101 Join Date: 2016-06-21 Member: 218886Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Is that so...

dat red hyperlink

It does override the a:hover bit though...
    HEEEEEEEEEEY.com and HOOOOOOOOOOO.com.