"Flagship Eclipse" : Subnautica Story

Comments

• Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    New crazed leaders. Does no one realised the Aurora survivor should have been infected and cure himself at some point? Why not repeat the process?
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    New crazed leaders. Does no one realised the Aurora survivor should have been infected and cure himself at some point? Why not repeat the process?

Plot development.

Also the cure is nearly 2 km underwater and surrounded by hot magma, lava spewing lizards, fire breathing dragons and ancient robots.
  • the_marinerthe_mariner US of A Join Date: 2016-12-29 Member: 225653Members
    Well, this is just great. Ollos has gone out of his gourd with power. I have a feeling that when Malla, Leonard, Seth, Zenn, and Penna return, things are not going to be going well...
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    Idiots. You've been shot out of the sky and crashed on one of the only two islands in the middle of nowhere. It is imperative that you get back to civilisation, yet you're killing each other so you can be king of a tiny settlement which will soon be picked off by native predators.

I see what you meant when you said this would be like Game of Thrones.
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    Idiots. You've been shot out of the sky and crashed on one of the only two islands in the middle of nowhere. It is imperative that you get back to civilisation, yet you're killing each other so you can be king of a tiny settlement which will soon be picked off by native predators.

Isolation gives the delusion of power :)

;)
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Jamezorg wrote: »

Isolation gives the delusion of power :)

;)
    You won't beat me. This is my game. ;)
    Okay, so I need your opinions on something. These past few posts have gotten a little lengthy, and I just wanted to know whether you'd want me to shorten them a little bit or you like the length. I'm fine with either way, I just want to get your opinions :)
    @Jamezorg Personally, I think it's totally cool. You want longer posts, I won't stop you.
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    I prefer longer posts for the reasons given by Skope.
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    "The needs of the many, Malla."
    bsgntwl3ebvf.jpg
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    "The needs of the many, Malla."
    bsgntwl3ebvf.jpg
    You cannot defeat me. I control the spoiler realm. You trespass on my territory. Concede or be defeated.
    "The needs of the many, Malla." He whispered.

Leonard is fucking evil. I mean, throwing Malla's words back at him like that? Jesus.

Aaaand shit just got real with Ollos. I can't believe he's still trying to appear intimidating. Quite frankly, he's as intimidating as a wet towel, and I have the same level of respect for him as one.
    The cutting thing sounds suspiciously like some sort of oath of fealty to me.
    This is some sort of conspiracy isn't it.

I hate conspiracies.

They always turn against the leaders. And currently, Malla is my favorite character.

@Jamezorg, don't you dare.

Don't you dare.
    Zanos Millen

I supported Sellan in this 'election', but my honour and my duty compelled me to side with Ollos during this debate. Although I spoke with Sellan behind his back, I still believed he cast a wide shadow over the people. A few people had already sided with him, and others were deciding whether to vote for Sellan or him. He was not on the island at the moment, at least not when I had checked. Where could he have been? The voting had not yet begun, but I knew when it did it would be a crushing blow to Sellan if we didn't act quickly.

I approached him sitting by the mountain. "Sellan," I called. He looked up at me and smiled. "The people are starving."

"And what would you have me do about it?" Sellan asked. "I am weak, I have been beaten, and I myself am starving. How do you expect me to fetch food for others like me when not even they are capable?"

"You could take advantage of this situation." I told him. "You could convince them to side with you when you provide them with these rations." Again and again he refused, telling me that he would find another way. I doubted this; he might as well not exist, seeing as how useless he was in this election and as a leader. I threw my arms in the air and strode off, lost in a sea of my own anger.

I sat on the beach, expecting Ollos to burst from the waves hauling a great net of fish behind him, and I saw the people rushing to his side, thanking him, swearing him loyalty and the like. A part of me thought this impossible for a single man; my guard were on the island, and the daily role call counted everyone but Ollos himself. I wondered what he would return with, what he would drag out of the salty depths with him. I wondered if I swam down now if I could catch more fish than him, and suddenly jump forward in the polls myself. It was slowly becoming apparent that Sellan was as useless as Ollos, for all the wrong reasons. I still supported him, but not as wholly as I had once.

The sun was setting now. Then I heard crowds gathering behind me. I heard applause and words of gratitude, and I turned to see a crowd of people outside the cave entrance in the side of the mountain. Unexpectedly, people gathered around Ollos. He carried with him bag and bags of great, orange, bulbous fruit. Not a soul questioned where the provisions had been taken from, and in their desperation they took the fruit without a second glance. I approached Sellan once again, who did not even look at Ollos or the crowd.

"Now you've truly lost." I told him. "This is what you get for wasting time sulking about on the floor here."

I waited fifteen minutes for the crowd to die down. Still there was fruit on the floor that none had eaten before they became full. Then I sneaked cautiously into the cave. My footsteps echoed as I walked. I tiptoed down the narrow passages and winding tunnels. Great cables lined the walls, made from the same alloy as the gun itself. I ran my hand against them, and they swayed as I took my fingers away.

Then there was an enormous opening. At the heart of this grand room was a gigantic diamond outline that towered over everything else in the chamber. It was filled with a murky green light. Sasha stood before me, staring into the green. I walked up to her. She heard my footsteps and turned to see me.

"You're Zanos, yes?" She asked. I nodded my head.

"What is that thing?" I inquired, with more shock than I had intended. I cleared my throat afterwards and she smiled. Then she turned back to the green veil.

"On the other side is where Ollos got all of that fruit from." She informed. "On the other side of that portal is the reason we're alive."

I gazed in awe at the machine. "Why haven't you gone through yet?" I once again asked.

She turned back to me again. "If pregnant woman are advised not to travel through Phase Gates, surely there's no difference here." I smiled back at her. Her smile never seemed to fade. "And I like the way it looks." She added.

"Well we can agree on that." I said. "Who do you think made it?"

"Forgotten aliens that no one remembers or cares to remember?" She didn't seem all that fussed. "It doesn't bother me. What does bother me is the recipe; how do I make one of these?" She continued to look at the portal. The room fell into a silence. I didn't much care what was on the other side anymore. I removed myself from the cave as quickly as I had entered.

Wow either that portal has a better battery life then the Nokia brick or they somehow worked out how to use ancient alien technology, without an all knowing scanner.
    edited February 2017
    If they are to survive long-term, it might be better for them to relocate to the Floater Island anyway. No biters or reaper leviathans, plus the crops planted by the Degassi crew might've established themselves there since Aurora has already been overgrown. I wouldn't be surprised if one faction breaks away from the rest and decides to live there.

On another note, Phantomfinch is right. Did they work out how to use the ion crystals or something? I guess the original survivor would've documented some of it.
    Malla Corren

Somewhat later than I had intended, we found a way onto the Aurora's back. An opening, it was, in the steel roof of the ship. Thick vines hung from its edges; vines strong enough to support legions of men. This was our way onto the Aurora. The back end of the ship had been completely blocked from us; there were no gaps in the metal for us to clamber into, nor were there any pathways there not caved in or blocked off in some way. We were now making our way back to the Kraken. Hopefully a Reaper hadn't latched on and sucked it into the depths whilst I had been exploring. I trusted Seth, I trusted Zenn and I trusted Kend. They would not fail me, on a mission as trivial as the one they were set.

Leonard held much knowledge when it came to the alien planets of the universe, so when I knelt to feel the dirt with my hands he was the first person I asked about its odd location. "Why is this dirt on the Aurora?" I asked. "Surely the ship did not spawn it here out of thin air, so where did it come from?" Leonard looked down at me, smiling.

"Well, I have scanned the dirt." He informed. "Turns out... it's Skyray shit." I was instantly brought back to my feet, wiping my hand against my clothes.

"Skyray shit?" I searched for clarification. He simply nodded in reply. "So you're telling me that we've been walking in... Skyray... waste... for a day now?"

"It feels like dirt, doesn't it?" He asked me. I continued walking, others in the group walking in a parade around me. "Does it bother you?"

"How did the trees get here then?" I challenged. He looked at me confused.

"Well, I suppose Skyrays ate seeds that didn't digest properly and they sprouted, or the creatures carried them from a nearby island or..." I glanced at him with a raised brow, questioningly. "I don't know, I'm not a bloody zoologist. I just know that there are trees here now, and I don't care how they got here, at least we won't starve." I chuckled at him, and he smiled in response. "Either way, waste is the perfect fertiliser."

There was silence for the rest of the journey. We emerged from the heights above them, and they greeted us with cheers and congratulations after we revealed our success. "It is not far off!" We commented. "We will all be on top by sunrise!" We yelled. I watched as my people celebrated. It was a glad thing to see all of your people so happy, and so free. I surveyed the crowd, only to jump at the feel of a hand on my shoulder. I turned to see Zenn smiling at me.

"Zenn!" I was happy I could see him again; we hadn't spoken in quite some time. "I trust you defended the vessel well."

"As well as I could." He was always humble. I noticed a cut on his upper arm, just below the shoulder. It had penetrated the skin and clothes, and would scar.

"What happened?" I inquired.

"The moss is slippery in some parts, Malla. I slipped and fell, but I had no idea it was that big a cut." He seemed only then to realise the severity of the wound, He rubbed it, and smiled as he did so, concealing the obvious horror at the revelation. "I hope you're okay after coming back from such a venture. Did you find anything unexpected in there? Was it haunted?" He joked. I grinned.

"This whole planet is haunted." I told him. "Aliens died here and there, humans died everywhere. Now I suppose we may join them, and any other ship that gets too close." He looked down at the floor. Something was troubling him, I could see that. He forced a quick smile and disappeared into the crowed without a word.

Soon enough I clambered on top of a pile of rubble; perhaps the same one I had mounted before to give my previous speeches. "Alright!" I held my fist above my head, and the masses fell silent. "Now we'll all be heading into the ship. We'll make our way onto its back and find a way into the thruster maintenance rooms, and then we'll begin scavenging for all things useful. Ready?!" The crowed roared. "Let's go!" We all charged into the Aurora. I stopped at the top of the incline, and soon began to realise that some were more enthusiastic about this than others, my leaders included.

Zenn and Seth stayed at the back of the group, maintaining a steady jog, unlike the rest. With them was a small group.

This I found most interesting.
    "Skyray shit"

I'm not being a dick here but I feel you pulled that conclusion...
    Out of your ass
    Zenn, don't you dare betray Malla. It's not his fault those people happened to perform a lithobraking manoeuvre on top of your girlfriend.
    Um. Okay.

Ollos has gone out of his fucking gourd. I mean, Sellan is a lazy idiot, but Ollos killing Malla's men because he thinks they came to kill Sasha's baby? What the FUCK????
    James I know you said you wanted your story to be like game of thrones.
    But I think you've gone too far, next we'll have to wait 20 more pages until the sea dragons arrive.
    Welp.

That went about as well as I expected.

Let the record show that everyone but Malla is insane.
    I ran my hand up and down bark as white as cloud, and stroked fine, furry leaves with delicate fingers. Blood red sap poured from the stomachs of these trees. Although it looked like blood, I still found the sight beautiful. It trickled down the trunk slowly, leaving a trail of red behind it.

Nice reference to the weirwood trees.