DEAD BODIES

Gunbone_CLGunbone_CL Wisconsin Rapids Wisconsin Join Date: 2016-09-15 Member: 222348Members
I would LOVE to see some dead bodies floating in the lifepods, or to see them on the Aurora. They could use the Model they had for the size ref.

This Game is awesome!! I love it, i have been playing since its early access release month in 2014, and I am so glad I bought it, but the lack of no other humans at all is weird. I love how we are the only ones to have survived, but we weren't the only ones on the aurora. Also like the size ref model the bodies should have names on them, like "Gunbone_CL" on one of them... "Hint..Hint"
and other names on the corpses. make the corpses out in the open, and in places you have to go in the aurora!!! thanks if you actually read this and are possibly going to impliment this!

Comments

• phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
  • Gunbone_CLGunbone_CL Wisconsin Rapids Wisconsin Join Date: 2016-09-15 Member: 222348Members
    The bodies part, or my name being in the game somewhere?
  • Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
    If you click on the link Phantom provided you'll see that Subnautica has an E10 rating with the ESRB, so it's VERY unlikely that they'll put dead bodies in the game.
  • Gunbone_CLGunbone_CL Wisconsin Rapids Wisconsin Join Date: 2016-09-15 Member: 222348Members
    Yeah, but you can stab animals to death, so I think another human would be okay, not sure though, I think it is weird that there are no other humans anywhere in the whole explorable aurora, atleast make a burned skull in one of the fires. there doesnt hae to be any blood
  • Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
    I'm pretty sure that showing a dead body or a human skull would jack up the rating because the ERSB can be a tyrannical and draconian organization.
    Ok, sure, but I am never going to stop thinking about how wierd an empty massive shop is, no matter the rating
  • cy4ncy4n The Kingdom of Reginald Join Date: 2016-09-14 Member: 222316Members
    The cave crawlers and bleeders ate all the dead bodies. There! Perfect E10+ content!
    (Also, this would explain why bleeders, even ones that haven't attacked you, bleed red as well as yellow.)
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    cy4n wrote: »
    The cave crawlers and bleeders ate all the dead bodies. There! Perfect E10+ content!
    (Also, this would explain why bleeders, even ones that haven't attacked you, bleed red as well as yellow.)

Naw man naw... The messages you get from the radio regarding Lifepod/island survivors... they're alive when you start the game! But they've been kidnapped by Warpers, taken to their bases and have been assimilated and/or expiremented on to further research regarding the Carar outbreak! You "arrive too late" to save anyone, which is why you never see anyone alive in the game! :open_mouth:

Or at least that's my justification as to why you don't see anyone else in the game. Who really knows? :tongue:
    No, Any Alien who studied the carar on this planet is dead, or in the caches, warpers kill, not kidnap
    There should be some traces of people on the Aurora, tghink about it, of all the people, not all were eaten.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    No I ate the people on the Aurora I was hungry. Kappa
    edited January 2017
    O..k.. Someone just AGREE WITH ME XD

the aurora is massive, despite the rating, it cant be 100% empty, there are no cave crawlers in the crew quarters, and some people have to have died in there when the aurora got shot down. The aurora cant be left empty, all I can say!
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    Gunbone_CL wrote: »

the aurora is massive, despite the rating, it cant be 100% empty, there are no cave crawlers in the crew quarters, and some people have to have died in there when the aurora got shot down. The aurora cant be left empty, all I can say!

Sadly, though, if anyone in these quarters were to die it would have to be in some gruesome way (I.E having their head smashed open on the steel walls) and we need that 10+ rating, soooooooo...

But hey, here's you agree. It's clearly something you believe in, so why not. Wear it proudly.
  • wowwinkwowwink Merica Join Date: 2016-12-05 Member: 224596Members
    Jamezorg wrote: »

Sadly, though, if anyone in these quarters were to die it would have to be in some gruesome way (I.E having their head smashed open on the steel walls) and we need that 10+ rating, soooooooo...

But hey, here's you agree. It's clearly something you believe in, so why not. Wear it proudly.

On Xbox, for a small time period it was rated T for teen. That is the rating I think this game should have.

I Frikin agree, Thanks for agreeing, THINK about it, In Subnautica you can Freeze a fish, THEN STAB IT TO DEATH!!

It doesn't need to be in a violent way, there doesn't need to be any blood, but just have a floating body or something on the Aurora, its an Idea

A TEEN RATING IS ANOTHER IDEA DEVS
    -imma start a new discusin on it!
  • includeinclude aka RpTheHotrod Dallas, TX Join Date: 2003-01-08 Member: 12027Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited January 2017
    Additional note, creating believable dead bodies that don't look out of place in the game is far harder than making alien species models.
    Yeah, but hard work is better than an Empty Aurora, anything is more believable than the devs saying tiny cave crawlers ate every last dead human organism on the Aurora, yet they are only in the entrance to the ship
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Yeah, but hard work is better than an Empty Aurora, anything is more believable than the devs saying tiny cave crawlers ate every last dead human organism on the Aurora, yet they are only in the entrance to the ship

They were just leaving, having finished their delicious dinner, when you happened by and offered them dessert!
    Is that a good thing?
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Is that a good thing?

It is for the Cave Crawlers! They like dessert!
  • magnussemagnusse denmark Join Date: 2017-02-02 Member: 227524Members
    i totally agree with you, but i can see some of the other peoples points
    but yea it is weird that there isn't any human bodys,
    and i personaly think that the game could get a new rating without hurting any one
    but i really like the idea of that warpers kidnapped them.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    Didn't you hear me I ate the bodies!
  • hugothesilverdragonhugothesilverdragon canad Join Date: 2015-11-30 Member: 209620Members
    unfortnutly this will not happen du to the E rating subnautica wants to keep
  • awesomeguy101awesomeguy101 Join Date: 2016-06-21 Member: 218886Members
    Platform: Xbox One

Rating Category:
    Content Descriptors: Fantasy Violence, Mild Language
  • joni65joni65 Kansas Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218763Members
    I've seen PDA messages that say that nearby life forms have detectable levels of human remains in them, ( or something close to that ) so I'm with the "everyone but me had been eaten" theory.
    I've seen it too, but cave crawlers couldn't have eaten everyone, but I respect the everyone 10 and up rating
  • TheMerricatTheMerricat St. Louis, MO Join Date: 2017-02-02 Member: 227541Members
    Tarkannen wrote: »

Naw man naw... The messages you get from the radio regarding Lifepod/island survivors... they're alive when you start the game! But they've been kidnapped by Warpers, taken to their bases and have been assimilated and/or expiremented on to further research regarding the Carar outbreak! You "arrive too late" to save anyone, which is why you never see anyone alive in the game! :open_mouth:

Or at least that's my justification as to why you don't see anyone else in the game. Who really knows? :tongue:

They were alive in the intro sequence, but you have no idea how long you've been out since then. Your comm relay isn't doing live time updates, it's just a relay. It's connected to the Aurora's systems which is relaying the queued messages back to you in an erratic manner as it dies.

The folk left on the Aurora would have likely been turned into greasy paste from the impact forces, that's why the lifepods exist in the first place.

The other folk, the ones who abandoned ship, well you get an alien message late game about that. There is a reason why the pods all have holes in them, though it might have been better if the hole was facing inwards, not outwards.
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    Tarkannen wrote: »

They were alive in the intro sequence, but you have no idea how long you've been out since then. Your comm relay isn't doing live time updates, it's just a relay. It's connected to the Aurora's systems which is relaying the queued messages back to you in an erratic manner as it dies.

The folk left on the Aurora would have likely been turned into greasy paste from the impact forces, that's why the lifepods exist in the first place.

The other folk, the ones who abandoned ship, well you get an alien message late game about that. There is a reason why the pods all have holes in them, though it might have been better if the hole was facing inwards, not outwards.

according to in game you're out several hours and then of course the passage of time it takes for the Aurora to go meltdown, which in the game is scripted to be 3 days, if it happens faster than that it's a bug with the script that runs the Aurora explosion. Given that the Aurora seems to be absolutely crawling with cave crawlers and I mean this in that only the sections of the ship that are accessible. Other bodies could have fallen out of the ship as well and were eaten outside the ship. Anyone that survived the impact of the ship and made it outside were probably just as unlucky to be eaten by the carnivorous fauna mean really there are Sandsharks, Stalkers and Reapers all around the Aurora crashsite.