The Lava War Thread

Comments

• Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    edited February 2017
    Alright, my time.

- the 2 Prawn reinforcements One will be deployed at E1, and the other, at E2.

- From the territory E1: It now has 1 PRAWN and 1 Cyclops. I move this Cyclops to E2

-For E2: It has 3 PRAWNS and 2 Cyclops. I move 2 PRAWNS and 2 1 Cyclops to C1

- C1: Has now 2 PRAWNS and 3 2 Cyclops. I move 1 Cyclops (the original standing army) to C2.

- C2: Has now 2 Cyclops. I move 1 to C3.

- C3: Has now 2 Cyclops. I move 1 to C4.

- C4: Has now 2 Cyclops. I exchange one to 3 PRAWNS, and I use the other to attack the OG territory of the Entrance B.

Rolling dices: https://rolz.org/dr?room=Subnautica

FMMA: 6, 5 and 5

Lava Empire: 5

FMMA conquers the OG territory of the Entrance B. OG has now 1 Cyclops.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Storytime
    "All units, forward! Bring that gate down!" HAL ordered to his army. The bonesharks there were throwing everything they had at the steel bodies of the FMMA. During the fight, one Cyclops, this being modified to be something like a big and mettalic battering ram, sounded his horn and gradually increased his speed, going straight to the gate.

"RAMMING SPEED!!!", and the Cyclops, sounding it's horn one more time, crashed and destroyed the gate, this being insufficient to even dent the mighty vehicle, which continued it's way inside the fortification, going and trampling everything in it's patch

With a deafening scream, FMMA warriors flooded the now hole at the fallen gate, blades already flying to the bodies of the shaken bonesharks. The victory came, total and complete, as the armies of the FMMA now inside the fortification: their first victory on this war.

• Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    Ok, so @Skope, @the_mariner and @Enderguy059, that's your time to shine.

Reinforcements
    @Skope, you get 1 army

@the_mariner, you get 1 army

@Enderguy059, you get 1 army
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    I place a Crabsnake at E2

Then I mo---

*Incoming Transmission*

This is the General of the Underworld Crabsnakes.

I sincerely hope that we didn't scare Aboveworld too much.

But it's time to uncover this ruse.

I, Drago of the UCR, officially break the alliance between the Crabsnakes and Pater.

I apologize for all those we deceived, but we had to be believed by all to get an upper hand in the war.

But the UCR is now whole once more.

And we will fight Pater until his tentacles move no more, and his head dips in lifeless shame.

Then we shall stop attacking.

The Crabsnakes will conglomerate at EC

We will see you soon.

And we will make sure Pater pays.

*End transmission*

--ve the Crabsnakes to C1
    Skope wrote: »

Then I mo---

*Incoming Transmission*

I, Drago of the UCR, officially break the alliance between the Crabsnakes and Pater.

I apologize for all those we deceived, but we had to be believed by all to get an upper hand in the war.

And we will fight Pater until his tentacles move no more, and his head dips in lifeless shame.

We will see you soon.

*End transmission*

Clarification about the "Exit to the Chamber" territory, taken from the map annotations on the OP:

"When a faction(s) conquers the "Exit to the Chamber" territory, from this point on, said faction(s) may add their armies gained at the start of the turn on any territory they already occupied. Normal Risk rules apply here."

Hold that territory, @Skope. Hold it like your life depended on it. If @PaterAestus manages to retake this territory, the old rules about troop movement will be valid once again.

Can't wait for res. I move biters from e1, e2 and c1 to c4 to r nforce the front line

I deploy reenforcments in the place of the moved biter.

Casual:So, from what I'm getting, you want to move all of your armies one territory up, with the reinforcements being left to serve as occupiying armies?

Sorry for post this late. @phantomfinch, is this correct?
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    Before I have my turn, could I please have an Image of the current units placed on the board?
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    Can't wait for res. I move biters from e1, e2 and c1 to c4 to r nforce the front line

I deploy reenforcments in the place of the moved biter.

Casual:So, from what I'm getting, you want to move all of your armies one territory up, with the reinforcements being left to serve as occupiying armies?

Sorry for post this late. @phantomfinch, is this correct?

Yes hat is the correct post.
  • PaterAestusPaterAestus Join Date: 2017-01-03 Member: 225985Members
    edited January 2017
    Skope wrote: »

Then I mo---

*Incoming Transmission*

We will see you soon.

*End transmission*

You fools.

You traitorous fools!

I give you the chance of life, and you squander it!

Very well, if you want to join your brothers, I will make sure you will be with them.

And you will bathe in their blood.

And they in yours.

No mercy will be given.
    Before I have my turn, could I please have an Image of the current units placed on the board?

Hm, let's see. @subnauticambrian, do you have an updated map that could show to us?
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    @subnauticambrian

Ahh yeah, thanks for reminding me. I made the base game in a week, then moved on to other projects and forgot about it. Here are some screenshots:

IntroScreen_zpsxpx72zs5.png

screen1_zps5g9bdil8.png

screen2_zpsa5pr9kbw.png

screen3_zps1hj9zjbc.png

winscreen_zpsbfqhhm7p.png

Computer player are warpers, You are sea emporers.

and here is the link to the download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3puhr349hlatg1s/Subnauty.zip?dl=0

Just press esc to exit the game at anytime.

Note: This is only a prototype, and as such may be a bit wonky at times. Things may also not be that clear, but hey, persist and you'll work it out, if you know risk.

Main difference with risk is that you only start on one biome and you have to work to the enemy biome.

Holy cow, this is amazing!

How long have you been working on this?
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I worked on it for 1 week from christmas- new year. That was build 1. I worked on it for 2 more days for build 2, then another day for build 3. Which is what you have there. I haven't worked on it for about 3 weeks or so.
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    I worked on it for 1 week from christmas- new year. That was build 1. I worked on it for 2 more days for build 2, then another day for build 3. Which is what you have there. I haven't worked on it for about 3 weeks or so.

Why the HELL do you think the Warpers are brainwashing you?

You know what you guys did back in 2133, those little "brain tests" that you said were for a routine checkup.

Then you did a brain test on a Reaper, he went crazy and rampaged, and that's kind of why we have no Twisty Bridges.

It's safe to say that it is at least slightly truthful propaganda.
  • ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members
    Who is next to strike?
  • the_marinerthe_mariner US of A Join Date: 2016-12-29 Member: 225653Members
    I am, but since I don't know how to play Risk, I'm going over it with Casual. @Ralij, there's no need to go for me - I'll make my move tomorrow at the latest.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2017

@Nautical_Nick
    I had to make a plot for the game that didn't involve violence, as per Subnautica lore. This is why there is 'Diplomacy' instead of fighting. If you really thought my game was a reflection of my understanding of Subnautica, you could equally have asked,

Why the HELL do I think the Sea Emporers are forming a diplomatic coalition to save the planet?

My game needed a plot, it's paper thin, but better than none.
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members

@Nautical_Nick
    I had to make a plot for the game that didn't involve violence, as per Subnautica lore. This is why there is 'Diplomacy' instead of fighting. If you really thought my game was a reflection of my understanding of Subnautica, you could equally have asked,

Why the HELL do I think the Sea Emporers are forming a diplomatic coalition to save the planet?

He killed about 50 biters

An entire army

Several reefback

A sea dragon

Multible leaders

Possibly a DJ

And an entire invasion force.

Dat bitch guna die.
    edited February 2017

@Nautical_Nick

An entire army

Several reefback

A sea dragon

Multible leaders

Possibly a DJ

Dat bitch guna die.

Don't forget the multiple civilian casulties when the kharaa attacked the JA Institute. And people, please (not you @phantomfinch, you're alright on this case) refrain from starting these discussions here. Remember, this is a Risk campaign thread. I recommend you create another thread to show your game, @Soul_Rider.

Also, @Enderguy059 had asked for an updated map before he made his move. As @the_mariner said, I'm helping him getting confortable with the game. If for some reason @subnauticambrian don't post the updated map, then I ask you @Enderguy059 to talk to me so we can see, using the last map, where you can make your moves. The same applies to you, @the_mariner. Ok?

@Skope, I saw you didn't deployed your new reinforcement. I sincerely don't know if you gained the support of the previous Empire's crabsnakes after or before you deployed. I'm going to assume it was before you decided your moves, so, in this case, you are free to place the reinforcement on any of your currently occupied territories.Nevermind. I was too tired to read correctly.

After them, is @PaterAestus. When they finish their moves, I'll make a post with your reinforcements.
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    Hi all, been a little behind on the map. School's pretty intense. If @Casual_Player can make it, they probably should because I probably won't be able to for a little bit.
    Hi all, been a little behind on the map. School's pretty intense. If @Casual_Player can make it, they probably should because I probably won't be able to for a little bit.

Ok, thanks for the heads up! In this case, I ask both @Enderguy059 and @the_mariner to talk to me so I can help you using the last posted map. Then, when all players of the Entrance C make their moves, @PaterAestus will receive his reinforcements and can make his move.

Then, after that, I post an updated map, and turn 3 will start.
  • PaterAestusPaterAestus Join Date: 2017-01-03 Member: 225985Members

@Nautical_Nick

Why the HELL do I think the Sea Emperors are forming a diplomatic coalition to save the planet?

An entire army

Several reefback

A sea dragon

Multiple leaders

Possibly a DJ

Dat bitch guna die.

Oh no, Ms. DJ Ampeel is quite alright.

She plays her music for our troops whenever they please.

Music is said to rally the hearts of an army into battle.

And the Lava Larva have been very interested in DJ's ideas of the "rave." I know little about it, but it keeps them upbeat, so why not?

And on the Biters...
    It was much more than fifty, that I can assure you of.

@Nautical_Nick

Why the HELL do I think the Sea Emperors are forming a diplomatic coalition to save the planet?

An entire army

Several reefback

A sea dragon

Multiple leaders

Possibly a DJ

Dat bitch guna die.

Oh no, Ms. DJ Ampeel is quite alright.

She plays her music for our troops whenever they please.

Music is said to rally the hearts of an army into battle.

And the Lava Larva have been very interested in DJ's ideas of the "rave." I know little about it, but it keeps them upbeat, so why not?

And on the Biters...
    It was much more than fifty, that I can assure you of.

Oh god I always thought ampeel was a man,

I feel terrible now

PROOF
    idwt1j7nvykk.png
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    edited February 2017

An entire army

Several reefback

A sea dragon

Multible leaders

Possibly a DJ

Dat bitch guna die.

We talking abot the Warpers or a different species?
    @Nautical_Nick - I never made that quote!! How on earth did you get that confused??
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    @subnauticambrian

Ahh yeah, thanks for reminding me. I made the base game in a week, then moved on to other projects and forgot about it. Here are some screenshots:

screen1_zps5g9bdil8.png

screen2_zpsa5pr9kbw.png

screen3_zps1hj9zjbc.png

Note: This is only a prototype, and as such may be a bit wonky at times. Things may also not be that clear, but hey, persist and you'll work it out, if you know risk.

Main difference with risk is that you only start on one biome and you have to work to the enemy biome. You spawn one diplomat per turn on the home base and earn more that you can placed based on the number of territories you own. If you own a whole set (Kelp Forest, Thermal Vent etc) you get 1 bonus unit per turn spawn on each biome of the set.

I've... I've played this more than I care to admit...

As a fan of this little mini-game you've created, it would be nice to have some sort of menu. For someone like me who's played this for an hour now it's a bit aggravating having the game close every time I win (or loose, I'm not perfect) a game :)
    Jamezorg wrote: »
    @subnauticambrian

screen1_zps5g9bdil8.png

screen2_zpsa5pr9kbw.png

screen3_zps1hj9zjbc.png

Main difference with risk is that you only start on one biome and you have to work to the enemy biome. You spawn one diplomat per turn on the home base and earn more that you can placed based on the number of territories you own. If you own a whole set (Kelp Forest, Thermal Vent etc) you get 1 bonus unit per turn spawn on each biome of the set.

I've... I've played this more than I care to admit...

As a fan of this little mini-game you've created, it would be nice to have some sort of menu. For someone like me who's played this for an hour now it's a bit aggravating having the game close every time I win (or loose, I'm not perfect) a game :)

You and me both.

I've played it a good 20 times.

I regret nothing.
    Only one fish can bring the 4 nations back together again and restore harmony

I+always+have+this+weird+habit+of+doing+the+hardest+_60415c59307fcb2feb91b7a5a44541b9.jpg

Dangit @04Leonhardt, this works too well!
    bnjuxk6s69mo.png

Are you sure he's here to make peace among the fish