Bugs/observations encountered so far

psiggypsiggy Join Date: 2017-01-18 Member: 226904Members
edited January 2017 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
I have latest build, got on steam in the end of Dec.
Survivial mode
Base/structures:
I haven't found terraformer yet so basically I build base on a "raw cliff".
-plants/bubbles coming from the bottom/schools of fish (uncapturable ones) are drawn through structures of base
https://fotki.yandex.ru/next/users/i66u/album/311697/view/1426537
-base's equipment could be seen from the bridge of cyclops at ANY distance
-unfinished structures disappear after save/load (lost some precious resources to that)
-power transmitters work principles are unclear: sometimes they have to be in direct optical vision of each other sometimes they work through obstacles (for example you can build a chain over the stone then remove middle link and viola)
-solar panel works at 200m. And in the shadow of cyclops. By means of evil magic it seems :smile:
-foundations could be built in midwater and will have no columns to reach the bottom still increasing hull integrity
-moonpool sometimes built with one or two support pillars resting on water
-I can build foundation under moonpool completely blocking the dock, however if I have seamoth docked before foundation was built it will swim through
-base attached air pumps aren't drawn.
-base attached air pump can be built on pure foundation with power connected. Where it gets air?
-bioreactor sometimes doesn't activate regardless of intake and lack of power on base. Had to rebuild it with different angle or in different room.
-how can I damage the base? It seems like it made not from titanium but pure unobtanium. I built 8 glass tubes with observatory at end with overall hull integrity around 10 (I love those foundations) and tried to ram it with cyclops - not even a scratch.
-I can construct hatch at 45 degrees walls in multipurpose room but can't attach I-shape in the same place. Unfair.

Cyclops:
-get the seamoth close enough to cyclops for it opens the dock but do not dock. Get into cyclops. You can see the bottom from the opened hatch without consequences.
-sometimes, when I enter cyclops and try to open wall lockers the inventory is drawn behind the walls of submarine making it invisible. However it is accessible and I can manage it by pointing on empty space and reading descriptions. To fix it I have to dock/undock in seamoth.

Gameplay
-on floating isle with observatories I can run down from the peak without any harm.
-several times I've encountered wrecks drawn multiple times in exact same place. I had to repair door opening mechanism triple times, open the same door 3 times, cut trough doors three times and it has tripled loot in it.
-twice I've seen the wreck completely disappear leaving all of it's stuff floating in water or slowly descending on bottom.
-first time played had EP6 and EP17 not spawned. After first cache clear they appeared where they should be.

Comments

• MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    I haven't found terraformer yet so basically I build base on a "raw cliff".
    - I believe the devs have removed the terraformer form the game.

The following have been reported to the devs many times.

-base's equipment could be seen from the bridge of cyclops at ANY distance

moonpool sometimes built with one or two support pillars resting on water

get the seamoth close enough to cyclops for it opens the dock but do not dock. Get into cyclops. You can see the bottom from the opened hatch without consequences.

on floating isle with observatories I can run down from the peak without any harm.

several times I've encountered wrecks drawn multiple times in exact same place. I had to repair door opening mechanism triple times, open the same door 3 times, cut trough doors three times and it has tripled loot in it.

twice I've seen the wreck completely disappear leaving all of it's stuff floating in water or slowly descending on bottom.
  • psiggypsiggy Join Date: 2017-01-18 Member: 226904Members
    edited January 2017
    -seamoth inventory isn't accessible (modification installed)
    UPD: it is accessible under some angles, very irritating
    -deconstructed moonpool left structures floating
    https://fotki.yandex.ru/next/users/i66u/album/311697/view/1426529
    -if ending of corridor contains bulkhead it could be opened to the ocean without consequences
    https://fotki.yandex.ru/next/users/i66u/album/311697/view/1426530
    -repair seamoth from position you can enter it, press RMB - you are in with animation of repair process on screen, stays on exit from seamoth. To cancel the effect you have to select repair tool and try to repair something
    -I've built EC charger aboard cyclops. It charges ECs without taking energy from ship. Where the hell it takes energy????
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservation_of_energy
    https://fotki.yandex.ru/next/users/i66u/album/311697/view/1426536
    edited January 2017
    -if you build a base close to wreck - the wreck will disappear. Tested on wrecks in blood kelp area and in dunes.
    -spinefish is not accepted as "organic material" by bioreactor
    -unequipped O2 tank still acts as equipped giving 75 points of oxygen
    https://fotki.yandex.ru/next/users/i66u/album/311697/view/1426668
    edited January 2017
    Latest stable version from steam
    -it seems that two crashfishes in same containment causing fatal performance degradation.
    -blood from bloodkelp is not accepted as "organic material" by bioreactor.
  • ant_fioant_fio Join Date: 2017-01-26 Member: 227275Members
    edited January 2017
    psiggy wrote: »
    -unequipped O2 tank still acts as equipped giving 75 points of oxygen
    I was operating on the assumption that this was intentional - I think the paper doll equipment slot is meant as a dedicated tank slot while you also have the added option of carrying additional oxygen. I may be wrong.

These tanks also slow you down by an additional "point" of movement speed, if my tests are accurate.

Overall nice finds!
    edited January 2017
    -After cache clearing terrain overlaps structures causing the bug when the player is not able to deconstruct aka "Cant deconstruct. None visible should be deconstructed first." This can be solved in some cases using repulsion gun to get rid of terrain.
    https://fotki.yandex.ru/next/users/i66u/album/311697/view/1431347
    -Large drillable deposits dislocated bu repulsion gun for more comfortable drilling return to their initial spawn places when I try to drill them.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    -After cache clearing terrain overlaps structures causing the bug when the player is not able to deconstruct aka "Cant deconstruct. None visible should be deconstructed first." This can be solved in some cases using repulsion gun to get rid of terrain.
    https://fotki.yandex.ru/next/users/i66u/album/311697/view/1431347
    -Large drillable deposits dislocated bu repulsion gun for more comfortable drilling return to their initial spawn places when I try to drill them.

You can spawn
    item 514

in the console to get the terraformer. It's been removed, but still works, and is useful for cleaning up terrain left over from a cache clear. (Shift-right-click to clear.)
  • pariah013pariah013 USA Join Date: 2017-02-01 Member: 227493Members
    Another thing that I have noticed when base building is that if you build a standard connector that is built in water, with a vertical connector and a ladder joining the two, if you attempt to deconstruct the ladder and are standing too close, you will clip through the tube, and fall into the water. However, the game still reads the players state as being inside the tube, so you are unable to swim, and have to kill yourself in order to fix the issue.
    pariah013 wrote: »
    Another thing that I have noticed when base building is that if you build a standard connector that is built in water, with a vertical connector and a ladder joining the two, if you attempt to deconstruct the ladder and are standing too close, you will clip through the tube, and fall into the water. However, the game still reads the players state as being inside the tube, so you are unable to swim, and have to kill yourself in order to fix the issue.

Entering & exiting a base (try constructing a hatch on the bottom of a tube or the top if you can fall onto it) should also fix this, as should using warpme (warps back to base or Cyclops).
  • JetStream90JetStream90 Join Date: 2017-01-11 Member: 226571Members
    I've noticed many of the bugs mentioned above also. Here are some different ones that I've noticed:
    • Lag spikes frequently top 50 seconds each when travelling between bases, on a powerful gaming-type laptop. Unacceptable. Very major issue. Using Alt + Esc during lag to add something here causes the game to bind the mouse pointer to the crosshair and show as "Not Responding" until I click away.
    • In Creative mode, no sub-surface power sources for bases work (Bioreactor, Nuclear, Thermal, etc.) I know there's "infinite" power in this mode for fabricators and the like, but the base is still completely dark.
    • The foundation part of bases does not line-up sometimes with the base room orientation. If you allow the foundations, solar arrays, thermal plants, etc. to be free-rotating, then make all the same. Otherwise, make the foundation snap to a 45 or 90 degree angle.
    • Standing more than a meter or few feet away from storage lockers and opening them allows the open-action to happen, but it hides the inventory. I understand the realism of being close enough, but don't just show a blank screen when too far away. This means the player has to exit the inventory, move closer, then reopen the locker. The game should not allow the action to happen until close enough.
    • Opening either lockers or the inventory frequently has a grey-ish film over the whole screen while viewing that makes things harder to see. This film is also strongly affected by Seamoth headlights when checking in front of it.
    • Walking across a moonpool-docked Seamoth sometimes lets you walk to other side (storage-side to upgrades,) but the PRAWN suit always results in falling through into the water.
    • Docking a PRAWN suit into the Cyclops sometimes results in the Cyclops listing badly to the side and sliding in that direction sideways (until it gets pinned against a rock or other solid object.) This one is fixed only by undocking the PRAWN and reloading the game, for me.
    • The PRAWN suit always gets stuck on any plant I walk around (even as small as a SINGLE acid mushroom or gel sack.) Come on! Just make the crappy suit pick up its feet at least a foot (or 1/2 meter.) and I'd be happy. It just drags its feet on every little thing! :|
    • Removing arm attachments from the PRAWN suit sometimes results in the item being deleted (when the bug occurs once, it keeps happening.) Happens to drill arm, grappling arm, and torpedo arm at least (lost all 3 once.) Also, I haven't been able to load new torpedoes into the bay, they also just get deleted.
    • I've sometimes seen the PRAWN jump-jet bubble stream continue to be visible after docking in the Cyclops.
    • Saving while in the Seamoth or PRAWN suit, then exiting the game will result in the player being ejected from them upon reloading (This one is an annoyance kind of issue, unless near a thermal vent, etc. then it becomes very frustrating.)
    • The crabsquid continue to EMP when I'm swimming away from Seamoth in the Degasi base there.
    • There is no warning (like for the "approaching max. depth" warning) for nearing the Aurora radiation zone. I was in deep water piloting the Cyclops, then noticed my health at 30. Scrambled to get the rad-suit on before I cooked! ;)
    • Silver is in WAY too short of supply. I have more than a full locker or so just of gold alone (from sandstone) and No spare silver.
    • The front of the post-explosion Aurora in many places is currently a maze of clip-through walls, floors, and beams. I found that you can see into many of the Aurora rooms from the outside very easily, but the player can get lost thinking "Which walls do I have to pass through again to get out of this tangled mess?" You can't go "into" or "out of" the walls of the "correct" rooms, just around them, so it's easy to think something is an entrance when its really just an x-ray wall. Other visually solid walls nearby can be passed through.
    • I think click-boxes for actions were mentioned above, but I'd add the Mobile Vehicle Bay, Waterproof Lockers, and Creepvines to the tweak list.
    P.S. Considering ALL of the above AND the other posted issues AND the fact that it's been in "Early Access" for 2 years now, I'd say the developers have NO excuse for this crap. It's way too unfinished for how long its been. STOP FOCUSING on "fluff" like COFFEE and FIX the GAME!

Was in the Grand Reef just now in Freedom mode with Cyclops and Seamoth, undocked the Seamoth, the Cyclops "settled" in the water (literally,) crushed the Seamoth, and the Seamoth exploded. WTH! AND, I was trying to connect a thermal plant to the base with power transmitters, and they won't work in Freedom mode either! (add Freedom mode to bullet-point 2 above.)
    edited February 2017
    Here, have a Trello:

https://trello.com/unknownworlds

EDIT: You want the Roadmap, most likely. Each column is a release.
    -I can build a T or X -base to the wall of the moonpool which has modification station builtin resulting the loss of it.
    Lag spikes frequently top 50 seconds each when travelling between bases, on a powerful gaming-type laptop. Unacceptable. Very major issue. Using Alt + Esc during lag to add something here causes the game to bind the mouse pointer to the crosshair and show as "Not Responding" until I click away.
    Noticed that, but I thougt it was between biomes, cause my base built on a border of safe and kelp forest
    • Opening either lockers or the inventory frequently has a grey-ish film over the whole screen while viewing that makes things harder to see. This film is also strongly affected by Seamoth headlights when checking in front of it.
    • Walking across a moonpool-docked Seamoth sometimes lets you walk to other side (storage-side to upgrades,) but the PRAWN suit always results in falling through into the water.
    • Docking a PRAWN suit into the Cyclops sometimes results in the Cyclops listing badly to the side and sliding in that direction sideways (until it gets pinned against a rock or other solid object.) This one is fixed only by undocking the PRAWN and reloading the game, for me.
    • The PRAWN suit always gets stuck on any plant I walk around (even as small as a SINGLE acid mushroom or gel sack.) Come on! Just make the crappy suit pick up its feet at least a foot (or 1/2 meter.) and I'd be happy. It just drags its feet on every little thing! :|
    • Saving while in the Seamoth or PRAWN suit, then exiting the game will result in the player being ejected from them upon reloading (This one is an annoyance kind of issue, unless near a thermal vent, etc. then it becomes very frustrating.)
    • There is no warning (like for the "approaching max. depth" warning) for nearing the Aurora radiation zone. I was in deep water piloting the Cyclops, then noticed my health at 30. Scrambled to get the rad-suit on before I cooked! ;)
    • Silver is in WAY too short of supply. I have more than a full locker or so just of gold alone (from sandstone) and No spare silver.
    • The front of the post-explosion Aurora in many places is currently a maze of clip-through walls, floors, and beams. I found that you can see into many of the Aurora rooms from the outside very easily, but the player can get lost thinking "Which walls do I have to pass through again to get out of this tangled mess?" You can't go "into" or "out of" the walls of the "correct" rooms, just around them, so it's easy to think something is an entrance when its really just an x-ray wall. Other visually solid walls nearby can be passed through.
    • I think click-boxes for actions were mentioned above, but I'd add the Mobile Vehicle Bay, Waterproof Lockers, and Creepvines to the tweak list.
    Can confirm those.
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Here, have a Trello:

https://trello.com/unknownworlds

EDIT: You want the Roadmap, most likely. Each column is a release.

I know how Trello works :| Btw, I was counting the ratio of performance/bug issues and new-items/shaders/graphics "fluff" etc. At least 2/3 - 3/4 of the items on the lists for to-to, doing, and done had absolutely nothing to do with the issues mentioned above or similar bug issues. The vast majority were basically storyline, items, or graphics. That would normally be fine, but when you can't even power a base underwater, there's absolutely no point to have those items.

Why have a thermal generator if it can't be connected to anything? Why add the Ghost Leviathan later if the torpedo bay doesn't work? Why draw the lid on a moonpool-docked PRAWN suit if you can't walk on it? Why have a 50/50 sandstone split of gold and silver if most late-game items require a LOT of silver and only 3 require gold? Why have walls on a base near surface level if the waves are visible inside? Why allow the game to save in a vehicle in general if it's just going to kick you out later? Why make wrecks separate entities in the map if it can reload them on top of themselves? Why focus on how "Pretty" a game looks and the color tweaks when it moves sometimes like an 1890s stop-motion film? :/

Basically, why make the game look great (which it does,) when it's so buggy that it becomes frustrating (the basic game experience is broken.) There's a lot of hype going around, but none of it can cover over the fact that they should be further along on these major issues.

The Steam rating shows "Very Positive" at the moment, but that's a lie. If you look at the positive votes:
    • Summary of one: I can't log in because it's broken, but I'm voting up because of [YouTuber name] making lets play episodes
    • "Stable, very consistent" (yeah, keep telling yourself that)
    • "I cannot stress enough when I say that this game is 'Early Access'. That means that bugs, crashes and other errors, breakage and various problems are to be viewed as 'business as usual'" ... After 2 years, it's no longer "business as usual," its an excuse.
    • "Everyone talks about how it's early access, bugs, blah blah blah. If you're reading this review, you know about all that." blah blah blah? Really? There are terrible issues here!
    • "My game started to lag real bad around 10 hours in." and "I repeat the process every 5 hours or so," (the cache-clearing procedure) Why is this a vote UP?

And many others excusing everything to "Early Access" or being as unhelpful as "It's a great game" and that's it.
    If you want to look at a list of bugs, both living and deceased, try the Playtesting Trello. The fixed bugs are on the far right, and are (as you probably know) sorted into columns by release.
  • FrustratedFrustrated Join Date: 2016-11-04 Member: 223643Members
    edited February 2017
    @JetStream90
    I know you are having lots of issues, and I've had my fair share too. Not everyone has your issues though. So you can moan your bugs (as we all do) but don't assume everyone has the same experience. This last week or so has been awesome, my lag seems to have gone, I don't have seamoth issues, my terrain all loads, even the once per second mini-lag has gone. I don't recognise the last set of issues you posted. Fingers crossed it stays like that.

I'm sure the devs have to balance fixing bugs with completing the game. Most likely they can fix one thing and it breaks something else. It's a work in progress. If it bothers you so much and you can't fix it from 0x6A7232's sig-athon, then maybe it might be worth you doing a complete reinstall or waiting for v1?
  • ant_fioant_fio Join Date: 2017-01-26 Member: 227275Members
    edited February 2017
    I've seen only one duped wreck since my last restart, so three cheers for Jonas - and there's yet another checkin to address the dupes since I saw that one. It's getting better, and imo, quite rapidly. I'm hopeful that they'll someday address some of their weird control decisions as bugs and that I'm not alone in my crusade against inventories opening themselves stupidly, but for right now, I'm satisfied to see them optimizing the game in (far) more important aspects, such as smoother FPS, loading, graphical abnormalities and things that people other than me are far more consistently plagued by. Crashes especially.

Consequently, since I'm the only forum poster I've seen trying to get someone's attention on the inventory thing, I assume I'm in the minority of people who even care. But I still want them to address it, because I want this game to be oh-so-polished. I wish it were pristine. I look forward to a day when I can say that about Subnautica. "Damn this game is polished". Right now it just isn't there, but I know it will be. I see it happening, watching the checkins daily.
    -bulkheads do not block flooding. I have a MP room w/3 bulkheads and a hatch. The base started to flood in other place and this room was flooded too no matter it was separated by bulkheads from the rest of the base.
    -can't construct bulkheads between MP rooms.
  • Carl_BarCarl_Bar Join Date: 2017-02-03 Member: 227560Members
    -bulkheads do not block flooding. I have a MP room w/3 bulkheads and a hatch. The base started to flood in other place and this room was flooded too no matter it was separated by bulkheads from the rest of the base.

Can you open close the bulkhead? They're quite buggy atm overall and i've seen this mainly when the whole thing bugs out.
    edited February 2017
    I've seen a lot of texturing bugs but that one I've observed for the first time
    https://fotki.yandex.ru/next/users/i66u/album/311697/view/1433026
    The first time I've built plant shelf aboard cyclops I was thrown out through the wall an taken 65% damage :s
    edited February 2017
    Carl_Bar wrote: »

Can you open close the bulkhead? They're quite buggy atm overall and I've seen this mainly when the whole thing bugs out.

Sometimes, when I enter the base through moonpool they won't open.
  • Master_LoganoMaster_Logano Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227759Members
    My subnautica wont load it keeps getting stuck on the page showing the aurora and it says loading entity cells ive let it load for 4 hours and it still didn't work what can I do
  • Master_LoganoMaster_Logano Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227759Members

]My subnautica wont load it keeps getting stuck on the page showing the aurora and it says loading entity cells ive let it load for 4 hours and it still didn't work what can I do

-lost 2 Ion PC during reload of Cyclops. They just disappear from inventory.
    Saved my seamoth in the moonpool of my ghost tree base. When I reloaded it said my seamoth was a greater than allowed depth (1000m on my seamoth), and I almost lost it.

Reloading didn't fix it, but removing and re-adding my depth-thingy did.
    edited February 2017
    Frustrated wrote: »
    Saved my seamoth in the moonpool of my ghost tree base. When I reloaded it said my seamoth was a greater than allowed depth (1000m on my seamoth), and I almost lost it.

Reloading didn't fix it, but removing and re-adding my depth-thingy did.

How did you made your seamoth to have 1000 m depth limit? I could make only 900 m - that's the ceiling of ghost tree cavern.
    edited February 2017

How did you made your seamoth to have 1000 m depth limit? I could make only 900 m - that's the ceiling of ghost tree cavern.

I don't know, it just is! But that would explain the breaking though.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    I too experience this failure of the pressure compensator (only seems to affect seamoth) on reloading a game.
    Myrm wrote: »
    I too experience this failure of the pressure compensator (only seems to affect seamoth) on reloading a game.

Same here on experimental in Prawn suit. Had to exit suit unload pressure compensator and load it again. (and repair suit)