Lifepod 5 Damage

Gunbone_CLGunbone_CL Wisconsin Rapids Wisconsin Join Date: 2016-09-15 Member: 222348Members
Your lifepod in Subnautica id Lifepod 5, so what if there was damage to the lifepod. All the lifepods have proved to suck, so why does ours survive and float perfectly. You guys should let the lifepod be slanted, or at an angle in the water, not floating upright unlike all other lifepods!
make it look like our lifepod is sinking, but it stays above water of course.

Comments

• jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    A dev mention that it survived because the player ejected at the right time
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    Aka they just got very very lucky
  • Gunbone_CLGunbone_CL Wisconsin Rapids Wisconsin Join Date: 2016-09-15 Member: 222348Members
    Yeah, but I think it would be cool if our lifepod would be leaning a little in the water, the inside is damaged, but besides that its perfect, also we know as a fact the lifepods suck, they cant do their job, shown by all the other i think 9 lifepods
    They got destroyed because they were unlucky. One landed near the Aurora with the radation and reapers they died. The rest were taken apart by stalkers and sand sharks.
  • Gunbone_CLGunbone_CL Wisconsin Rapids Wisconsin Join Date: 2016-09-15 Member: 222348Members
    Yeah, Ive been playing since the very beggining of the game, All my youtube channel is is Subnautica for the most part, and since the begginning a lot has been changed for the better, so I shouldnt be complaining, because a lot has been done, and I suggest a lot of small things, and I criticize what happens, but I really shouldnt, I should be happy My lifepod floats XD

I still think it would be cool, it adds a " OH crap My Lifepod", it adds a small bit of scary how am I going to survive, i think
  • Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
    I personally think that being stranded on a water planet with your only shelter being a tiny lifepod is plenty "OH NO HOW WILL I SURVIVE" without needing to make the situation worse.
    Yeah, like I said, I love this game, but of the THOUSANDS of people on the aurora, there is 1 floating lifepod, I made another suggestion saying to have more floating lifepods atleast
    edited January 2017
    I noticed you've been a productive little bee on the forum, yeah.

Anywho, the thing about putting in those floating lifepods... Lifepods would need to be rendered and coded and placed in the environment. That takes time and money. Time and money that could probably be better spent adding things that enrich the game experience. Because right now, the pods are there to facilitate the exploration.

Notice how each pod is in roughly a different area and different biome? They're placed there for a reason. To encourage people to head into different areas, and usually each one has something useful nearby. Like one of the lifepods has a compass, another has the parts of a radiation suit, lifepod 17 is located near a wreck with parts for the bioreactor, battery charger, and mobile vehicle bay.

Plus, each and every one has a PDA detailing the last moments of the people in the pods, to help flesh out the story. Seeding in new lifepods will likely require the writers write more PDA entries, and there's only so many variations of "I hope I get rescued OH NUTBUNNIES AH MY ORGANS" you can write.

So frankly, the amount of lifepods I think we need to find in the game is separate from the amount of lifepods that are actually on the Aurora in-universe. I've just been assuming that the pods say... Hit air pockets, are out beyond the void that they bothered rendering. There are far fewer lifepods in the game than would be on the ship, because we only need to have as many lifepods as will make the game better and more rewarding. If there's too many pods, then finding one isn't really that special, especially if there's nothing in it.
    edited January 2017
    I like being productive!
    I understand it takes time and money, and I support this game to it's max, I've been playing since the month of its early access release in 2014, but I like posting suggestions like this to see what people think about a minor change to the lifepod would do. And yes they could use the money/time in other things, but I throw things out there to make a conversation in the forums.
    It's fun hearing feedback to be honest
    Hey, that passion's good. And it's better than Yet Another Damn Multiplayer Gun Thread.
    I would like multiplayer, but the devs said no, so I'm listening, and now I'm going to bed XD