Graphical Glitch?

Gourmet_GuyGourmet_Guy Ohio Join Date: 2016-06-16 Member: 218647Members
edited January 2017 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
I bit of a strange thing. When I look up out of the water, this happens. Also appears in the Mountain and Floating Island fog.

Goes away if I pull up the F1 menu. Could this be a cause of some lag? How can I fix this?

Image Link -

http://s1160.photobucket.com/user/Anus_Pancakes/media/2017-01-27_00002_zpswv2xjqvw.jpg.html?filters[user]=146132633&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    I bit of a strange thing. When I look up out of the water, this happens. Also appears in the Mountain and Floating Island fog.

Goes away if I pull up the F1 menu. Could this be a cause of some lag? How can I fix this?

[img]file:///F:/Beckwith672016/steamapps/common/Subnautica/SNAppData/SavedGames/slot0003/screenshots/2017-01-27_00002.jpg[/img]

Err... that's not how that works. Upload the file somewhere like TinyPic, Imgur, or Photobucket, and then post the forum sharing link from there.
  • Gourmet_GuyGourmet_Guy Ohio Join Date: 2016-06-16 Member: 218647Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

[img]file:///F:/Beckwith672016/steamapps/common/Subnautica/SNAppData/SavedGames/slot0003/screenshots/2017-01-27_00002.jpg[/img]

Err... that's not how that works. Upload the file somewhere like TinyPic, Imgur, or Photobucket, and then post the forum sharing link from there.

Thanks! Picture Link added.
  • x0Z3ro0xx0Z3ro0x Join Date: 2017-01-25 Member: 227214Members

You can't get a virus from clicking a link, only from downloading something. Since all browsers ask what to do with a download, thats near impossible to do without masking the download as something else. No reason to force users to change their links to something you feel safe with just because you don't know how to stay safe.

Image Link -

http://s1160.photobucket.com/user/Anus_Pancakes/media/2017-01-27_00002_zpswv2xjqvw.jpg.html?filters[user]=146132633&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

Odd indeed, best thing I can say is wait for an update maybe that will fix it. Or you can talk to the devs about it but chances are they are working on it. To be honest I haven't read anything like this, so it very well could be your hardware acting up in relation with the game. Who knows.. hope you get it fixed tho!!
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited January 2017
    x0Z3ro0x wrote: »

You can't get a virus from clicking a link, only from downloading something. Since all browsers ask what to do with a download, thats near impossible to do without masking the download as something else. No reason to force users to change their links to something you feel safe with just because you don't know how to stay safe.

O.o

1) There was no link, as he had posted the local path to the image on his computer, which is not accessible using drive letter paths, and wouldn't even be accessible using his IP address unless he had certain file sharing options enabled within Windows, and a non-NAT IP (most ISPs let 100s of users share a single public IP).

2) Regardless, nothing I said has anything to do with viruses, so why did you bring that up?

3) To add, I usually fly with virus protection off, and haven't been infected in years, so I find your comment highly amusing. ^^ (Although I haven't had to disable the virus scanner since I got an SSD about half a year ago, as my system performance hasn't ever slowed enough to arse me to do it.)