"Flagship Eclipse" : Subnautica Story

Comments

• TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    edited January 2017
    Sampson couldn't have been killed so easily...could he? Dammit, I'm going to be refreshing this thread a lot over the coming days.
    Also, this was ridiculously badass:
    "Sampson tried to jam the knife into my neck, but I turned my head and caught the knife in my mouth; it cut the backs of my lips, making my mouth bleed heavily. I bit down on the knife as if I hadn't felt a thing and pulled it from Sampson's grasp."

• the_marinerthe_mariner US of A Join Date: 2016-12-29 Member: 225653Members
    Sampson couldn't have been killed so easily...could he? Dammit, I'm going to be refreshing this thread a lot over the coming days.
    Also, this was ridiculously badass:
    "Sampson tried to jam the knife into my neck, but I turned my head and caught the knife in my mouth; it cut the backs of my lips, making my mouth bleed heavily. I bit down on the knife as if I hadn't felt a thing and pulled it from Sampson's grasp."

Dear god, I hope he's dead. Otherwise, Otta'll have died for nothing.... :'(
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    Bugzapper wrote: »
    Jamezorg wrote: »
    Just remember that this is very much going to be the Game of Thrones to @Bugzapper 's Lord of the Rings.

Just wanted to put that out there before I post the next few things ;)

You are most kind, Sir. I thank you for the comparison. :)

Your work is excellent, and I applaud your dedication to the objective thus far.

Bear in mind, everyone else has fallen by the wayside at a ridiculously early stage. Your story is engaging and extremely well-written.

I'm definitely going to have to step up my game. Got me some serious competition now.

Keep it up! :)

Woah, thanks :smiley: That means so much coming from you! Or anyone, really :)
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    RIP Lunar Lander. :(
    I always wondered why Sunbeam never noticed the colossal superweapon taking aim at it. Too bad it happened again.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    edited January 2017

"Tary!" He yelled, kneeling in the sand. I looked at him, then Penna.

bss9f6ubhl36.jpg
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    Leonard Braleck
    "Right, and how did that turn out for you?" I was silenced. "The needs of the many, Leonard." He finally ended the conversation, picking himself from his knees and walking back over to his sister.

Yes my philosophy has been subconsciously implanted from the elections, Soon phase 2 will begin.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    and the Rich Clan used illegal tech, and I don't want to suffer the same consequences as they..."

You did it...

You really did it.

Now all you need is something like a PDA with some kind of nuclear program.

But All Of It Is Typed Like This. ;)

• phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    Skope wrote: »
    and the Rich Clan used illegal tech, and I don't want to suffer the same consequences as they..."

You did it...

You really did it.

WHAT PART OF "HE WHO SHAL NOT BE NAMED" DO YOU NOT GET.
    edited January 2017

You did it...

You really did it.

WHAT PART OF "HE WHO SHALT NOT BE NAMED" DO YOU NOT GET.

But he wasn't named. Only alluded to.

You did it...

You really did it.

WHAT PART OF "HE WHO SHALT NOT BE NAMED" DO YOU NOT GET.

But he wasn't named. Only alluded to.

Yes, but Julian is like Roko's Basilisk. If you talk or even think about him, HE WILL COME.
  • BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    Yes, but Julian is like Roko's Basilisk. If you talk or even think about him, HE WILL COME.

This eventuality has been foreseen. An appropriate response has been prepared.

Let IT come.

edited January 2017

"It won't be four days, I found out." I informed. "Closer to a month. Are you okay with that?"

A month?!

How slow are these Cyclops?!

"It won't be four days, I found out." I informed. "Closer to a month. Are you okay with that?"

A month?!

How big's that Aurora? How much of it will they have to search?

Take that month estimate as you will, though, but remember that in the canon of the game everything is a lot bigger than it seems, including the environment and the world, so traversing it would consequently take longer.
    Seth Illan

When approaching this planet I thought it a barren one, and when we 'landed' I had kept that opinion tight to my chest. Then I saw the sights below the waves; the creatures, the scenery, the monsters, a lot that this planet had to offer, and now I was sure that it had much more in store for us.

I travelled with Malla on the Kraken; a Cyclops that Malla sparingly referred to as the Mothership. It housed him, me, Leonard and Zenn. I knew Leonard quite well; he still did not believe I was the one to commit my crimes even after the evidence piled up in front of him like an avalanche. He saved his credits for years and years to free me from my captivity, and he allowed me a high rank in the Federation. Now I knew that it would be because of him that I would be booted from my place. We had stolen a ship against the Captain's order, and none dare go against the Captain's order.

The Kraken sailed slowly. Surrounding it was a shell of Seamoths, piloted by many of our finest fighters and Federation flyers. Its engines whirred behind us, sitting comfortable in the bridge. Malla stood at the wheel, soaring close to the sea floor.

Out of the corner of my eye I caught Penna glaring at me. When she saw my eyes pivot towards her she turned her head back to her panel and continued typing.

"You got a problem?" I asked her; I was genuinely curious. Why would she look at me so sourly without a cause for it. She didn't reply.

"She probably didn't even realise she was staring." Leonard told me. I turned around and scoffed.

"She knew what she was doing. She looked me dead in the eyes, right over the shoulder." I informed. He waved a hand at me and left the conversation as it was.

Then from outside we heard a low and distant rumble that shook the hull of the Kraken and everyone inside. From the murk, behind shoals and clouds of fish we saw something; two things, three things. One monstrous creature slowly drifted overhead, accompanied by three smaller calf.

"Those are Reefbacks." Malla told us.

"I know what they are." I said. "The survivor talked about them quite a bit; a whale and a turtle, carrying an ecosystem on its back."

Zenn rushed into the room. "Reaper?" He asked. I smiled.

"No." I motioned for him to approach. "Reefbacks." I told him.

"How long do you think they can live?" He inquired. "Hundreds, thousands of years? Do you think the fish are different on each one, even only slightly? Do you think they evolved differently on their backs?" I grinned once again. He was in awe of these oceans, and I wish I could have been too. All I wanted to do was leave, but I wish I could have just sat back and been entranced by the creatures and scenery. He smiled along with me. Then I remembered something.

"Zenn, I need to ask you some things." I put my hand on his shoulder and twisted him away from the Captain. "Do you like Malla? Are you happy he's our captain?" His smile was wiped from his face in an instant. He looked me dead in the eye and, clear as day, I could see his answer. He turned his head to look at him, to see if he had heard me; Malla, Penna, Leonard, all of them were still watching the Reefbacks swim. He then turned back to me and quickly shook his head. I smiled, but it wasn't the same glad smile I usually put on. It showed on my mouth, but not in the eyes. I put my hand on his back and lead him into the engine room. "Come on." I said. "We need to talk."
    Seth Illan
    "Zenn, I need to ask you some things." I put my hand on his shoulder and twisted him away from the Captain. "Do you like Malla? Are you happy he's our captain?" His smile was wiped from his face in an instant. He looked me dead in the eye and, clear as day, I could see his answer. He turned his head to look at him, to see if he had heard me; Malla, Penna, Leonard, all of them were still watching the Reefbacks swim. He then turned back to me and quickly shook his head. I smiled, but it wasn't the same glad smile I usually put on. It showed on my mouth, but not in the eyes. I put my hand on his back and lead him into the engine room. "Come on." I said. "We need to talk."

Ohhhhh crap. Resentment in the ranks never ends well. Hopefully, Seth and Zenn come to their senses, seeing as I quite like Malla...

Also, did I miss something regarding Sasha? When and how did she get pregnant?
    edited January 2017
    Also, did I miss something regarding Sasha? When and how did she get pregnant?

Patience, my friend ;)
    Also, all we've really seen of her is her at a dinner table talking about rebelling, and then her talking to Malla from a distance. It would never have really been brought up in these circumstances, but hey, now it's been brought up :)
    Sorry, tiny edit as well: just thought that I'd tell you we won't be exploring it in depth until way, WAY into the future.

A month?!

Take that month estimate as you will, though, but remember that in the canon of the game everything is a lot bigger than it seems, including the environment and the world, so traversing it would consequently take longer.

Ah, thank you for clearing that up.

Sorry if that came off as questioning your authority, please continue.

A month?!

Ah, thank you for clearing that up.

Sorry if that came off as questioning your authority, please continue.

Nah, it's fine :)
    edited January 2017
    Ollos Silver

When Seth appointed me as one of his right hand men I had never felt more honoured, nor had I felt more powerful. Now that I was here, however, in control of an entire island of workers, with my best friend ruling beside me. I felt no satisfaction here. We had lost hundreds in the crash, and I was all that was left. Perhaps I was picked due to being one of the only men left standing after the catastrophe.

This couldn't be it, though.

I and Seth were close friends, brothers almost. When he made landed the ship on Obraxis Prime to pick me and Sellan up I was taken by surprise. He had stopped off at many planets, he said, and picked up more than five hundred. This made me feel even more insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

And now he, our leader and our captain had left us in search of a way off of this planet; out of my leadership. I was fine with being just another normal person, but I couldn't stomach how little time I had spent in charge.

I walked briskly up to Sellan. People told me I waddled like a penguin when I walked, but I couldn't care less. "What do you think they'll find out there?" I asked him. He looked at me sternly. He was older than me; much older. His hair was grey, his chin covered in tiny silver whiskers.

"Death, most likely." I laughed when he said this, but he seemed serious. I looked at him questioningly. "The Survivor didn't say everything was safe here, in fact he implied the opposite. Dragons and snakes and god knows what else. I think they'll die out there. Not to mention our own sanity, and the disease that we could pick up."

"You're right." I gave in. "But if they find what they're looking for and get out quick everything should be just fine." I grinned but again he didn't seem in a joking mood. I looked down and wiped the smirk off of my face. Then we looked down onto the beach. There was shouting erupting from the crowds, and a ring was forming around two people below. The shouting turned to an uproar, and then a chorus as the two inside the circle began punching each other, spilling blood onto the sands.

I raced down the hills and dunes, pushing past the cheering crowds. I reached the middle of the rings and put myself between the two. "What's going on here?" Sellan yelled. They stopped their fighting. They both grinned and failed to respond. "Listen," Sellan carried on. "You either stop your fighting or we make you stop." There was a moment of silence, and then some of the crowd began to giggle, including the two fighters. I looked back to Sellan and he looked to me, embarrassed.

"Alright." One of them said, mockingly raising their hands in surrender.

"You better listen to your leaders." I snapped. Then behind them the crowd parted. Into the ring walked Sasha. The man looked at her and lowered his hands, the grin on his face retreating in an instant. People began leaving the area, including the two involved.

"Looks like you two are doing a god job." She smiled. I wanted to punch her.

"Everyone here needs to learn respect! Including you, Sasha; you have to start respecting us!" More laughing from the crowd, and Sasha grinned. Then she walked away, like everyone else. No one would get anywhere if they didn't learn how leadership worked. We would get no where.

"Look." Sellan put his hand on my shoulder. "Seth spoke to me about something before he left. You can't tell a soul..."
    Ollos Silver

When Seth appointed me as one of his right hand men I had never felt more honoured, nor had I felt more powerful. Now that I was here, however, in control of an entire island of workers, with my best friend ruling beside me. I felt no satisfaction here. We had lost hundreds in the crash, and I was all that was left. Perhaps I was picked due to being one of the only men left standing after the catastrophe.

This couldn't be it, though.

I and Seth were close friends, brothers almost. When he made landed the ship on Obraxis Prime to pick me and Sellan up I was taken by surprise. He had stopped off at many planets, he said, and picked up more than five hundred. This made me feel even more insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

And now he, our leader and our captain had left us in search of a way off of this planet; out of my leadership. I was fine with being just another normal person, but I couldn't stomach how little time I had spent in charge.

I walked briskly up to Sellan. People told me I waddled like a penguin when I walked, but I couldn't care less. "What do you think they'll find out there?" I asked him. He looked at me sternly. He was older than me; much older. His hair was grey, his chin covered in tiny silver whiskers.

"Death, most likely." I laughed when he said this, but he seemed serious. I looked at him questioningly. "The Survivor didn't say everything was safe here, in fact he implied the opposite. Dragons and snakes and god knows what else. I think they'll die out there. Not to mention our own sanity, and the disease that we could pick up."

"You're right." I gave in. "But if they find what they're looking for and get out quick everything should be just fine." I grinned but again he didn't seem in a joking mood. I looked down and wiped the smirk off of my face. Then we looked down onto the beach. There was shouting erupting from the crowds, and a ring was forming around two people below. The shouting turned to an uproar, and then a chorus as the two inside the circle began punching each other, spilling blood onto the sands.

I raced down the hills and dunes, pushing past the cheering crowds. I reached the middle of the rings and put myself between the two. "What's going on here?" Sellan yelled. They stopped their fighting. They both grinned and failed to respond. "Listen," Sellan carried on. "You either stop your fighting or we make you stop." There was a moment of silence, and then some of the crowd began to giggle, including the two fighters. I looked back to Sellan and he looked to me, embarrassed.

"Alright." One of them said, mockingly raising their hands in surrender.

"You better listen to your leaders." I snapped. Then behind them the crowd parted. Into the ring walked Sasha. The man looked at her and lowered his hands, the grin on his face retreating in an instant. People began leaving the area, including the two involved.

"Looks like you two are doing a god job." She smiled. I wanted to punch her.

"Everyone here needs to learn respect! Including you, Sasha; you have to start respecting us!" More laughing from the crowd, and Sasha grinned. Then she walked away, like everyone else. No one would get anywhere if they didn't learn how leadership worked. We would get no where.

"Look." Sellan put his hand on my shoulder. "Seth spoke to me about something before he left. You can't tell a soul..."

*sigh*

Why must everyone make poor decisions about leadership???
    @the_mariner Lack of experience, self-interest, greed and corruption, to name a few reasons.