'BOREALIS RISING' - A Subnautica Story V2.0.

Comments

• BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    Bootz wrote: »
    Truly an amazing story so far dude! Both Borealis Rising and Aurora Falls are incredible stories. I remembered the title of your story during class today, it was very painful to wait until the end of class. I finally got home and immidiatily started my reading marathon.

Keep up the good work, Bugzapper!!
    Also is it okay if I putt all the posts in a document??

Thank you! Glad you're enjoying it.

Please feel free to convert the story posts into a single document. As long as you don't post it on another site without written permission from me and UWE. it's cool. :)

• BootzBootz Netherlands Join Date: 2017-01-24 Member: 227200Members
    Thanks, appreciate it!
  • The2musketeersThe2musketeers Decatur, GA Join Date: 2016-05-04 Member: 216350Members
    This is the best page out of this or Aurora falls, by far! I'm amazed!
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    edited January 2017

I don't know...

Is it better than the first meeting of the Sea Emperor?

What about the unveiling of the Trident tech on Mister Tomar?

And the Rock Puncher, PRAWN suit fighting?

This last page is awesome, don't get me wrong, but there were some pretty amazing that have happened to Selkirk.

I would rate this 8.9 on epic scale. Relatively speaking.
  • the_marinerthe_mariner US of A Join Date: 2016-12-29 Member: 225653Members
    edited January 2017
    Skope wrote: »
    What about the unveiling of the Trident tech on Mister crazy? ( The crazy merc from Aurora Falls, cannot for the life of me remember his name. He fired on the planet, then got blown out of the sky.)

Invigilator Galen Tomar.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    What about the unveiling of the Trident tech on Mister crazy? ( The crazy merc from Aurora Falls, cannot for the life of me remember his name. He fired on the planet, then got blown out of the sky.)

Invigilator Galen Tomar.

Ah, thank you very much.
    edited January 2017

Invigilator Galen Tomar.

Ah, thank you very much.
    No problem, mate.
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    @Bugzapper I've got a question for you.

Do you discovery write? Or have you had this all planned out from when you started Borealis Rising, or even Aurora Falls?
    Jamezorg wrote: »
    @Bugzapper I've got a question for you.

Do you discovery write? Or have you had this all planned out from when you started Borealis Rising, or even Aurora Falls?
    Since Bugzapper started Aurora Falls before the Degasi logs or even the Precursors were implemented, I'm pretty sure that a good deal of Aurora Falls and Borealis Rising were written on the spot.
    edited January 2017
    Since Bugzapper started Aurora Falls before the Degasi logs or even the Precursors were implemented, I'm pretty sure that a good deal of Aurora Falls and Borealis Rising were written on the spot.

Absolutely correct. I've been writing these stories 'on the fly', essentially trying to keep pace with Subnautica's narrative development.

And yes, it has definitely been a 'seat of the pants' experience. Already have an ending mapped out, but we'll see where it goes.

• CalvinTheDiverCalvinTheDiver A place Join Date: 2016-10-08 Member: 222971Members
    Is this the end of Selkirk?!

umn6v0lzu4ss.jpg
    Is this the end of Selkirk?!
    umn6v0lzu4ss.jpg

*chuckles fiendishly*

It depends on what The Voices tell me.

"What was that, George? Becoming too popular, you say? Yeah, okay."
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members

Dammit...

God...
    Dammit...
  • Rooks_NemesisRooks_Nemesis Ontario Join Date: 2016-06-11 Member: 218388Members
    With the explenation of Selkirk losing data and key memories I'm picturing a Bugzapper variant to the movie Multiplicity. Different versions of Selkirk get created, yet each one is a slightly less inferior version of his once fine self.. until eventually were left with a model that's stuffing a slice of peeper anchovie pizza into his wallet....

Now on a serious note, I thought that it would have been Héloise that ends up joining the Selkirk "movement" after being fatally wounded in the assault.

Not to mention that our dear author has allready said that when the bodies are assimilated they lend thier memories into the massive collective that is the "big bad". Polyakov with that much hatred towards Selkirk, Héloise and company was actually given the reigns to his own "creation" who knows what kind of horrors could be awaiting them still.. or if we have actually heard from Polyakov and his blue meanies for the last time?
  • CalvinTheDiverCalvinTheDiver A place Join Date: 2016-10-08 Member: 222971Members
    I regret bumping this
    edited February 2017
    I regret bumping this

Why?
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    Bugzapper wrote: »
    "I love you just as you are." Héloise's eyes twinkled impishly. "Une minute, there is one little thing..."

Little thing..... Hehehehe.....

Stay classy bugzapper.
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    Does Selkirk still have his warranty? Could save a fortune with the repairs, and with the whole memory thing, he should of backed up his drives and saved his documents more, nobody's fault but his own.
    I regret bumping this

Why?

Selkirk's going to die. And I killed him.
  • The2musketeersThe2musketeers Decatur, GA Join Date: 2016-05-04 Member: 216350Members
    Wait, was that really it?

It couldn't have been...

Could it?
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    @Enderguy059 Most appropriate. I thank you.

Manly tears were shed.