Ion Powercells......?

Alrekr_IronhandAlrekr_Ironhand New Hampshire, US Join Date: 2016-03-22 Member: 214677Members
...."Maybe," I think to myself, "they'll hold enough power to make the PRAWN suit viable." I swear the freaking PRAWN suit burns through power cells faster than the Cyclops does.

Comments

• RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    edited January 2017
    are you by chance playing on stable? In experimental I've never run out of energy on my prawn. I've gone out exploring in it for an hour or more and it takes that long in order to even reach 50% charge. Ion Power Cells will have 5x the charge of a normal power cell, just to answer your question. At least that's what the wikia says.
  • SansTheSkelebroSansTheSkelebro Italy Join Date: 2016-04-27 Member: 216071Members
    The Prawn consumes power very slowly, what are you talking about?
  • Xxcookid123xXXxcookid123xX USA Join Date: 2016-12-05 Member: 224587Members
    edited January 2017
    The Prawn consumes power very slowly, what are you talking about?

I agree, it hardly takes any power, and the only thing you need a prawn suit for is really just the ILZ and the ALZ. That's why I made the charge in hot zones upgrade.
  • pie1055pie1055 Join Date: 2016-12-05 Member: 224603Members
    I only play stable and even then it's hard to get PRAWN's power below 50% before I return to my base where I can recharge it.

I've never felt the need to use the thermal reactor upgrade, either. I'm more concerned about falling through the map than running out of energy.
  • SP_KennySP_Kenny Southpark Join Date: 2017-01-22 Member: 227115Members
    pie1055 wrote: »
    I only play stable and even then it's hard to get PRAWN's power below 50% before I return to my base where I can recharge it.

I've never felt the need to use the thermal reactor upgrade, either. I'm more concerned about falling through the map than running out of energy.

I never had a power issue either and as pie1055 said - falling through the map was more of an issue. I have been using the seamoth for 90% of my exploration
  • Alrekr_IronhandAlrekr_Ironhand New Hampshire, US Join Date: 2016-03-22 Member: 214677Members
    Yup, I do all the exploring I can in my Seamoth as well. I only actually tried out the PRAWN suit once, right after the PRAWN update came out, and it seemed like it was sucking power down like water.