Seabase Questions

Excorpion2013Excorpion2013 Chile Join Date: 2016-12-29 Member: 225688Members
Hello guys, im moving deep and i need some info about my seabase
Thanks for helping me with this :smile:
  • What's a good number on Base Resistence ?
  • What's the best Energy Source ?
  • What's the best plant to use as food/energy ?
  • What's the best fish to put in an Alien Containment and Farm it ?
  • What more i need to know ?

Comments

• RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Seabases use that to find base resistance depending on depth.

Solar is good for early base building but Bioreactors, Thermal and Nuclear beat solar. Solar is still viable so long as you have power transmitters, transmitters are helpful seeing as they have a range of 100 meters and you can string them out and spread them out from where you put your solar panels down to where you got your base. Bioreactors are probably the second type of energy production you'll get as they're easy to find at wrecks. Thermal is good depending on the temperature of the water it's put it, closer to volcanic vents and black smokers the better energy production. Nuclear is the top tier at the moment.

best plants in my opinion is marble melon, they give 22 food and 15 water, but there are others use the wikia ;)

Ampeel and Crabsnake are good to put into alien containment to throw into your bioreactor both produce 800-900 energy and you throw a bunch of those in there and the thing will be set for a long time. Reginald are considered the best fish to farm as they give the most food points from any fish.
  • Excorpion2013Excorpion2013 Chile Join Date: 2016-12-29 Member: 225688Members
    Yeah, i read the Hull Integrity
    but i dont get the idea...

If im at 500mts, im ok with a Base with 50 points on resistence ??
    What about 1000, 1500, 2000 ??
  • starkaosstarkaos Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215139Members
    As long as Hull Integrity is over 0, then it should be good. Above 0 and the base is nice and stable while below 0 will cause various ruptures in the base that need to be welded and the base to start taking on a ton of water. Foundations, Bulkheads, and Reinforcement Walls are all ways to improve the Hull Integrity and are fixed at any depth. However, items that reduce integrity like Windows and Observatories increase its reduction the farther down you are. So a Window might reduce integrity by 1 in shallow water, but by 2 at 1100 meters. So building a base at 1000 meters just means that you need more reinforcement, but not worrying about +50 integrity unless future expansion is going to happen. Some people have mentioned that their larger bases were their base was flooding above 0, but that seems to be a bug.

Lantern Fruit is easier to use since you just need to plant them once while Marblemelons require remembering that one plant needs to be cut for seeds everytime they are harvested. Bulbo Trees and Koosh Bushes are a good source of water with +3 Food and +10 Water. Peepers and Reginalds are good fish to farm.

There is a Water Filtration Machine blueprint in the first underwater abandoned base. It produces 2 Salt and 2 Big Filtered Water every 30 minutes, but it is a huge power hog and requires about 5 Solar Panels at the surface to satisfy its hunger. 2 Big Filtered Water provides 100 Water in total.

If you want to harvest Creepvine in your Alien Containment or Exterior Growbed, plant Creepvine Seed Clusters since you can harvest Creepvine Seed Clusters and Creepvine Sample instead of planting Creepvine Sample which can only harvest Creepvine Sample from it. Also, planting Creepvine Seed Clusters is a decent sign for your base if you don't build Beacons.
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    Yeah, i read the Hull Integrity
    but i dont get the idea...

If im at 500mts, im ok with a Base with 50 points on resistence ??
    What about 1000, 1500, 2000 ??

Your ability to stay above 0 HI is already dependent on the depth, so no matter where you build, all you have to do is stay above 0 HI.