More customization options for the Multipurpose room

lucashc90lucashc90 Brazil Join Date: 2017-01-05 Member: 226176Members
I was seeing some conceptual art of Subnautica the other day. Apparently, the Multipurpose room was planned to be able to have a glass dome fitting to both its top and bottom, like a giant observatory. It also appers they have planned longer rooms, so (to save time, models and all for the devs) we should be able to place Multipurpose rooms directly next to each other, creating "Multipurpose corridors": conecting 2 rooms not only by tubes, but with other rooms as well.

I would love to see something like that, but also, if there is 4 spaces for ladders on it, why can't we just build vertical tubes right out of those spots? I get that the problem could be the placement not being well aligned with other structures, but why not at the middle of the room at the very least? (think of a giant underwater cake stick/lollipop)

The walls of the Multipurpose room are also very large, they would be good placements for the bulkhead on land bases.

Only some ideas I had (that I think wouldn't require much effort from the devs to work, as they could litteraly reuse already existing models), what you guys think?

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Post v1.0, sure. Modelling might not require much effort, but they have to be coded with attach points and how much base health to take, where to spring leaks when damaged, etc etc etc. I'm sure they'll do stuff like this after 1.0 is out the door (maybe before if they have time).
  • lucashc90lucashc90 Brazil Join Date: 2017-01-05 Member: 226176Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Modelling might not require much effort, but they have to be coded with attach points and how much base health to take, where to spring leaks when damaged, etc etc etc.

Yeah, I know, but its half the battle done already.
    edited April 2018
    Sooo... I came back playing and I still want those glass panels! :D

I see this post didn't get much attention but I still wonder if my idea of "multipurpose corridors" sits well with you guys.
    I think now that the game has finally came out and we even have a DLC on the making these would be a must have and not that complex to be done!
    978plnuxf1mm.png
    bc1e9e8448afa6a424ad41ace9492e55.jpg
    Another adition to the multipurpose room ,straight up from the devs!
    20150927_SN_News_HydroponicsConcept_Small.jpg
    I also hope that if anything is added on the new DLC it would also be added on the main game.
  • ResilientPanda0ResilientPanda0 Join Date: 2017-10-02 Member: 233359Members
    I like the clip art for it I really hope it is added to the game sometime during the Arctic DLC
  • BasileusMaximosBasileusMaximos Join Date: 2018-04-23 Member: 240257Members
    edited April 2018
    I actually have an idea for a complete overhaul of the multi-purpose rooms.

Multi-purpose rooms should have a list of purposes that can be used to modify the room after they are built, making them look more interesting with custom props and cool animations like the moonpool. For instance, a dedicated storage facility which automatically catagorizes a sorts items, or a food room with tiered grow beds and special fishtank which houses fish, purifies water, and uses the salt from the water to dry the fish.

You can still make your own rooms, indeed you would need to as all these rooms would come from data boxes. But they would not look as nice, lack special feature, and all around just not be as efficient.
    I actually have an idea for a complete overhaul of the multi-purpose rooms.

Multi-purpose rooms should have a list of purposes that can be used to modify the room after they are built, making them look more interesting with custom props and cool animations like the moonpool. For instance, a dedicated storage facility which automatically catagorizes a sorts items, or a food room with tiered grow beds and special fishtank which houses fish, purifies water, and uses the salt from the water to dry the fish.

You can still make your own rooms, indeed you would need to as all these rooms would come from data boxes. But they would not look as nice, lack special feature, and all around just not be as efficient.

Not that your idea isn't good, its great actually, but mine was made to be a simple addition that wouldn't require too much work for the devs to implement while your would take a DLC on its own to implement... unfortunately I can't see they doing either very soon...
  • ryansearcyakryansearcyak Alaska Join Date: 2018-03-01 Member: 238451Members
    I think it would be cool for stacked compartments (like any of the non-glass compartments and the multipurpose rooms) to allow a feature for the upper level to have a grated floor, so that you can see the next room from above or below (especially for stacked multipurpose rooms that also have stacked Alien Containment. No changes would be necessary for the flooding mechanics, because stacked floors connected by a ladder will still flood because of the obvious hole the player would go through.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    I think it would be cool for stacked compartments (like any of the non-glass compartments and the multipurpose rooms) to allow a feature for the upper level to have a grated floor, so that you can see the next room from above or below (especially for stacked multipurpose rooms that also have stacked Alien Containment. No changes would be necessary for the flooding mechanics, because stacked floors connected by a ladder will still flood because of the obvious hole the player would go through.

That could add on to this mod by incorporating the window building mechanics into the floors of those rooms.