So i turn around and i thought about to use the perimeter defense system on it
i know that doesnt work, but i was looking for the attack of the Ampeel

Suddenly when i turn to Ram it and shock it
The Ampeel just open a portal and enter on it
the portal and the Ampeel just dissappear after that

I dont know if was an Infected Ampeel or not
cause this happen in just a few seconds... si didnt notice it

Comments

• Excorpion2013Excorpion2013 Chile Join Date: 2016-12-29 Member: 225688Members
    My current position (where the Ampeel was)
    is...
    (Camera world position)
    -1043.0 , -180.6 , -536.2 / BloodKelp

• RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    What Morph_Guy said.
  • Excorpion2013Excorpion2013 Chile Join Date: 2016-12-29 Member: 225688Members
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Probably the way future creature attacks will happen and how the Precursors finished off all Aurora survivors with the exception of the player:

First a few warpers warp in and then warp in an armada of creatures. The creatures destroy the base and then the warpers warp them back. The warpers acting as Precursor executives destroyed one Aurora survivor after the other and the player will be dealt with at last.

This method needs no behaviour change for standart creature behaviour. And its easy to script that kind of attack into the game.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    zetachron wrote: »
    Probably the way future creature attacks will happen and how the Precursors finished off all Aurora survivors with the exception of the player:

First a few warpers warp in and then warp in an armada of creatures. The creatures destroy the base and then the warpers warp them back. The warpers acting as Precursor executives destroyed one Aurora survivor after the other and the player will be dealt with at last.

This method needs no behaviour change for standart creature behaviour. And its easy to script that kind of attack into the game.

I'll be curious to see why the player escaped being killed by the warpers as they were hunting down survivors .... we were unconscious and easy target so why were'nt we killed as well? :wink:
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    What Morph_Guy said.

What Requiemfang said :D
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Myrm wrote: »
    What Morph_Guy said.

What Requiemfang said :D

What Myrm said. ;)
    I wonder how long this chain is going to last?
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    What TenebrousNova said what Skope said what Myrm said what Requiemfang said what Morph_Guy said.
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    Jamezorg wrote: »
    What TenebrousNova said what Skope said what Myrm said what Requiemfang said what Morph_Guy said.

What Jamezorg said
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    Rainstorm wrote: »

I'll be curious to see why the player escaped being killed by the warpers as they were hunting down survivors .... we were unconscious and easy target so why were'nt we killed as well? :wink:

Maybe the player survived because they were unconscious? Something like: the defenses located survivors by mental activity and killed them, but by being knocked out, you didn't register. Then you woke up and you dodged the main search and destroy action. Now they've mostly returned to patrol, and the system hasn't reactivated to kill just one target, or was only a follow-up to the cannon action.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    EvilSmoo wrote: »

Maybe the player survived because they were unconscious? Something like: the defenses located survivors by mental activity and killed them, but by being knocked out, you didn't register. Then you woke up and you dodged the main search and destroy action. Now they've mostly returned to patrol, and the system hasn't reactivated to kill just one target, or was only a follow-up to the cannon action.

The fire in the pod may have helped to mask vital signs as well.
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members

What Jamezorg said

What @subnauticambrian said

The most simple explanation would be pure luck or point of view:
    If 100 people are targeted and shot down, the last survivor can always simply have had the luck to be last or there could be a reason. Usually the press and people want to hear amazing stories from the last survivor how he did better than the others and pure luck (or the explanation that there will always have to be 1 last one) isn't something the people want to hear.

As far as I listened to the radio of other Aurora members in trouble while hearing the Sunbeam rescue messages, I come to the conclusion that you are simply the last Precursor target left over just before the Sunbeam arrives. Then you start exploring the Precursor gun and get enough clues where to go next. Then probably the creature base attacks should kick in, but it takes dev time to implement them. You are also quite mobile by the time then and difficult to target now.
  • forcesinbalanceforcesinbalance Join Date: 2017-01-22 Member: 227130Members
    I don't think it was anything as coordinated as massed warper attacks. The warpers are the remnants of a containment system that was overwhelmed when it was new. People in other lifepods weren't hunted down; they died when their pods crashed or burned, or landed in areas with more aggressive predators or dangerous conditions. The player character just had the luck to land alive in a relatively safe area.

The warpers, intimidating as they can be, aren't well suited to hunting sapient, mobile targets.
    I don't think it was anything as coordinated as massed warper attacks. The warpers are the remnants of a containment system that was overwhelmed when it was new. People in other lifepods weren't hunted down; they died when their pods crashed or burned, or landed in areas with more aggressive predators or dangerous conditions. The player character just had the luck to land alive in a relatively safe area.

The warpers, intimidating as they can be, aren't well suited to hunting sapient, mobile targets.

The warpers aren't there to attack by themselves very much. They warp in other creatures like the Ampeel, Crabsquid, Reaper and other aggressive creatures, wait until it's all over and then warp them back again, including themselves. As the creatures behaviour is pure aggression there is no other coordination needed than massively warping in those aggressors.
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    edited January 2017

They warp in other creatures like the Ampeel, Crabsquid, Reaper

:open_mouth:

Reaper

AAAAAAAAAH
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Is this true?
  • LordPotatoTheXXXVIIILordPotatoTheXXXVIII Wasilla, AK Join Date: 2017-01-03 Member: 226007Members

They warp in other creatures like the Ampeel, Crabsquid, Reaper

:open_mouth:

Reaper

AAAAAAAAAH
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Is this true?
    I don't think so... thought I heard somewhere that they cannot teleport reapers and sea dragons on your face... I'm scared now.

What Jamezorg said

What @subnauticambrian said

What Casual_Player said