"Flagship Eclipse" : Subnautica Story

Comments

• JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    Skope wrote: »
    Am I the only one who is just waiting for Sampson to get an eyeful of the Reaper, and then get shoved down its gullet.

For some reason, this guy just makes me angry. He's like that serious teacher in secondary school, the one who everyone hates.
    Also, little spelling mistake.
    Jamezorg wrote: »
    "Don't bloody tough anything!" I yelled.
    Am I the only one who is just waiting for Sampson to get an eyeful of the Reaper, and then get shoved down its gullet.

For some reason, this guy just makes me angry. He's like that serious teacher in secondary school, the one who everyone hates.
    Also, little spelling mistake.
    "Don't bloody tough anything!" I yelled.

I definitely agree with you there, Sampson does kinda piss me off...
    Speaking of little spelling mistakes:
    She was clearly nstill not in the right frame of mind,

I think I have a problem
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    That's brutal and awesome. Let's hope Zenn happened to take a backwards glance just in time for a heroic rescue! I wonder if they realise there's a reaper leviathan living just off the other side of the island.
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    edited January 2017
    A second before I reached the island I spotted a small fish swimming towards me. It wore armour, and resembled a dolphin as it swam. As it got closer I realised it was much more than a small fish. It had teeth as sharp as razors, and eyes as green as emeralds. Its armour was a dark brown and grey, and it was quick; very quick. I noticed more and more appearing around me, from beneath and above, left and right. Behind them I saw a wreck, crossing between two islands like a bridge. I began to swim towards it.

The bonesharks... they're learning!
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    A second before I reached the island I spotted a small fish swimming towards me. It wore armour, and resembled a dolphin as it swam. As it got closer I realised it was much more than a small fish. It had teeth as sharp as razors, and eyes as green as emeralds. Its armour was a dark brown and grey, and it was quick; very quick. I noticed more and more appearing around me, from beneath and above, left and right. Behind them I saw a wreck, crossing between two islands like a bridge. I began to swim towards it.

The stalkers... they're LEARNING!!!!

Don't you mean the bonesharks? ;)
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members

Ah, you're right. For some reason there I was under the impression that the creatures jamezorg described were stalkers, plated in scrap metal. I must've been more tired than I thought when I read that...
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    edited January 2017

Ah, you're right. For some reason there I was under the impression that the creatures jamezorg described were stalkers, plated in scrap metal. I must've been more tired than I thought when I read that...

They couldn't be plated in metal, they would look more like this with the way they pick up scrap metal

w867dsum2kf9.jpg
    I for one would love to see fan art of stalkers wearing scrap metal as armour.
  • the_marinerthe_mariner US of A Join Date: 2016-12-29 Member: 225653Members

Huh. I actually thought they were Sandsharks at first.
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    I don't know if this is the effect of roleplaying with the FMMA on the Elections thread for too long, but I can't help but feel how idiotic some of this characters are. Risking thenselves in such a way just because a guy they don't like "has more tech than they"? I though the fabricator was for communal use, not exclusive to the captain. Ironically, looks like Sampson is the only one really trying to survive here. Others are just being angry that he's focusing on it. I finding myself really liking Sampson, and expecting for the idealists to face the Reaper.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Yep.

I hate Sampson.
    Zenn Codett
    "Only if you swear your loyalty to me, and abandon your free will. You will be mine, and do as I command." he was crazed. I panicked.

"Yes, yes, whatever you say I do!" I yelled. He took the knife from my throat.

"You aren't the first to try and kill me." he whispered. I looked at Penna and Otta, and how they did everything Sampson asked. I knew what he meant.

Fifty shades of subnautica.

i will never write the same way again...
    edited January 2017
    Jesus, this is insane. Zenn seems to be the only one here with any sanity; everyone else is blindly following Sampson even when it's clear he's BLATANTLY unfit for command. Clearly, he's cracked under the pressure.

Kudos to Zenn for trying to gut him in his sleep.
    I'd imagine Sampson's going to have a fun surprise when that Alterran "rescue" ship arrives.
    I kind of want to see something along the lines of a group separation.

Something like Zenn, Tary, Otta, and Penna find an ion crystal, go through the teleporter on the island, and make a base of operations on the Floater Island.

All the while, Sampson stays on the Mountain Island, slowly drifting into complete insanity, as he blames the rest of the crew for no rescue coming. And he actively tries to kill them.

Just remember that this is very much going to be the Game of Thrones to @Bugzapper 's Lord of the Rings.

Just wanted to put that out there before I post the next few things ;)

Something like Zenn, Tary, Otta, and Penna find an ion crystal, go through the teleporter on the island, and make a base of operations on the Floater Island.

All the while, Sampson stays on the Mountain Island, slowly drifting into complete insanity, as he blames the rest of the crew for no rescue coming. And he actively tries to kill them.

Just remember that this is very much going to be the Game of Thrones to @Bugzapper 's Lord of the Rings.

Aww, really? I'll get the headstones ready.
    kqkibe9fhsyv.jpg

Why you gotta toy with our emotions like this?

• SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members

For those of you who don't know what this means, I'll give you a statistic.

In Lord of the Rings, about 25+ die in the series.

In Game of Thrones, about 700+ die in the series.

So @subnauticambrian's depiction is quite accurate.
    I limped back over to the two. As I approached they both stopped their conversations and turned to me. I felt honoured. I looked at them dead in the eyes; even Zenn.

"Do you really take orders from him still?" I asked.

"No." Otta snapped.

"No sir." Zenn added. Each of them smiled, and I admit, I did too.

Ohhhhhh yes. Finally, someone has the spine to stand up to Sampson and his lunacy. This is going to get interesting.
    I like how Zenn has gone from wanting to flay Malla alive to supporting him as a leader. He realises that it's better to stick together as a group.

Oh, yes. I love the potential to this idea. The survivors hiding from a deranged man in their sabotaged sea base, with the glint of emergency lighting reflecting from his diamond blade.
    edited January 2017
    Um. Okay.

What the fuck?? What the actual FUCK??

Well, now Otta's dead. You weren't kidding when you said this was Game of Thrones.
    Dang.

That, that was dark.

Also, as @subnauticambrian said earlier

Why you gotta toy with our emotions like this?