Favorite Biome to Build a Base and why?

TheChefTheChef Michigan Join Date: 2016-12-23 Member: 225388Members
edited January 2017 in Subnautica on Consoles
I just like to get other people's opinions about where they like to build a base. Personally I'm loving the Blood Kelp Trench. It's just really dark and creepy and there's an abundance of quartz and uran crystals. And I like the way the blood kelp looks outside of windows.

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    On a border between as many biomes as possible. Like, Safe Shallows, Grassy Plateaus, and Kelp Forest, next to an entrance to the Jelly Shroom Caves.
  • TheChefTheChef Michigan Join Date: 2016-12-23 Member: 225388Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    On a border between as many biomes as possible. Like, Safe Shallows, Grassy Plateaus, and Kelp Forest, next to an entrance to the Jelly Shroom Caves.

That is my usual starting base before I go deep sea.
  • TheChefTheChef Michigan Join Date: 2016-12-23 Member: 225388Members
    yp09ecva6c0i.jpg

This is why I love the blood kelp trench
  • CAPSHAWCAPSHAW Nevada Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222692Members
    I build mine right on the border of the Mushroom Forest and the Aurora. It is centrally located on the map. There is scrap metal, quartz, lithium, and cargo everywhere. Every time I log in, its a short ride to the Aurora for Nutrient Blocks. The only issue is the Leviathan, but as long as you a have a moonpool you're safe.
  • WinterholdKnightWinterholdKnight Join Date: 2017-01-10 Member: 226503Members
    I like being safe and seeing the environment with sunlight. The fish and the corals are also very colourful in that area so that's nice. The only problem is that I have to go far to find advanced materials for pretty much anything, so like many people I made several bases.
    But the safe shallows are my favourite place to be :)
  • Crewman87Crewman87 Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224967Members
    I like Grand Reef about 50~100m down. Only because I like looking down to the bottomless abyss.
  • Crewman87Crewman87 Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224967Members
    I like being safe and seeing the environment with sunlight.

I've had a leviathan bother me in safe shallows before. I will forever not feel safe there haha.
  • BlindGuardianBlindGuardian Canada Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217604Members
    Safe Shallows is always my go to spot. When I first got the game I claimed the area that is sort of a hill that leads down to the grassy plateaus. I usually build around there, hard to explain but it's near a crashed pod.

I usually have that area as my main base and I might set up a small place if I plan to stay out for awhile, though I usually pack tons of batteries and only take my cyclops on planned adventures.
  • LordSingulothLordSinguloth Join Date: 2017-01-19 Member: 226955Members
    Rather like the kelp forest myself, I just think it's a gorgeous area and I like looking out the window while I chill and take a bong rip

Also the pink mushroom caves for creative, same reason kek
  • SubnauticaiscoolSubnauticaiscool Join Date: 2019-08-20 Member: 254381Members
    Ich nehme für gewöhnlich den pilzwalt neben der Aurora weil sie an vielen boomen grenzt
  • CristofCristof Join Date: 2016-11-10 Member: 223778Members
    I always build a quick one room base below my lifepod as soon as I can, mostly for storage, but as soon as I can I go get the multipurpose room blueprint I will deconstruct and relocate to the red grass plains near kelp forests. Gives me access to most of your basic needs til you can get your cyclops mobile base going.
  • Expololer_PLExpololer_PL KIELCE Join Date: 2019-08-22 Member: 254404Members
    i like 100m down beacuse i like under very under water bases
  • subnautica_4_lifesubnautica_4_life USA Join Date: 2019-12-02 Member: 256086Members
    I think for practical reasons safe shallows is the best but just building a base in the lava zone is so cool.