Some Ideas and Suggestions after Playing (Some Spoilers)

GeckomanGeckoman Germany Join Date: 2017-01-12 Member: 226594Members
edited January 2017 in Ideas and Suggestions
-Silver ist to rare compared to Gold (i have a lot of Gold i don't need but constantly to few Silver (maybe replace Silver in the Shale blocks instead of Gold)).
-the Moonpool ist in my opinion ab bit to hard to get. (maybe add Moopool to the Aurora loot)
-Storywise somone got from the jelly cave base to the kelb forest and back which ist without an seamoth (or no there are is no evidence of it), also the building the base would be quite hard without it maybe place an old moonpool
here (in fact maybe in ervery base) (and seamoth parts?)
-New habitat compartment nutrient block maker. Machine similar to the water filtration machine which makes nutrient blocks from 2 salt ( matches the salt you get from water filtration) and fish/vegetables
worth xy food. Similar to the bioreactor.
-the possibility to repair/recycle used items like knifes, fire extinguishers, storage boxes (new station ?).
-The possibility to deconstruct/repair the abandoned Seabases (maybe unlocked after you find all the PDAs in the associated base and/or "cleaning" Tool for all the debries) .
-The ability for Scanner Room to scan for thermal hot spots (for the thermal plants) and/or Wrecks already in the game.
-The Rad Suite at the lifepod (from the signal) missed an part (gloves or helmet) or i didn't find it.
-2 Tech slots for signals, temp., compas, scanner room link is a bit low, maybe an upgrade for more (gloves?)
-I had problems to walk around in an multipurpose room with an alien containment unit, maybe make the multipurpose room a bit bigger.
-glass floor/ceiling for the multipurpose room (especially nice if you stack them)

and l finally wanted to thank you for the efford, time and love you put in the game which make it one of the best games i kown.

Comments

• moronwsubmarinemoronwsubmarine Austin, TX Join Date: 2016-12-16 Member: 225030Members
    - Silver availability is getting boosted 2x. Meanwhile, search Kelp caves, search lava vents in the Safe Shallows, get the Scanner Room from the Deep Grand Reef.
    - Yeah I kinda agree Moonpool is too hard. I would make the moonpool easier to find and have the Vehicle Upgrade Station require some more exotic materials - maybe aluminum oxide, so that way there is a progression once you find the pool to the upgrade modules. I would also suggest making the Power Cell Charger wreck in the Mushroom Forest easier to find - add a trail of debris from the Lifepod near the Mushroom Tree for example. That way there is a nice progression from Seamoth with no chargers, Power Cell Chargers, Moonpool, Vehicle Upgrade Station.
    - It's pretty easy to get to the jellyshroom caves with just a seaglide and a couple of air tanks. Also, pipes are a thing, maybe the Degrassi crew used pipes to get to the caves. Also, you can eat bladderfish for a bit of extra oxygen. I'm sure Marguerit figured that out. :)
    - I'd like a Nutrient Block Compactor station too. 2 fish, 2 crops, 2 salt. Yum!
    - Old regular knives can be upgraded at the modification station. It would be nice if the thermoblade didn't wear out, and just used battery packs. It would allow for more player flexability - knife that needs battery packs but cooks food, or an ultra durable knife that lasts a long time?
    - Refurbing the seabases would be interesting, but I don't think it's necessary since there is so much space.
    - I swear I saw a temperature option for my Scanner Room. I'll check again. I'm on Experimentals.
    - There should be two parts outside, and one inside the lifepod. Rad suits are cheap to make though.
    - I assume you meant gloves? Yeah, it would be nice if the scanner room upgrade was implemented as special gloves with a watch attachment, and the thermometer/compass as PDA upgrades (with its own slots, and the ping manager could be an upgrade as well).
    - Glass ceilings/floors would be nice.
  • moronwsubmarinemoronwsubmarine Austin, TX Join Date: 2016-12-16 Member: 225030Members
    edited January 2017
    Yep, Scanner now has a HeatArea option, although anything warm in range of your scanner room you should be able to hear. :)

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|2048:1152&composite-to%3D%2A%2C%2A%7C2048%3A1152&background-color=black
  • GeckomanGeckoman Germany Join Date: 2017-01-12 Member: 226594Members
    Yes i meant gloves (not glowes) as it was before i corrected it.
    Also i missed the Radsuite gloves (1 of 3 parts) too times already (had to start a new game after accidentally deleting my save files)
    And i just found an wreck option in the scanner room, maybe it shows only what is in range.
    I know i can make my old knifes to upgraded versions similar to 2 batterys (0%) upgrade to 1 Powercell (100%) :D