Bigger Submarine Concept - My own 3D model

Comments

• DominantReverseDominantReverse North Yorkshire, UK Join Date: 2016-12-29 Member: 225698Members
    I see those 4 circles on the side. Since we are getting Cyclops docking, I forsee that if you add 2 of them, or even just 1, you can dock a Cyclops. It could be possible that you make it say "Warning [SUB NAME] cannot move whilst a Cyclops is docked" if there are errors in having a Cyclops attached to the side when you move, or just general navigation errors?
  • DominantReverseDominantReverse North Yorkshire, UK Join Date: 2016-12-29 Member: 225698Members
    They Might Make Another Version. One That Is Multi Player. Kinda Like Don't Starve Together.
    Last I checked, they said that they want to add it, but are stuck at an impasse between making it SP only, adding co-op (not Multiplayer) after 1.0 as a stretch goal or hiring a second team to convert the current game to a co-op standalone (like DST)
  • YouKnowMeYouKnowMe Planet 4546B Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203468Members
    I see those 4 circles on the side. Since we are getting Cyclops docking, I forsee that if you add 2 of them, or even just 1, you can dock a Cyclops. It could be possible that you make it say "Warning [SUB NAME] cannot move whilst a Cyclops is docked" if there are errors in having a Cyclops attached to the side when you move, or just general navigation errors?

I like to think those circles are escape pods, 2 seats (like the original you start in), but this time not meant for orbital use(?)
  • mistermanbruhmistermanbruh netherlands Join Date: 2016-12-21 Member: 225293Members
    YouKnowMe wrote: »

I like to think those circles are escape pods, 2 seats (like the original you start in), but this time not meant for orbital use(?)

no they are a bit smaller, i am trying to make a small model in tinkercad. not finished, will not be published, only here
  • mistermanbruhmistermanbruh netherlands Join Date: 2016-12-21 Member: 225293Members
    happy new year bytheway
  • smellslikebleachsmellslikebleach Join Date: 2016-12-22 Member: 225337Members

You link doesn't work.
    What's actually the reason for a bigger sub? Is there something I couldn't do with the cyclops or the seamoth?
  • HYBRID1313HYBRID1313 Australia Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215179Members
    happy new year bytheway

Please, for the love of God Peeper, learn how to edit your posts. It's getting annoying. There's that little icon which looks like a gear, yeah, next time you forgot to say something, just press it and type.
  • stuckthunderstuckthunder Join Date: 2016-12-23 Member: 225421Members

You link doesn't work.
    What's actually the reason for a bigger sub? Is there something I couldn't do with the cyclops or the seamoth?

With a bigger sub, you can fit prawn and the seamoth inside. Plus you can build a lot more inside of it making it a large transport, or a big base.
  • smellslikebleachsmellslikebleach Join Date: 2016-12-22 Member: 225337Members
    With a bigger sub, you can fit prawn and the seamoth inside. Plus you can build a lot more inside of it making it a large transport, or a big base.

But this is something for a cyclops update I think. Unless I really like the Idea of the new big sub I would say there is no need for it at the moment. A Docking Update for the cyclops to holster the seamoth and the prawn would be enough.

my link does work, and i know how to edit a post goddamnit!
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    edited January 2017

Sorry, but this is what I get when I click:
    q83m291xpj6z.png
    o, it works when i do it.

sorry bytheway
  • WSBurnsWSBurns KingdomOFMadness Join Date: 2016-07-25 Member: 220631Members
    edited January 2017

Probably not a bad idea to post a few print screens first, and maybe later you may want to make your own thread about it, others may fell more comfortable to comment your work in the right section.

Sorry, but this is what I get when I click:
    q83m291xpj6z.png

Its gone!? Well it was an escape pod after all...

Thinking about escape pods the "get me out of here" at the bottom its priceless :smiley:

edited January 2017
    i am doing all of this on a chromebook so i dont know if it will work, but i will try.

I"l be back.

i tried to post a screenshot, but it did not work.
    edited January 2017
    i am currently attempting to build a 3D tinkercad tinkercad design of the interior (including the escape pod interoir).
    i still do not know how to show you guys what i build.

i can probably upload to the tinkercad server, but, the whole internet can see it.
    please tell me if someone has got any probles with that. if so, i will not upload it.
    please tell me within 3 days. if i did not hear from you guys by then, i will do it regardless.

it will be called:
    "Subnautica Atlas Interior"

1 day later, still not much progress. i will move the deadline 1 day, so 3 days from now.
    i am currently attempting to build a 3D tinkercad tinkercad design of the interior (including the escape pod interoir).
    i still do not know how to show you guys what i build.

i can probably upload to the tinkercad server, but, the whole internet can see it.
    please tell me if someone has got any probles with that. if so, i will not upload it.
    please tell me within 3 days. if i did not hear from you guys by then, i will do it regardless.

it will be called:
    "Subnautica Atlas Interior"

1 day later, still not much progress. i will move the deadline 1 day, so 3 days from now.

Take it easy and dont worry about deadlines, this is not a contest, take you time, do your best and all will be fine.

Well, i think i can speak for all the others when i say, i hope you will make our jaw drop big time!
    Best of luck man.

• MrOlexMrOlex Join Date: 2017-01-11 Member: 226555Members
    The concept art looks amazing, but, what´s the purpose of this submarine? There already is smaller veichles to fill almost all purposes? Maybe a luxry endgame veichle that works as a complete, moving base? If an arctic biome was added, i assume it would be far away from the Aurora, it would be perfect for that.
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    MrOlex wrote: »
    The concept art looks amazing, but, what´s the purpose of this submarine? There already is smaller veichles to fill almost all purposes? Maybe a luxry endgame veichle that works as a complete, moving base? If an arctic biome was added, i assume it would be far away from the Aurora, it would be perfect for that.

Here's a thread with some possible uses, it was created in relation to this thread.

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/146075/void-islands-generation-implementing-new-biomes-post-release-updates-end-game
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    @Minder Awesome work on that model, it's a shame the world is too small to make use out of that sub. I'm surprised none of the developers have said anything to you or said something in this thread.
  • CAPSHAWCAPSHAW Nevada Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222692Members
    MrOlex wrote: »

Here's a thread with some possible uses, it was created in relation to this thread.

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/146075/void-islands-generation-implementing-new-biomes-post-release-updates-end-game
    [/quote

High Capacity Habitation, Search, and Rescue.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
  • MinderMinder France Join Date: 2016-08-13 Member: 221263Members
    Hi guys, sorry i can't answer to everybody, there is too much things ^^
    I didn't go back to the 3D model, because ... well, school is back and i have to admit that i lost a bit of motivation (because this is really long, and there are too many mistakes)
    But don't worry, i have still this in mind everytime, I just thinking that i will do it during summer holidays, when i will get full free time. Furthermore, i've got more than 3 monts of holidays so it's perfect ^^
    Sorry for all the waiting, but i want to thank you all for still being active on this project :D
    edited January 2017
    Minder wrote: »
    I didn't go back to the 3D model, because ... well, school is back and i have to admit that i lost a bit of motivation (because this is really long, and there are too many mistakes)
    But don't worry, i have still this in mind everytime, I just thinking that i will do it during summer holidays, when i will get full free time. Furthermore, i've got more than 3 monts of holidays so it's perfect ^^
    Sorry for all the waiting, but i want to thank you all for still being active on this project :D

It's fine! I know personally, school eats up a lot of time.
    scool has begon for me to, and it is taking, indeed, a lot of time. i dont think that i can finidh the interior anytime soon. weeks from now, if i work quick.
    Minder wrote: »

It does not have to be perfect, many times there are many differences between what was the initial conception and final 3D model. From looking at your 3d model with the mesh option ON, i believe your only big mistake was to use some kind of bolean tool maybe you have used a line or a group of lines to cut through your mesh resulting in randomly created triangles, this is a big NO.
    I posted an example of what, in my opinion, is the most difficult area.

example01.jpg

When cutting the hull to form the large windows, bay doors or whatever, is a good practice to reduce the size of your quads, this way you can cut them straight in most cases, when you have to make a turn inside the quad, forming an elbow line the produced triangle will simply be created with one of the closest vertices of the quad, like i show here represented by a yellow line, this way artefacts formed from this problem will have little impact in the mesh.
    If you want to fix your model you need to use the structural lines and rework new faces in the problematic areas, then simply use a tessellation tool to divide your face quads into smaller ones, then just keep using tessellation to draw the windows, you can use a back image as a reference.If you do this i believe you will be able to fix most of your problems.

• RayVermilionRayVermilion Join Date: 2017-01-15 Member: 226735Members
    YouKnowMe wrote: »

no they are a bit smaller, i am trying to make a small model in tinkercad. not finished, will not be published, only here

How it would be if there are some kind of delivery drone?
    If your storage is full you can fill it with objects and send them back to the receiver back at your base.
    You only have four of them and can collect them again, if you are at your base.
    good idea! i will try to make some adjustments for your plan in my model.

those drones could be a survey and delivery drone in one.
    i hope the devs will agree.
    bumping/necroing this thread because it's awesome
    well, i can't say this is a realy active forum, neighter am i, so i can't complain.

Minder, i realy hope you are working on someting awesome.
    if not, go and work on something now! :)
This discussion has been closed.