My Thoughts On Multiplayer ( If They Made It )

TrashOnTheSidewalkTrashOnTheSidewalk Join Date: 2017-01-11 Member: 226551Members
Before you read this, please don't go in the comments and yell at me about multiplayer proven to never be in the game. I know this. I simply wanted to put my thoughts on how I think the game would be if it did have multiplayer.

First off, I honestly am happy that multiplayer isn't going to be in the game. If it was, it would ruin the entire experience of survival on an alien planet. The ship crashed and two people got out alive and have to survive together doesn't appeal to me that much. Most of the time when I play multiplayer survival games, end up doing all of the work while my friends screw around. I'd much rather just play solo and only listen to the soundtrack of the game as I'm playing.

Though depending on how lazy your friends are, multiplayer could easily be a fun experience. For instance, if a Reaper Leviathan took hold of your seamoth, your friend could save your ass, causing you to not have to use as much battery life in your welding tool to fix your vehicle. Though this is one of the only benefits I see to having multiplayer in the game.

To me the aspect of being stranded alone in the middle of an alien planet is interesting to me, and I feel that multiplayer would ruin that experience. These are my thoughts and I'd rather you not yell at me in the comments about certain aspects of the game.

I would love to see your thoughts on this subject and how you would feel if multiplayer was in the game.

Comments

• DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited January 2017
    Why the Hell would you start a new thread on this subject (no matter what its purpose is), when there is a perfectly fine STICKIED one right at the top of these forums???
    (especially since the last two started were closed fairly rapidly)

If you think your EGO needs that much stroking, go talk to your mother.

SMH
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    oh yay another thread that'll be locked.
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    I guess it would make it a lot easier to gather resources if you had someone else helping. Like you, however, I can't really think of other reasons multiplayer would benefit the game.
    Seamoth racing? Grappling arm shenanigans with the exosuit?

My worry would be that the novelty of multiplayer in Subnautica would wear off fairly quickly and the people clamouring for it would soon get bored.
  • AppalaxisAppalaxis South Africa Join Date: 2017-01-03 Member: 226025Members
    First off, I honestly am happy that multiplayer isn't going to be in the game. If it was, it would ruin the entire experience of survival on an alien planet. .
    s9772u68gx8o.jpg
    I would love to see your thoughts on this subject and how you would feel if multiplayer was in the game.
    fkmnrvxzc3ae.jpg

I lolled so hard.. Perfect!
  • Calarand77Calarand77 lurking in general forums Join Date: 2016-01-22 Member: 211786Members
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited January 2017
    Well TBH, this thread isn't going to be locked because of OP. He wants to fantasize about multiplayer, so in a way it's fiction...

But the general adversity against this entire idea, I mean multiplayer Subnautica has become a meme in and of itself. Them responses here are unrelated, that is the trigger for a lock, methinks :tongue:

/me flies away
  • Calarand77Calarand77 lurking in general forums Join Date: 2016-01-22 Member: 211786Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Them responses here are unrelated, that is the trigger for a lock, methinks :tongue:

Here's hoping the strategy works. B)
    edited January 2017
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    I'd much rather just play solo and only listen to the soundtrack of the game as I'm playing.

https://soundcloud.com/subnautica

I like abandon ship the best, TBH. Additionally, some guy mixed abandon ship and some music from the seamoth update(? I think...), and it ended up sounding pretty cool:

http://subnauticashit.weebly.com/sounds.html (scroll down)
  • madmike883madmike883 US Join Date: 2017-01-11 Member: 226566Members
    Multiplayer in the sense of online, I don't want to see in the game.

That said, I think it would be cool to have a duo survival. Allot of the lifepods had 1-3 people in them, so it wouldn't affect the lore and story of the game.
    edited January 2017
    madmike883 wrote: »
    Multiplayer in the sense of online, I don't want to see in the game.

That said, I think it would be cool to have a duo survival. Allot of the lifepods had 1-3 people in them, so it wouldn't affect the lore and story of the game.

I think you may have missed the multiple In-Game-Communication-Messages, in which they were all described as being hunted down and ... ??? ...
    (Eaten/Killed/Destroyed/Eliminated/Absorbed/Diseased & Died ... take your pick)

Also, each and every Lifepod you come across, has a rather large unnatural hole in it..., NOT meant to be a Hatch.

Our avatar in the game, is truly the only one not to have been taken out... Yet.
    B)

Addendum:
    This thought has just occurred to me, at some point will the Dev's add to the game a time when Lifepod 5 will also be punctured???

Hmmmmm.....
  • madmike883madmike883 US Join Date: 2017-01-11 Member: 226566Members
    DaveyNY wrote: »

I think you may have missed the multiple In-Game-Communication-Messages, in which they were all described as being hunted down and ... ??? ...
    (Eaten/Killed/Destroyed/Eliminated/Absorbed/Diseased & Died ... take your pick)

But there are multiple people in the pods reguardless, meaning that when you start a multiplayer survival with a friend or two, you aren't throwing off the story of the game by having multiple people in one pod. It doesn't matter what happens to the other pods, what matters is what happened to 5.
  • HiSaZuLHiSaZuL N.Y. Join Date: 2016-11-11 Member: 223803Members
    Wow... why are people freaking out so much. I trashed previous multiplayer poll into the ground. But this doesn't require trashing, at all, he isn't asking about it, he isn't baiting anything, he isn't blowing a fuse at the first response screaming he he made a point that he knows but blowing a fuse nonetheless, he just voiced why he is glad it isn't and how solo survival appeals to him more then another multiplayer survival. Something I agree with but in my case, it is current multiplayer scene in general that gives me a headache.

What is wrong with you people, trashing people for stupidity is a past time I fully support. It has no place here tho.
    Because there was absolutely no reason to start another thread about it, that's why.

He could have posted his thoughts in the STICKIED THREAD and it would have been seen.

B)
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    It's poor and pointless forum usage. He came in and posted something that nobody could possibly disagree with, after it's already been beaten to death, on his first post.

Who could disagree? Sure multiplayer would be pretty cool. And it's never going to be added. Everyone probably agrees, so where can the discussion POSSIBLY go from here?
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Under the bridge where certain forum denizens live :trollface:
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members

Yess... come closer... we have cookies :smile:
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members

Yess... come closer... we have cookies :smile:
    Ever tried a dank meme.?
    sbo3eevnx2gt.jpg