PSA: Anyone who has had crashes, that would like to share their saved game with the devs, READ:

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    geekazoid wrote: »
    Whoever wrote that bug report guide has some very strange ways of using the file manager.

Nope, just trying to make it newbie && non-techie-proof. Some folks get really confused pretty easy and just want step by step instructions that don't require any thought.

Those that don't need or want that ▲ can simply glance through the instructions and do it their own way anyways. ;)
  • littekittysilverlittekittysilver Join Date: 2016-12-30 Member: 225751Members
    Sorry for getting this to you sooner. And thank you very much for taking time to help us.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0CJeZdCSkzpbnNDa2pIU2dSVzA/view
  • saltyspeculasaltyspecula Join Date: 2016-12-20 Member: 225227Members
    As I mentioned in the other topic you responded to,. extreme lag:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B47Ev8dho6QXY1ZRZURpTDVhUjA

Cache clean had no effect, deleted that baked-batch file mentioned also did nothing. Any other suggestions.
    As I mentioned in the other topic you responded to,. extreme lag:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B47Ev8dho6QXY1ZRZURpTDVhUjA

Cache clean had no effect, deleted that baked-batch file mentioned also did nothing. Any other suggestions.

If you're not running from an SSD and you have one, move Subnautica to SSD (see appropriate line in my sig).
    I don't have an SSD sorry. Did you see anything else of note?
    edited January 2017

Eh. Defragment your hard disk (SSDs don't need defragmentation, but normal hard disks DO). Windows should be doing this for you automatically, but perhaps it hasn't gotten around to optimizing the Subnautica files yet.

If you use the cmd prompt (start > run, type cmd and press enter, or just search cmd and open it), type in
    defrag c: -v

and hit enter, then it will tell you how fragmented it was before and after optimization. The -v switch turns on verbose (extra information) mode, you can run it without that if you want.

Does that affect it at all?

EDIT: Oh, and replace c: with d: or whatever if you've got Subnautica on drive D or similar.
    edited January 2017
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

Eh. Defragment your hard disk (SSDs don't need defragmentation, but normal hard disks DO). Windows should be doing this for you automatically, but perhaps it hasn't gotten around to optimizing the Subnautica files yet.

If you use the cmd prompt (start > run, type cmd and press enter, or just search cmd and open it), type in
    defrag c: -v

and hit enter, then it will tell you how fragmented it was before and after optimization. The -v switch turns on verbose (extra information) mode, you can run it without that if you want.

Does that affect it at all?

EDIT: Oh, and replace c: with d: or whatever if you've got Subnautica on drive D or similar.

Pre-optimization report: Total Fragmented space = 0%
    I keep my C drive as a seperate partition of 50 gigs only for Windows and other core, vital programs ( Drivers, antivirus, etc ).
    Thankfully, one of the few decent things about Windows 10 is that it defrags automatically for me. Sorry to keep grilling you here, but any other suggestions I could try?
    You could try turning graphical options off in the F3 menu. You could try using the -force-d3d9 switch (outlined in the Direct 3D section of the Troubleshooting guide).
  • CyfeCyfe Join Date: 2017-01-08 Member: 226369Members
    The game often freeze for 3-10 seconds since I finished crafting the Cyclops (when I search for basics materials near the surface) and then crash. DxDiag found an accessibility problem with Direct Show that cause the application to crash when I launch DxDiag without specifying Direct Show as an exeption. Looks like my problem is pretty close to JesusChrist454s one.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwWxIr1Sb7ZkY1BqS3A3ZkszN3c
    You could try turning graphical options off in the F3 menu. You could try using the -force-d3d9 switch (outlined in the Direct 3D section of the Troubleshooting guide).
    Unfortunately this had no effect. I imagine we're scraping the bottom of the barrel here for fixes, but is there anything else you'd suggest?
    Unfortunately this had no effect. I imagine we're scraping the bottom of the barrel here for fixes, but is there anything else you'd suggest?

Do you by any chance use gsync?

No I don't sorry. After some research my monitor is not compatible with G-Sync without extensive home modification.

No I don't sorry. After some research my monitor is not compatible with G-Sync without extensive home modification.

Be sure gsync is disabled (or at least set to fullscreen mode only) --

quote from here
    Do you happen to have a gsync monitor with gsync enabled for both fullscreen and windowed mode? This caused a fps cap at 24 fps for me. When I switched back to gsync for fullscreen mode only, my framerate went up again.

quote from here
    Do you happen to have a gsync monitor with gsync enabled for both fullscreen and windowed mode? This caused a fps cap at 24 fps for me. When I switched back to gsync for fullscreen mode only, my framerate went up again.

As I mentioned, my monitor is not capable of running G-Sync. It does not have it.

quote from here

As I mentioned, my monitor is not capable of running G-Sync. It does not have it.

Yeah. Wasn't sure exactly how GSync worked when the monitor doesn't support it (does it disable itself?).
    edited January 2017

quote from here

Yeah. Wasn't sure exactly how GSync worked when the monitor doesn't support it (does it disable itself?).

It's never there to begin with thankfully. Any more suggestions by chance?
    I can't remember if you've posted your complete system specs before (after a cursory glance through your posting history, I can't seem to find it). Can you post (or re-post) your specs using one of the tools in my signature (Speccy's probably easiest)?
  • XaelonXaelon Join Date: 2017-01-12 Member: 226627Members
    edited January 2017
    Had my game crash to desktop during normal gameplay today. Here's my "crash pack" of files as detailed by the first post in this thread.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B67d4ZHuhDX3bjQ2dkVIUnNmVmc

If it keeps happening I'll update my post.

Guess what? I got another crash:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B67d4ZHuhDX3b2t3YmJOUWpuVTg

Also, strangely before the hardcrash above the game was crashing on exit.

For my first crashpack I included the entire subnautic_data folder (woops). I re-uploaded the first pack with just the output_log.
    I can't remember if you've posted your complete system specs before (after a cursory glance through your posting history, I can't seem to find it). Can you post (or re-post) your specs using one of the tools in my signature (Speccy's probably easiest)?

https://i.imgur.com/9OXONsP.png
    We're having a heat wave down here and the thermal paste on the CPU is due for a reapplication, hence the high CPU temp
    What are the chances of you treating yourself to an SSD?
    edited January 2017
    What are the chances of you treating yourself to an SSD?

Extremely high in due time. I've had a lot of personal life expenses from emergencies and moving recently that's restricted anything but necessary expenditure for a few months. However, one of my primary hard drives is starting to fail after 15 years of service and Windows 10 takes over 5 minutes to startup and login.
    10-15 second boot time with a good SSD (have personal experience with the Samsung 850 EVO (better, more $$$) and the Mushkin ECO3.
    I've heard the Samsung 960 or whatever m.2 SSD is like 4x faster than that though lol.
    edited January 2017
    I've heard the Samsung 960 or whatever m.2 SSD is like 4x faster than that though lol.

Even so, I'm questioning if that's the only solution. I'm able to run multiple current generation games side by side at full graphics without slowdown ( EG: Titanfall 2, MechWarrior Online and Star Citizen ). Certainly, my setup has some problems, but no other games show it like Subnautica.

I get the impression Subnautica still has a great deal of optimization left to go through.
    You are correct, they are going to finish up the new features and then optimize the entire thing before release.
    You are correct, they are going to finish up the new features and then optimize the entire thing before release.

Good to know, thank you. Might just have to hang tight then.
  • workaholik99workaholik99 Argentina Join Date: 2017-02-18 Member: 228022Members