Precursor Serpent *Spoiler?*

EternalGolemEternalGolem Join Date: 2016-11-04 Member: 223650Members
This is an idea for a "creature" that gaurds Precursor structures. When it dies, you have 3 chances to harvest from it or scan it/ the cable end. Behavior is it will pinch and strangle any non precursor lifeforms approaching a base.
F0Y1z98.jpg

Comments

• 999Antonio3849999Antonio3849 Emperor Aquarium Join Date: 2016-10-23 Member: 223324Members
    Theres already a precursor defense/matinence droid in experimental it looks like a cave crawler with anttenna
  • EternalGolemEternalGolem Join Date: 2016-11-04 Member: 223650Members
    Theres already a precursor defense/matinence droid in experimental it looks like a cave crawler with anttenna

I saw those earlier today, I was thinking this would be more of an underwater base defence.
  • FruitNinjaDragonFruitNinjaDragon Join Date: 2017-01-09 Member: 226419Members
    I do like the idea of using Precursor technology, and this is definitely an interesting way to implement it. I do think it would be interesting for there to be more defenses, and some sort of grabby-arm thing like this seems like it could work.
  • smellslikebleachsmellslikebleach Join Date: 2016-12-22 Member: 225337Members
    edited January 2017
    Would be cool if there is a way to cut of the arm and use it for your seamoth / prawn or cyclops.
    Something like the 4 arms of Dr. Octopus of spiderman. Nice work!
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    This is an idea for a "creature" that gaurds Precursor structures. When it dies, you have 3 chances to harvest from it or scan it/ the cable end. Behavior is it will pinch and strangle any non precursor lifeforms approaching a base.
    F0Y1z98.jpg

Dude, in the Precursor Submarines thread I talked about a snake-like thing and this is EXACTLY what I had in mind. Completely the same. That's awesome :)
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited January 2017
    That chain to anchor it, I thought for a split second... "So it's running from a power outlet" 39.gif

Awesome nontheless :D
  • EternalGolemEternalGolem Join Date: 2016-11-04 Member: 223650Members
    edited January 2017
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    That chain to anchor it, I thought for a split second... "So it's running from a power outlet" 39.gif

Awesome nontheless :D

Well, what I had planned is that theven serpent would wrap around your sub, shoot out the cable, and pulling your sub against a wall using the cable. I could see how it does look like a power cable.