Development Updates

Comments

• mariotusekmariotusek rotterdam Join Date: 2015-05-27 Member: 204939Members
    Bullvayne wrote: »
    Hi subnauticans

I have 2 little questions

I often have little updates (25 mo / 1.5mo) on steam

- Could we know what it is ? What is it used for? :)
    -And we need to start a game to enjoy these updates ? or the current game is automatically update ?

Thx devs .. thx subnauticans

i asked the devs some time ago... dont bother with this the refuse to do it
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    edited December 2015
    The devs have said recently that they intend to put out regular smaller updates to fix important bugs etc. As for will we have to start new games with each of these little bugs, well there's one way of finding out and that's playing the game; you'll soon find out whether you need to start a new one or not. From my experience with these smaller updates is that sometimes you do, sometimes you don't. I think it really depends on what the update entails, but, as I said, just flash SN up and try to load a saved game in. You'll get the answer then.

Edit: The 'no drowning' bug has been fixed.
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    Hey, game developpers!
    I just saw your biosphere for the "Lost River", and I'd like to give some ideas for some animations with the dense saltwater :

PLEASE ADD THESE, THAT'LL BE F#CKIN' AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    I have a great idea for a new coral-like animal. Take a look at this vid :

I want these sort of sponges, but that constantly "smoke" out a liquid substance that lights up at night.
    OK, so this video might be a little bit long, I know, but you'd better watch this; it'll give you a sort of reference point for the Arctic Biome :

When the Arctic biome finally releases, I want places in that biome where the player can dive under a sheet of ice with thousands of invertebrates on the sea floor.
    I also want places where gigantic icebergs riddles with ice caves can be found.
    What do you think? What else do you want? Please let me know.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    I want an abyss biome :smile:
  • BenykoBenyko Germany Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211653Members
    First time as i played after the H2.0 update i just wanted to stand there and watch the night go over its so beautiful.
    But it would be even cooler if you could add some features later that could affect the gameplay in another way:

When watching the night and the eclipse i came to think wouldn't it be cool if there could be meteors crushing down into the water from time to time?
    Where they are rising the water temperature which is already built into the game.
    -> to make use of the temperature already ingame
    -> to get new materials into the game after a while

Or Weather changes that affect the water surface as it is currently always calm.

As well i would like to see some changes regarding for example the 2 locker types small and big.
    I never had the need to build a small one as the big needs nearly the same materials so would be cool to see a change there.
    Ok, so i've heard rumors that Subnautica will come out to XBOX ONE and PS4. Here's the proof :

Please can anyone confirm this if it is true? 'Cause I've been meaning to play Subnautica for a long time, but my PC isn't good enough. If the game releases on XBOX ONE, I'll be over the world.
  • h4xasaurush4xasaurus US Join Date: 2016-01-22 Member: 211791Members
    I'm asking a lot but....please just keep expanding and continue to add more zones and more extreme depths. Once you understand the general map layout the ideas for map extension are endless. The arctic style zones would be amazing as we could have ice shelves to have to maneuver around just like the lava islands. Bigger creatures. Bigger/more reasons to use the Cyclops. Just keep going with more please :smiley:
    By now, all Subnautica players are well aware of the wrecks found throughout the map that originated from the Aurora. I absolutely love those explorable wrecks, but I'm actually really pissed off that you can't see the wrecks "fly" off the Aurora as it explodes. It makes absolutely no sense that they sort of "warp" instead of crash in position. I therefore would like the devs to review the animation for the explosion so that the players can actually see the pieces fly off the ship. It'll also help the player to find them although there are quite a lot, but the one in the safe shallows biome will be particularly awesome as it will crash right next to the player in the start of the game.
  • rolias_motrolias_mot Florida Join Date: 2016-04-05 Member: 215343Members
    I've been jumping in and out of the game since December. I've been VERY impressed so far, and am looking forward to each new update. (I check daily now!)

Are you(the developers) implicating a docking option for the Cyclops? I know it's likely a silly question but I have to ask. It's been a small pet peeve of mine having to exit via either submersible or just simply swim out the bottom. As a personal hope I'm looking forward to seeing more to the story, such as the underwater base that the journals from the island base indicates...whether it has already been built or is being built? No idea. Keep up the great work! :D
  • TribeofoneTribeofone Eagle River Alaska Join Date: 2015-08-22 Member: 207365Members
    Sad to see no updates to the checkins page.
  • Dark_MasterDark_Master Astana Join Date: 2016-03-18 Member: 214413Members
    Hi, Devs! (If you see it) I have a question for you. When SOMEONE will be able to do damage to cyclops?
  • TaukaisTaukais Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218465Members
    Have this Game Controller support for Xbox 360/One Controllers ?
  • VincentNZVincentNZ Germany Join Date: 2016-05-31 Member: 217829Members
    So I did not want to start a new topic over this, but we got quite a big update on experimental today. :smile: I do suspect it is the ribs in the lost river, but I am at work and can not confirm. Has someone been playing already and discovered something new? Also is there a changelog somewhere with all the small changes experimental gets?
  • njohnson1448njohnson1448 Alabama Join Date: 2016-06-14 Member: 218556Members
    Ok, so i've heard rumors that Subnautica will come out to XBOX ONE and PS4. Here's the proof :

Please can anyone confirm this if it is true? 'Cause I've been meaning to play Subnautica for a long time, but my PC isn't good enough. If the game releases on XBOX ONE, I'll be over the world.

I can now without a doubt confirm this.:wink:
    @njohnson1448 I know. Bought it on Xbox weeks ago, and I love it!
  • Yargish89Yargish89 new mexico usa Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217575Members
    anyone else see the messages in-game that said about experiments and 1 got away and the space ship coming to save your booty?
  • Dark_MasterDark_Master Astana Join Date: 2016-03-18 Member: 214413Members
    @Obraxis I have a question: when will SOMEONE be able to deal damage to the cyclops?
  • MurpfullMurpfull Join Date: 2016-05-11 Member: 216640Members
    @Obraxis I have a question: when will SOMEONE be able to deal damage to the cyclops?

Yea. Even the sea dragon can only slightly bash it around.
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    edited October 2016
    Ok here's an idea: how about re-introducing the terraformer in creative? I get that it was removed from the game because you could basically muck up the beautiful world, which goes against the whole "co-exist" vibe that this game has. But what if it was added back to creative?

I mean, creative is a gamemode where the symbiosis of player and environment is a little less important, and the player is given more power. What if we got the terraformer back in creative? It would allow those of us who want to really customize our gameplay (make a gigantic seabase somewhere not possible in the base world, or create a scale-model of the marianas trench in the inactive lava zone) to do so much more with the game. What do you all think?

I've gotta be the biggest dope on this forum! The terraformer IS still in creative... My apologies to, well, everybody.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members

The cyclops is sort of a sitting duck submarine. You can't escape anything with the cyclops. And you can't attack anything with the cyclops either. So the cyclops must be immune unless someone invents a defense system for the cyclops.

There is a plan about the cyclops using silent running, which implies making it vulnerable to at least one creature. But I can't imagine how the cyclops could escape from a creature like the sea dragon. The cyclops isn't capable of such advanced moving maneuvers. It'd be more like a turtle trying to outrun a fast mighty lizard and not simply hiding in its shell.

So what would be needed? I think the cyclops would need a defense, engine boosters or some decoy mechanisms to escape from leviathans if they could hurt the cyclops.
  • AvimimusAvimimus Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214968Members
    zetachron wrote: »

The cyclops is sort of a sitting duck submarine. You can't escape anything with the cyclops. And you can't attack anything with the cyclops either. So the cyclops must be immune unless someone invents a defense system for the cyclops.

There is a plan about the cyclops using silent running, which implies making it vulnerable to at least one creature. But I can't imagine how the cyclops could escape from a creature like the sea dragon. The cyclops isn't capable of such advanced moving maneuvers. It'd be more like a turtle trying to outrun a fast mighty lizard and not simply hiding in its shell.

I suspect static traps or collision damage would be a better way to add drama. Things which would force you to exist the submarine in a hostile environment in order to do repairs (kindof like the lava larvae).

It'd be fun if it sank more easily and then had to be salvaged....
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    You can most definitely use the cyclops to do damage. Get over a sandshark, crabsquid, or whatever, and descend. You don't even have to hit bottom.

What gave me this idea? Well, a one-off bug, when I first made a cyclops.. the mobile vehicle bay got pulled below the cyclops (which was being made high in the air for some reason) and the cyclops was then dropped on my head, killing me. I went stalker / sandshark hunting after that. XD
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    edited October 2016
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    You can most definitely use the cyclops to do damage. Get over a sandshark, crabsquid, or whatever, and descend. You don't even have to hit bottom.

What gave me this idea? Well, a one-off bug, when I first made a cyclops.. the mobile vehicle bay got pulled below the cyclops (which was being made high in the air for some reason) and the cyclops was then dropped on my head, killing me. I went stalker / sandshark hunting after that. XD

I think my favorite method of avenging myself against the marauding sandsharks is "Whaling." I think this screenshot sums up the concept nicely:
    z7hljhy6f0o8.jpg
  • jpinardjpinard Join Date: 2016-09-17 Member: 222373Members

I think my favorite method of avenging myself against the marauding sandsharks is "Whaling." I think this screenshot sums up the concept nicely:
    z7hljhy6f0o8.jpg

Can you explain what you're doing and how you managed it in more detail? Thanks :)
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited December 2016
    jpinard wrote: »

z7hljhy6f0o8.jpg

Can you explain what you're doing and how you managed it in more detail? Thanks :)

Fire the Grappling Hook on the PRAWN (after you get the blueprints and build one) at a large creature and hang on.

B)
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    jpinard wrote: »

z7hljhy6f0o8.jpg

Fire the Grappling Hook on the PRAWN (after you get the blueprints and build one) at a large creature and hang on.

B)

reel yourself in and punch it to death with the claw arm or drill! (optional- you can also just hitch rides on fast-moving animals)
  • smellslikebleachsmellslikebleach Join Date: 2016-12-22 Member: 225337Members
    edited January 2017
    Please make a balance update concerning to resources / raw materials for crafting.
    For example there is definitively too much gold at the moment but not enough silver. Same with other elements / resources. There aren't enough quarz in the upper areas but you get a lot of copper and lead. Stalker teeth are too hard to find / to get and so on...
    A source for titanium should only be the vestige / wracks of the aurora including the deconstruction of boxes, wracks, life pods, abandoned seabases etc.
    The planet should give you any titanium.

So the game would force you a resource-saving handling.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited January 2017
    Please make a balance update concerning to resources / raw materials for crafting.
    For example there is definitively too much gold at the moment but not enough silver. Same with other elements / resources. There aren't enough quarz in the upper areas but you get a lot of copper and lead. Stalker teeth are too hard to find / to get and so on...
    A source for titanium should only be the vestige / wracks of the aurora including the deconstruction of boxes, wracks, life pods, abandoned seabases etc.
    The planet should give you any titanium.

So the game would force you a resource-saving handling.

I'd rather They make a pass at adjusting the "Recipes" for crafting, than changing the amounts found in the world. (again)
    Give us more robust blueprints that require larger amounts of gold and the other plentiful resources.

I've actually found while playing the game (since the Dec. 2016 update) that the Silver balance is not that bad.

Personally, I don't want it too easy to find the resources for the more complicated/elaborate items, as the main premise of the game is Survival and one shouldn't really be able to create a computer chip or wiring kit at the drop of a hat.
    B)