If I bought it on PC, do I have to buy again for Xbox One?

watergirlwatergirl US Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213596Members
In fact I have bought the game twice by accident when I lost a steam account. I am happy to throw money at the devs for creating an amazing game, but right now I don't have two pennies to rub together.

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Yes, unless they hand you a copy (which is of course entirely up to them).

It goes on sale on Xbox, though, so wait for the next one (bonus, by that time hopefully it will play better on the xbox).
  • watergirl16watergirl16 usa Join Date: 2016-03-05 Member: 213886Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

It goes on sale on Xbox, though, so wait for the next one (bonus, by that time hopefully it will play better on the xbox).

Thank you for answering. How do I find out about any sales on the Xbox version?
  • bingomanzerobingomanzero Join Date: 2016-12-07 Member: 224676Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

Thank you for answering. How do I find out about any sales on the Xbox version?

Keep an eye on Subnautica on the Xbox store. I bought it when the discount was advertised on my homepage.
  • crazyman21405crazyman21405 United States Join Date: 2017-12-22 Member: 234548Members
    I bought it on steam but I want to play it on. My Xbox but I am not sure if I can just play it on my Xbox without spending money
  • SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    I bought it on steam but I want to play it on. My Xbox but I am not sure if I can just play it on my Xbox without spending money
    did you read any of the replies to this thread?
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue

Imagine this...

You want to buy a car... You pay one garage for the car and go to another garage to get the car... Mircosoft (Xbone) and Valve (Steam) are two different companies, so you can't simply switch between them
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    As XboxOne and Steam are 2 different platforms and stores, you would need to buy them for each platform.

I believe it's on sale on both platforms, with XboxOne being cheaper as we're still working on performance.