HMG Work

Comments

• PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    Benson wrote: »
    is compmod still using the HMG? why not use this there?

The current HMG in CompMod does not look like 'heavy' actually, which is the case here if you take a look on these pictures.
    That'd be cool though.
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    Yeah, not to say the NS1 LMG remake isn't nice (it's awesome actually), but it's not a HMG. This however would be pretty sweet as the compmod HMG. :)
  • KKyleKKyle Michigan Join Date: 2005-07-01 Member: 55067Members
    edited February 2015
    Right now in SiegeMod I have the NS1 lmg model for both the hmg and lmg. With the hmg version a longer reload animation(and ns1 hmg sound, along with other variants of dmg and clip). I've been meaning to make it into the NS1 HMG model just like ns2c, but if I can use this model instead.. that would be great. The players would love it.
  • Anti_BosonAnti_Boson Join Date: 2013-07-03 Member: 185878Members
    The HMG still has to be wired up right. It's being used in a very specific way in Combat, similar to the HMG in Crysis 2/3. As for use in CompMod, you'll get no grief from me! :)
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
  • RevanCoranaRevanCorana Join Date: 2015-08-14 Member: 207125Members
    Any news if this will ever be released for compmod?
    With such a high quality model and animations I think it would even fit within vanilla NS2.
  • _Grendel__Grendel_ Join Date: 2015-05-07 Member: 204238Members
    It was going to be released with the next content patch for combat.
    ykb7VMF.jpg?1

Xeu5ANM.jpg?1

Now that the patch has been cancelled, I doubt they feel like finishing and releasing this for ns2 :/.
  • LokiLoki Join Date: 2012-07-07 Member: 153973Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    well if no legal agreement is signed I am sure it could be released for ns2 via a mod ? or even they might just be willing to let it be released for ns2
    I doubt the combat devs would be willing to complete the work on the model, let alone release it especially after the way the whole combat thing turned out, but I guess you could always ask them.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Loki wrote: »
    well if no legal agreement is signed I am sure it could be released for ns2 via a mod ? or even they might just be willing to let it be released for ns2

I don't want to say too much, but I think it's safe to assume that if the combat guys hold the rights to it, it won't be released to ns2.
    edited April 2016
    That would be great
    I think having an alternative to shotgun would make each rounds feel much more different for marines.

Loki wrote: »

I don't want to say too much, but I think it's safe to assume that if the combat guys hold the rights to it, it won't be released to ns2.

Mmh in this case, could the original model made by @Vlaad be given to someone else not related to Combat, on UWE forum with the skills to finish it ?
    That depends on whether or not flg acquired the rights to the art. Even if you could legally get the model, who could finish it? All the art modders who could reliably make and get high quality 3d art into spark seems to have all vanished.
  • ChrisStarkChrisStark Germany Join Date: 2016-02-11 Member: 212895Members, NS2 Playtester
    Just ask the Combat guys for the finished model. It costs nothing to ask.
    Ok, I asked him on steam and he said that the model was not fully finished and has since been re-purposed to other uses outside of the ns2 IP to try and recoop costs from Combat.
    Well too bad, I guess it makes sense from a business point of view.
  • ChrisStarkChrisStark Germany Join Date: 2016-02-11 Member: 212895Members, NS2 Playtester
    hmmm... guess someone has to redo the whole thing...
  • alphzalphz Join Date: 2009-11-09 Member: 69329Members
    Can we please get this instead of the current HMG?!?!
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    alphz wrote: »

He's given us the files. Just need to find time to implement it in the game.
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    BeigeAlert wrote: »

Would that mean you'll take back the HMG appellation?
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    I hope the current placeholder model remains as an unlock for the lmg/rifle.
    BeigeAlert wrote: »

That's awesome this model looked really cool, if I may suggest though I still think you'd be better off with the HMG being an alternative to the shotgun, to increase tech path variability. (instead of being a linear route to jetpack)
  • RammlerRammler Join Date: 2013-06-18 Member: 185607Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    @BeigeAlert Any update here? Since he gave you the files.......
  • The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    This model is really absolutely awesome.
  • FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Can we get this in the game ASAP and with a DLC skin right off the bat, with a generous percentage of sales to @Vlaad. It's only right!
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Rammler wrote: »
    @BeigeAlert Any update here? Since he gave you the files.......

We have the files, but there is still a lot of work needed to get it in the game. :(
  • The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Can you give an eta?
  • RammlerRammler Join Date: 2013-06-18 Member: 185607Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    yeah, you already have the files, so you dont have to make it first. just put it in the game.
    it looks wayyyyyyy better than the old hmg.
  • KasharicKasharic Hull, England Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184473Members, Forum Admins, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    yeah, you already have the files, so you dont have to make it first. just put it in the game.

its not as simple as "just put it in"... this isn't your mother we're talking about here

/s
    Kasharic wrote: »

its not as simple as "just put it in"... this isn't your mother we're talking about here

/s

seems like a touch of bubba was floating through your mind.