Crashing launching or playing Subnautica? -- READ ME FIRST! --

Comments

• mft68mft68 United States Join Date: 2016-12-30 Member: 225767Members
    I also have had the same issues after 17 hours of play heavy lag when in motion then crash swimming or seamoth. Someone posted eliminate cache files until developers find fix. Worked perfect. Go to steam library-right click Subnautica- open properties- open local files- open browse local files- open SNAppData- open Saved Games. I located the files i needed in ''slot0003". Delete files in "CellsCache" and "CompiledOctreesCache". I left the actual CellsCache and CompiledOctreesCache folders. Game runs like new. When I'm done playing i save then delete cache files. Extra step but i love the game so it's worth it.
  • mitasamodelmitasamodel Germany Join Date: 2017-01-03 Member: 226037Members
    edited January 2017
    Another savegame. Maybe found what can cause crash.
    Here are 2 videos:
    1. Swimming from "Mount island" to base (safe shallows). Crash right after swimming by ship wreck

2. Swimming from "Mount island" to base (safe shallows). Explore (again) this ship wreck. Objects are multiplied. For example, there are 8 doors (to open with laser) in one location.

Right after that I remember that I have already seen the same situation with another ship wrecks: there can be 2/3 doors; multiplied other objects (e.g. "moonpool", battery chargers and other), but never was 8 objects in one place.

Additionally, there is my savegame git_repository:
    subnautica_git@samodelkin.name:/home/subnautica_git/slot0001.git
    password: 9qKR3F3E2E

d64ad5b - save from the videos (load it and go directly to "base" location. There will be game crash).
    6272756 - next save: I returned to base with different path (this ship wreck was not on my way).

Update
    After clearing cache (mft68 said) everything become great. Objects are single again and game not crashing.
  • PinglesPingles San Diego Join Date: 2017-01-05 Member: 226161Members
    Has gotten to the point where it freezes anytime I travel between the Grand Reef and the Escape Pod. Although it has now gotten worse and I'm crashing from 2 feet of movement and it's not creating a crash report. I'm completely stuck.

My last crash log:
  • EyeoftheCyclops1EyeoftheCyclops1 Join Date: 2017-01-04 Member: 226100Members
    my subnautica keeps crashing after like 2 minutes please help if you can

crash report-http://pastebin.com/fHLCk7st
  • AppalaxisAppalaxis South Africa Join Date: 2017-01-03 Member: 226025Members
    Another savegame. Maybe found what can cause crash.
    Here are 2 videos:
    1. Swimming from "Mount island" to base (safe shallows). Crash right after swimming by ship wreck

2. Swimming from "Mount island" to base (safe shallows). Explore (again) this ship wreck. Objects are multiplied. For example, there are 8 doors (to open with laser) in one location.

Right after that I remember that I have already seen the same situation with another ship wrecks: there can be 2/3 doors; multiplied other objects (e.g. "moonpool", battery chargers and other), but never was 8 objects in one place.

Additionally, there is my savegame git_repository:
    subnautica_git@samodelkin.name:/home/subnautica_git/slot0001.git
    password: 9qKR3F3E2E

d64ad5b - save from the videos (load it and go directly to "base" location. There will be game crash).
    6272756 - next save: I returned to base with different path (this ship wreck was not on my way).

Update
    After clearing cache (mft68 said) everything become great. Objects are single again and game not crashing.

I had the same problem with wrecks and doors.

I followed the steps to clear the cache and so far I have not had the same problem. Granted, it took me awhile to figure out how to check batch numbers of your base. There was no step-by-step instruction with some pictures to help, but I managed.

Check out the tool @foxxyfox created here to help you out clearing the cache
  • standingwolf37standingwolf37 U.S.A. Join Date: 2017-01-06 Member: 226258Members
  • Bsskng001Bsskng001 Join Date: 2017-01-09 Member: 226415Members
    Please help! really enjoyed the game but is unplayable. got really far, will load into game, runs a little,stutters then runs fine again. but then stops and then message pops up saying game crashed.
  • EnochiasEnochias Melbourne Join Date: 2017-01-09 Member: 226428Members
    Since I started playing this a week and a half ago I've had 8 crashes. It's annoying now because it freezes then not long after it freezes it comes back then crashes. I've tried the recommend options that are in on the forums and I'm still having crashes. Can't play it for more then 30 minutes without it crashing now. Before I was playing normally but I think it started to become more frequent once the console command was used. Not sure
  • YnrohKeegYnrohKeeg Join Date: 2017-01-08 Member: 226408Members
    Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, so forgive me if I'm kind of... wait for it... a fish out of water. I played and LOVED Subnautica a bit last year. Pretty much maxed out the tech tree and saw everything there was to see. Aside from my seamoth getting stuck inside the world and a few graphical glitches, it was a wonderful experience, so I smiled, uninstalled it, and decided to wait for updates. I saw there were a couple updates and resinstalled the game last week. On my new game, I'm getting a lot of problems; falling through floors, longer than normal graphical hangs and frequent crashes. I'm including a RAR with all of my crash reports from my current playthrough; I hope they're helpful. Also getting the same graphic glitches as before (wall lockers and fabricator turning black in the Cyclops, and the interior details of my base -lockers, tables, and such- are visible from within the Cyclops even when miles away from the actual base). This time, though, the PDA and locker contents become semi-transparent at unpredictable intervals; in some cases they're completely invisible (however, portions are visible OUTSIDE the Cyclops window if my view is aimed just right).
  • GamletGamlet Join Date: 2017-01-10 Member: 226505Members
    Game crashed at launch. Last video drivers but i've got error 'video driver crashed and was reset'
    Some times i have a good launch and have play some hours...
  • TuoKcalbTuoKcalb Netherlands Join Date: 2017-01-10 Member: 226517Members
    Lately I seem to get a lot of crashes. I noticed that if I proceed further in the game at one point the game is unplayable. If I start a fresh game it works smooth again but if I go back to my previous save games I get freezes that eventually end up in a crash "Acces violation". So far I haven't gotten to the submarine :( I also reinstalled windows and made sure all the drivers were up to date. Even forcing dx9 won't help.

I put the logs in the attachment. Please help, I really enjoy the game so far.
  • TygrrTygrr NY Join Date: 2017-01-11 Member: 226580Members
    Cuz the game nicely asked me to send it after the crash, so I am...
  • YaffieYaffie Join Date: 2017-01-12 Member: 226602Members
    Hi guys, so my game is crashing after 1.5 minute of playing , it's just freezes the frame and then giving me a crash report. Be very thankful for quick answer. :)
  • TuoKcalbTuoKcalb Netherlands Join Date: 2017-01-10 Member: 226517Members
    Since I wanted to stay playing I kept searching for an answer. This post did help me continue: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2329627#Comment_2329627

It's a temporarily fix so at one point you gotta clear it again. Keep in mind the batch you won't save in the cache clear will be refreshed (more loot and blueprints) but it's harder to remember what areas you cleared.
  • MahatmaGandalfMahatmaGandalf Join Date: 2017-01-10 Member: 226477Members
    Hi guys,
    the game crashed near the island.
  • MahatmaGandalfMahatmaGandalf Join Date: 2017-01-10 Member: 226477Members
    I don't know if my notebook is good enough.

Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
    Intel Core i5-4210H 2,9GHz
    8 GB RAM
    Geforce GTX 850M and Intel HD Graphics 4600

Thanks for help.
  • TygrrTygrr NY Join Date: 2017-01-11 Member: 226580Members
  • datechdatech Join Date: 2017-01-13 Member: 226661Members
  • ReskiReski Join Date: 2017-01-14 Member: 226704Members
    @MahatmaGandalf
    Geforce GTX 950M
    8 GB RAM
    Intel Core i7-6700HQ 2.6GHz-3.5GHz
    almost always game crashes when I look into the vulcano, no matters which graphic settins I use (but globally nvidia lowest speeds up game loading)
  • ReskiReski Join Date: 2017-01-14 Member: 226704Members
  • ArioteAriote Brazil Join Date: 2016-12-30 Member: 225741Members
  • zombiewolfzombiewolf canada Join Date: 2017-01-16 Member: 226834Members
    I start a new game the intro works fine until the debris hits me in the head then the game crashes.

http://pastebin.com/D4btwEEi
  • nekofynekofy Join Date: 2017-01-18 Member: 226918Members
    I am having a crash issue recently myself. i have no idea what has caused it. I've been able to play the game for a while without any problem, but now all of a sudden i start playing for not even a full minute, and the game crashes. i do think it only happens when i use my seamoth, since that's the first thing i go to as soon as my game launches. here is a link to my one drive file with the crash report. https://1drv.ms/f/s!ABAwBAyfeeaCgYw7
  • JeppchicoJeppchico Join Date: 2017-01-19 Member: 226970Members
  • nuclearnarwhalnuclearnarwhal Alta Loma, CA Join Date: 2017-01-21 Member: 227069Members
    I have been crashing every time i go on my creative world its really getting on my nerves. I included the output log i hope that helps Thx!
  • Warned1Warned1 Join Date: 2017-01-26 Member: 227283Members
    Every time I try to leave the Mushroom Biome it just crashes completely. Here is the log.
  • GlassDeviantGlassDeviant Terra Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228342Members
    Latest update, older save file. When I moved my inedible fish (hatched from eggs in an alien containment unit) from the old alien containment unit to a new one, as I released the fish into the new alien containment unit I suddenly had a massive hull breach in my base for no apparent reason. My integrity was over 50 at the time. So I boosted it to over 100 and patched things up, but this should not have happened.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    What fish did you move?

• FleursFleurs France Join Date: 2017-02-18 Member: 228025Members
    TuoKcalb wrote: »
    Lately I seem to get a lot of crashes. I noticed that if I proceed further in the game at one point the game is unplayable. If I start a fresh game it works smooth again but if I go back to my previous save games I get freezes that eventually end up in a crash "Acces violation". So far I haven't gotten to the submarine :( I also reinstalled windows and made sure all the drivers were up to date. Even forcing dx9 won't help.

I put the logs in the attachment. Please help, I really enjoy the game so far.

Same problem, a week ago, i could have played during 1h30m, and now, my PC crashed and restarted 4 time in a row trying to reload my save. Drivers are up to date, and it is not overheating, because i got some tools that trigger a siren alarm in headphone as soon as GPU or CPU overheat.
  • FleursFleurs France Join Date: 2017-02-18 Member: 228025Members
    edited March 2017
    It just crashed again, but did not restart this time, so i had those log. (I have some other in stock, tell me if you want them too.)

Edit: -force-dx11 seems to help, i could start my save two time, was it a coincidence? What that command do anyway?