New Skulls and Skeletons, wow~

2»

Comments

• AvimimusAvimimus Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214968Members
    edited December 2016
    Jamezorg wrote: »
    Avimimus wrote: »
    Morph_Guy wrote: »
    Reaper skeletons have been confirmed to be added to the Lava Zone.
    https://trello.com/c/YTMkeMKS/5960-add-reaper-skeleton-to-lava-zone

I wonder what it was doing there?

Well, if you want to get into some deep lore, we gotta go back to a time before the outbreak...

The Precursors were going extinct, and they were getting kind of desperate when it came to trying to find a cure. They rounded up a couple of each native species at the Lost River base. They found that the 'Emperor' was immune to the virus and immediately sent it down to their main headquarters in the LZ. Soon after this an infected 'Leviathan Class Creature' (probably a Dragon) broke out of the base and infected 4546B's water (probably by puking great balls o' fire everywhere; bastard didn't cover his mouth when coughing :( ). Judging by how the base looks now, I'd say some other creatures (possibly infected) broke out of that base alongside the Dragon. Maybe a Reaper helplessly swam down the ILZ entrance, trying to find a way out of the cave, and died either to a Sea Dragon, the extreme heat or the Precursors not wanting to spread the infection so they killed it immediately.

So that was my needlessly long answer to your somewhat simple question :)

Very cool.

Definitely my head cannon now.

Until I can get one that actually shoots things anyway.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    I think it would be really awesome if we find a knife embedded in one of the reaper skeletons, or lying on the ground nearby, possibly with a broken seaglide fragment next to it as well.
  • Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
    edited December 2016
    Actually, the reason Reaper skeletons are in the Lava Zone is because Sea Dragons eat Reapers.
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    Actually, the reason Reaper skeletons are in the Lava Zone is because Sea Dragons eat Reapers.

Well they do, but we don't find reapers down there, nor do we find any Sea Dragons outside of the LZ. They do leave the LZ, thanks to Degasi data downloads, but it was only to retrieve one of their young. Perhaps they do go on hunting trips now and again, although I doubt it. I doubt even more that they would carry the carcass so far, especially considering their sizes.

But you're right, Dragons do eat Reapers, but only when given the chance to :)
    edited December 2016
    On the discord one of the devs said they wanted to add some lore to the PDA entry about how Sea Dragons will take infrequent trips up to the surface to hunt Reapers.
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    One of the devs said they wanted to add some lore to the PDA entry about how Sea Dragons will take infrequent trips up to the surface to hunt Reapers.

Maybe you can find one above the Dunes ILZ entrance... Would be nice to see its glow-in-the-dark spots in an actual dark area too.

Of course, they also said they're considering sticking a bunch in and around the Void so there's that too I guess.
    edited January 2017
    The devs just put up a picture of this thing on Trello.
    .eJwNxVsOgyAQQNG9-F_BQQTcDBlxfLQ8jEzbpE33Xu_5uN_mecZmbDbmo45C8EkxlhsyY9gSZa5tVS0m_JSM79qGkoSGfpAW3GRIBuucnOSVJaFt5ywhmnlBAxqBFqVk58RMYSZFywUgDN0C2pk-mGD1BMqAiKWyP_cXnT6VXPl6fVAkLtnv2a-YqL0fa_P7A7ZeOgA.2-XABYN-T-B1R1AXho6w9C62af4?width=2000&height=1642
    This is actually terrifying.
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    .eJwNxVsOgyAQQNG9-F_BQQTcDBlxfLQ8jEzbpE33Xu_5uN_mecZmbDbmo45C8EkxlhsyY9gSZa5tVS0m_JSM79qGkoSGfpAW3GRIBuucnOSVJaFt5ywhmnlBAxqBFqVk58RMYSZFywUgDN0C2pk-mGD1BMqAiKWyP_cXnT6VXPl6fVAkLtnv2a-YqL0fa_P7A7ZeOgA.2-XABYN-T-B1R1AXho6w9C62af4?width=2000&height=1642
    w6t16cb9m4m1.jpg

Forget the rock puncher, THIS needs to be in the game! Like, ASAP!!!!!
  • TheRelmLordTheRelmLord The Void Join Date: 2017-01-04 Member: 226060Members
    Post For The Music. "Spooky Scary Skeletons Brought To You By The Living Tombstone!"
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    w6t16cb9m4m1.jpg

WHY IS THE LOST RIVER A GRAVE YARD OF DEAD CREATURES, CLEAN UP YO ACT PRECURSORS.
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    w6t16cb9m4m1.jpg

WHY IS THE LOST RIVER A GRAVE YARD OF DEAD CREATURES, CLEAN UP YO ACT PRECURSORS.

Precursor headquarters, several hundred years ago:
    "Sir, this is it, I'm afraid. There's only two of us left. The Caraar has destroyed everything we've ever worked for...."

"Alright. I never thought it would come to this. We need to do one last thing before we go."

"What?"

"You know the super-mega-ultra badass leviathan?"

"Yeah..?"

"Kill it. AND all of the fun fish. Every last one. If it looks cool KILL IT."

"What!?!?!? Are you out of your mind???"

"DAMMIT, JIM, if we don't get to enjoy this planet then over my dead body will anyone else enjoy it!!"
  • awesomeguy101awesomeguy101 Join Date: 2016-06-21 Member: 218886Members
    Skope wrote: »
    Where do you think that these skeletons will be? The Lost River would be the most obvious place, but it isn't the only place. The dunes is quite a boring place so far, so the Reaper skeletons could be placed there. What do you guys think?

Reaper bones in the Dunes makes sense, since that is basically their native Biome.
    It seems like the Crash Site was a Dunes biome before Alterra so graciously landed their ship on top of it.

Maybe that's why Reapers are so perpetually pissed off. You parked your stupid space ship on their lawn.
    Eventually the dunes will become their own biome. The reapers spawn there. It would be cool if one of the dunes became a reaper hive. With massive holes in the sand op n up to caves filled with skeletons. Or mabey that was what the aurora landed on. Anyway the dunes is will become unique biomes of their own just so we all know that.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Subnauticambria
    w6t16cb9m4m1.jpg

What if... this is the Rock Puncher?

And they're just telling us it's dead?
  • 999Antonio3849999Antonio3849 Emperor Aquarium Join Date: 2016-10-23 Member: 223324Members
    Guys if you go to the ILZ after the precursor update there are THREE REAPER SKELETONS two full one skull that epic skeleton should be alive ASAP
  • 999Antonio3849999Antonio3849 Emperor Aquarium Join Date: 2016-10-23 Member: 223324Members
    That thing looks like a claw-less sandworm aka a creature that ate reapers when it was in-game (sadly it is removed)