P.R.A.W.N. Specialty Arms...

DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
Is anybody having problems with attaching the Grappler Arm and the Drill Arm to the PRAWN Suit?

I've tried several times now, and each time I attempt to place the arm from my inventory into the either of the arm-slots they just disappear.
(this is in the STABLE branch of the game)

It's getting rather annoying because the resources to build them are also lost completely each time.

>grumble<

Comments

• SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Yes, I've had the problem too. As far as I can tell, there is no workaround besides making a separate PRAWN suit for the aforementioned arms. Hopefully, this will get fixed in the future.

Or better yet, in the present.
    hint, hint, nudge, nudge
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    Skope wrote: »
    Yes, I've had the problem too. As far as I can tell, there is no workaround besides making a separate PRAWN suit for the aforementioned arms. Hopefully, this will get fixed in the future.

hint, hint, nudge, nudge

@Obraxis
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited December 2016

hint, hint, nudge, nudge

So, if I make a second P-Suit the arms will connect on that one?
    Wasn't sure if that is what you're saying or not.
    B)
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    edited December 2016
    DaveyNY wrote: »

hint, hint, nudge, nudge

Not sure if that is what you're saying or not.
    B)

No, just to actually use your built arms, you have to build an entirely new PRAWN. Once they disappear, they're gone for good.

As a side note, you really like that emoji, don't you.

hint, hint, nudge, nudge

Not sure if that is what you're saying or not.
    B)

No, just to actually use your built arms, you have to build an entirely new PRAWN. Once they disappear, they're gone for good.

As a side note, you really like that emoji, don't you.

OK, I see what yer saying...

and yes, B)

I do.

B)

• FluffersFluffers United States Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204749Members
    My only problem with the grappler arm is that it really shows off how wonky the perspective is in the game. It makes it easier to notice that you're seeing the world smaller than it really is.
  • kubazet99kubazet99 Czech Republic Join Date: 2016-08-17 Member: 221450Members
    Me too,worst it is on torpedo arm,it is soo terible i cant use it(I cant load torpedos,i load it,nothin fire,look torp arm,and torps disapear!)
    edited December 2016
    kubazet99 wrote: »
    Me too,worst it is on torpedo arm,it is soo terible i cant use it(I cant load torpedos,i load it,nothin fire,look torp arm,and torps disapear!)

Once I lost the first two Grappler & Drills arms, I haven't even bothered to make the Torpedo one.
    B)
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    kubazet99 wrote: »

Once I lost the first two Grappler & Drills arms, I haven't even bothered to make the Torpedo one.
    B)

You're not missing much. The torpedoes are slow, the gas torpedo is almost impossible to use, and the vortex torpedo doesn't accomplish much.

You can probably do more damage with the basic claw arm, and fight safer with stasis/knife work.
  • saltyspeculasaltyspecula Join Date: 2016-12-20 Member: 225227Members
    I've had trouble switching arms too. I'm not sure if this happens to everyone, but I ended up finding after 'switching' them and having the ones I took off the prawn suit vanish, some time later they reappeared in my inventory.