Bioreactor not consuming hatched animals

MrRoarkeMrRoarke Join Date: 2016-05-16 Member: 216830Members
My bioreactor has four fish in it that I hatched, and has not consumed any of them. My base power only goes up to 50 short of what it shows it should. The problem is those fish are taking up 4 inventory slots in the reactor.

Have they changed the bioreactor to where it won't consume live fish? That's half the reason I'm running a hatchery. Fish have a high calorie count.

I'm in the current December stable build.

FX processor and Radeon graphics, if that matters.

Comments

• FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    Do you have Solar Panels, too, or another energy source? Are you using energy up. Do you dip below the power capacity of the Bioreactor provides in the process? It will only burn up the fish when it needs to produce more power. Otherwise it will be kept in reserve.
  • yungmewyungmew United States, California Join Date: 2016-12-24 Member: 225432Members
    The bioreactor will not process fuel if the base is currently at 100% power.

Which is not a bad thing.
  • MrRoarkeMrRoarke Join Date: 2016-05-16 Member: 216830Members
    Did...did either of you read what I wrote?

"My base power only goes up to 50 short of what it shows it should." I.E. it only goes up to 125/175. Meaning the Bio Reactor is empty of it's 50 charge even though it's showing items in the slots.

It's also been insta-consuming some things I put in there without adding them to the charge. It's definitely bugged. I've deconstructed and rebuilt it twice now and it runs smoothly for a little while before bugging again.
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    edited December 2016
    Still sounds like it's doing what it's supposed to be doing? The "cheapest" fish is worth 80 ep according to the SNWiki, so it won't disappear unless 80 ep is open. The other things will instantly disappear because they are <50. The Bioreactor adds energy before it clears up a spot, rather than consumes and then adds energy.

Although a permanent 125/175 or less is odd. You sure it's the bioreactor? Because I'd be more inclined to investigate the solar panels.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Yeah, check to be sure a solar panel isn't bugged.
  • MrRoarkeMrRoarke Join Date: 2016-05-16 Member: 216830Members
    All three of my solar panels are connected and powered, and power is consumed from them while I'm doing things in the base. Their charge is drained over night while the water filter plant is doing its thing or I'm using the fabricator.

I have 3 solar panels, a thermal reactor, and the bio reactor. That's 50 + 50 + 25(x3) = 175. When everything is charged it should show 175/175. Except it doesn't. It shows 125/175. I can go out and look at the thermal plant and solar panels and their charges show as 50/50 and 25/25 respectively. The bio plant has those hatched fish sitting in its hopper, but isn't consuming them to build up its charge.

I can put other stuff in there, like a creepvine seed, and it will consume it and add to the base's overall charge, while the hatched fish are still sitting there. I've intentionally stopped feeding the reactor in order to force it to consume those hatched fish, and it won't, even after I've drained all the other power sources over night.

Except some things will disappear the instant I put them in the hopper without them being added to the base's available charge. How does that sound like it's working correctly?

I've got over 330 hours in this game since April 2015. I know how it's supposed to work and I'm able to troubleshoot problems. I'm a little dismayed by you guys seeming inability to accept what I'm telling you.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    MrRoarke wrote: »
    I've got over 330 hours in this game since April 2015. I know how it's supposed to work and I'm able to troubleshoot problems. I'm a little dismayed by you guys seeming inability to accept what I'm telling you.

That little tidbit ▲ goes in there ▼. Saves everyone much troubles. Shoot an e-mail to subnautica-support@unknownworlds.com with all of the details you've got in here (a dxdiag report, probably throw the output_log.txt in there as well.
    MrRoarke wrote: »
    My bioreactor has four fish in it that I hatched, and has not consumed any of them. My base power only goes up to 50 short of what it shows it should. The problem is those fish are taking up 4 inventory slots in the reactor.

Have they changed the bioreactor to where it won't consume live fish? That's half the reason I'm running a hatchery. Fish have a high calorie count.

I'm in the current December stable build.

FX processor and Radeon graphics, if that matters.

• FrustratedFrustrated Join Date: 2016-11-04 Member: 223643Members
    I also have fish (floaters that were 'attacking' my base and making holes in it!) that do not disappear. I've not really concerned myself with it as the base it powered by solar panels as well and it doesn't run out of power.

What happens if you deconstruct all the other power sources?