New beacon icons - no no no!

FrustratedFrustrated Join Date: 2016-11-04 Member: 223643Members
Large, blue, almost opaque icons with distance measure.

Is it toggle-able? Seems not.
Are most unreadable because they overlap? Yes!

Are they overly intrusive and really annoying? I'd say hell yeah.

What do you think?

Comments

• JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    Frustrated wrote: »
    Large, blue, almost opaque icons with distance measure.

Is it toggle-able? Seems not.
    Are most unreadable because they overlap? Yes!

Are they overly intrusive and really annoying? I'd say hell yeah.

What do you think?

They are toggleable. Go onto your PDA and select the far right panel. You can also change the colours to one that doesn't stand out as badly.
  • FrustratedFrustrated Join Date: 2016-11-04 Member: 223643Members
    Will check that next time, thanks. See if it helps.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    This is still on experimental, yes?
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Will check that next time, thanks. See if it helps.

It does help a lot. You can just turn off all beacons/waypoints until you actually need to find them again.
  • 999Antonio3849999Antonio3849 Emperor Aquarium Join Date: 2016-10-23 Member: 223324Members
    The lifepod signals were annoying so I just turned them off and made my vehicle becons stand out Problems left 297482148261462984981.1
    edited December 2016
    Well they are still too big. I've turned a lot off them off, but a single beacon takes up one sixth of my screen depth. It's too much. I would like more options, keep the original, not show distance, make them smaller, remove the 'beacon image' etc.

If you have beacons that you need that are close together, it's blotting out a lot of screen space. Who knows what might lurk 'behind' them!

TBH I'm not fussed about the distance, I know roughly where they are once placed, it's just the direction.

[Yes experimental]
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    Well they are still too big. I've turned a lot off them off, but a single beacon takes up one sixth of my screen depth. It's too much. I would like more options, keep the original, not show distance, make them smaller, remove the 'beacon image' etc.

If you have beacons that you need that are close together, it's blotting out a lot of screen space. Who knows what might lurk 'behind' them!

TBH I'm not fussed about the distance, I know roughly where they are once placed, it's just the direction.

[Yes experimental]

I think they're planning on adding more customisation; colour sliders, size sliders, opacity, et cetera
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    edited December 2016
    I'm sorry, but with the title I couldn't resist.

Jamezorg wrote: »

I think they're planning on adding more customisation; colour sliders, size sliders, opacity, et cetera

That would be good
    *relief*