Subnautica for Switch

NerdyEricNerdyEric Join Date: 2016-11-15 Member: 223876Members
So Nintendo announced the switch a little while ago, but we don't really know the full power of the console and a bunch of other little details. But what are your guy's opinion on Subnautica being deved for it? I mean who wouldn't have Subnautica on the go. We don't know the power of the console yet so this may not be possible but it'd be pretty cool.

Comments

• SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    I don't think so. Subnautica's already having some troubles with Xbox, it most likely still being more powerful than the Switch, and if Xbox versions sell well, then it's off to PS4. So chances of Nintendo getting this game are slim at best.
  • NerdyEricNerdyEric Join Date: 2016-11-15 Member: 223876Members
    Yeah I guess just depends how well optimized/less power requirtive the devs can make it
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Depends on what Nintendo intends to make of the Switch as well.
  • starkaosstarkaos Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215139Members
    Skyrim Remastered is supposed to be available for the Switch due to its trailer. Even if Skyrim Remastered doesn't become available, then the Switch would have the hardware to support it or face the wrath of its fans. So Subnautica should be playable on the Switch depending on if Unknown Worlds provides similar restrictions to what is available on the Xbox One. All that matters is if Unknown Worlds and Nintendo come to an agreement to have Subnautica on the Switch.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    We don't know anything about the hardware and software support of the switch, but my guess that it's using an advanced Tegra CPU/GPU from Nvidia which means it's probably great for WiiU/PS3 levels of game quality but not much more.

I would suspect it would not be powerful enough to run Subnautica. However as I said, we don't have any real data to say either way yet.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Hah, I don't know, is it? G'night!
    If you decide to grow some balls and actually show me any of this "contradicting" or "making up" things, I'm still willing to listen. But we both know that won't happen.

Already dd that for you :) Just read it's not that hard. Use the words in this thread and stitch together the answer you like or rather don't want to hear...

Obraxis wrote: »
    We don't know anything about the hardware and software support of the switch, but my guess that it's using an advanced Tegra CPU/GPU from Nvidia which means it's probably great for WiiU/PS3 levels of game quality but not much more.

I would suspect it would not be powerful enough to run Subnautica. However as I said, we don't have any real data to say either way yet.

• SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    edited December 2016
    Obraxis wrote: »

I don't know, it might be able to. The Wii U had a game called Xenoblade Chronicles X, and the game looks gorgeous. Along with a world that greatly exceeds the size of Subnautica's world. If you haven't seen what it looks like here's a video (The video quality is a little poor, so I advise not watching in full screen.) And a large part of the games appeal was that you could go anywhere and everywhere in the entirety of the map, which apparently is bigger than Skyrim's, Fallout 4's, and The Witcher 3's worlds combined. So if that game could run on the Wii U, Subnautica definitely has a chance at being able to run on the Switch.
  • pooderpie73pooderpie73 Join Date: 2018-01-29 Member: 236184Members
    i think it needs to come out now or I will be the saddest person in the world
  • pooderpie73pooderpie73 Join Date: 2018-01-29 Member: 236184Members