NS2 and NS1 notification sounds and ringtones

2»

Comments

• DefaultErrorDefaultError Minnesota Join Date: 2013-10-31 Member: 188917Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Sweet! I have been looking for something like this for a month or so, your awesome SamusDroid!
  • Infinity_XInfinity_X USA Join Date: 2013-12-17 Member: 190195Members
    Another thanks and a bump from me! I love spending time making ringtones out of games I enjoy. I cannot excuse myself for the blasphemy of not having already done this with NS2, but you've made it extremely easy for me to atone for this sin. Thanks, SamusDroid!
  • Mad3ngineerMad3ngineer Descent Join Date: 2014-04-23 Member: 195570Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    ns2_ping for notifications. B-)
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Yeah a while ago for a little video project (tricking sampler) I was working on, I really wanted a good audio file of "my shrink says I need an outlet for my aggression", but I ended up only being able to get a really distorted version from some old NS1 files.

If anyones interested, here's what I made (never released to general public or used for anything other than my own satisfaction :P)

(Yes thats me hahah)
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yeah a while ago for a little video project (tricking sampler) I was working on, I really wanted a good audio file of "my shrink says I need an outlet for my aggression", but I ended up only being able to get a really distorted version from some old NS1 files.

If anyones interested, here's what I made (never released to general public or used for anything other than my own satisfaction :P)

(Yes thats me hahah)

There must be a corrolation between skill in ns2 and being able to do backflips. I have always wanted to do them, but can never roll far enough.
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    Meat machine... we will drop you in the middle east to solve the problems using your white ninja fu.
    james888 wrote: »

(Yes thats me hahah)

There must be a corrolation between skill in ns2 and being able to do backflips. I have always wanted to do them, but can never roll far enough.

Dbl post, sorry. IPad is a bitch.

I just blame my lack of back flips on my height. Otherwise, I could probably fly. I'll let you know how that works out... just need to cut about a foot of my legs.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    I'll be switching my notification sound to the gorge taunt asap!

I wish I had this alarm clock though: https://youtube.com/watch?v=kQ-l5PlDa-k&t=50s
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    I'll be switching my notification sound to the gorge taunt asap!

I wish I had this alarm clock though: https://youtube.com/watch?v=kQ-l5PlDa-k&t=50s
    Very off topic, but I don't know if that would be effective.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    RapGod wrote: »
    james888 wrote: »

(Yes thats me hahah)

Dbl post, sorry. IPad is a bitch.

I just blame my lack of back flips on my height. Otherwise, I could probably fly. I'll let you know how that works out... just need to cut about a foot of my legs.

Height is nothing. One of the best trickers I know is like 6 foot 5 or something, he's huge. If your technique is correct you will land it ;) send me a vid, tips for tricks are free from me :P
    Lies. It's all my height. I could do it if I were shorter %-(
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Anyone have a list of Marine Taunt quotes? I would love to incorporate in the manual I am writing.

Thanks
    @SamusDroid‌ are you able to procure the skulk walljumping sounds? If you could, I would be infinitely grateful :) It's for a little project that we will all benefit from
    Was just looking up this thread for someone, so figured I would bump it because it is awesome.
  • ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    If you want the sounds, you can access them yourself now, it's pretty easy since this thread was made.

http://aezay.dk/aezay/fsbextractor/

Go here and download this, then go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Natural Selection 2\ns2\sound

open up the .FSB you want and scour through.

You can play the sounds directly from fsbextractor to make sure they are what you want.

Related note:
    I also recommend getting fmod ex designer from the website (it's a legacy editor) and just double click on the .fev files that are in the folder to learn the folder structure and correct naming.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited May 2015
    Except that only works for half the sounds. These are the actual source now
  • ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited May 2015
    Oh what? so you are saying the sounds are no longer contained withen the bank/fsb/fev files but something entirely different :O? Curious though since those NS1 sounds are different names to the ones that come with the actual game or with the actual source-code from NS1 including being in mp3 format instead of .wav format and single/mono channel in some cases (not really a problem when in use for a phone)

That's actually weird because i've been able to extract just about all the needed sounds :S thought i might not be reaching into the furtherest reaches of what is capable

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    You can extract them but there are many missing ones that don't work, I have source of everything
  • EggOfAwesomeEggOfAwesome Join Date: 2015-01-31 Member: 201139Members
    It seems you've forgotten the best taunt.
    The Egg taunt! :D
    If it's no trouble, egg taunt please?
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Bump for appreciation, because I had to find this again
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
    I'm a regular over-sleeper... haven't been late to work since I set the distress beacon as my alarm xD
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
  • NS-SoldierNS-Soldier Join Date: 2013-01-16 Member: 179856Members
    where can i download the NS2 marine's taunt sounds?
    Which one? If you name it I can find it.
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
    edited January 2017
    @SamusDroid for eg:
    • My pshrink says I need an outlet for my aggression!
    • How do I get to be so good?
    • Ini-mini-miny-MOFO
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    It's 2019 and I still use ns1_button5 as my notification.
    Do not recommend distress beacon anymore. You'll either wake up pissed or answer phones with angry voice.

• IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    I use the ns1 chat/talk sound as my text notification, works well and doesn't sound out of place.
    Many years later of using distress.as.ring.and.alarm.tone. mentalb stability has lowered. I am now hairtriggered to a berserker state at all times. I hear footsteps