Maybe a multiplayer? A good old splitscreen?

clubmalibuclubmalibu canada Join Date: 2016-12-12 Member: 224878Members
edited December 2016 in Ideas and Suggestions
I love so much the game and I can't imagine how excited it would be to play with friends and operate vehicles together and build, etc. I am no coder, so I can't say adding a multiplayer would be easy or even possible with whatever the game plan to do. But I think we should at least think about how awesome the game would be with a online mode in the future!
PS. A splitscreen for xbox one would be so good as well.

Comments

• subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    clubmalibu wrote: »
    I love so much the game and I can't imagine how excited it would be to play with friends and operate vehicles together and build, etc. I am no coder, so I can't say adding a multiplayer would be easy or even possible with whatever the game plan to do. But I think we should at least think about how awesome the game would be with a online mode in the future!

Already been beaten to death, addressed, and beaten to death after that.
    forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/144802/coop-or-multiplayer-in-subnautica-im-afraid-not/p1

vs5vi4urjssv.jpg
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    clubmalibu wrote: »

Already been beaten to death, addressed, and beaten to death after that.
    forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/144802/coop-or-multiplayer-in-subnautica-im-afraid-not/p1

vs5vi4urjssv.jpg

I'M GETTING BETTER
  • CAPSHAWCAPSHAW Nevada Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222692Members
    do people just never read on here...I can't believe this is a question
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    edited December 2016
    I am losing it right now. I keep trying to make more but I don't want to ruin this thread.
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    It's not going to have multiplayer, for so many reasons. They'd have to rewrite chunks of the script, refine the way the entire game works, because the way it stands right now multiplayer would fundamentally not work. There's just so many things that need to be done, and it would take more than a year or two. UWE don't have more than a year or two. But hey, I'm sure modders will find a way, they did for Just Cause.
    Jamezorg wrote: »
    It's not going to have multiplayer, for so many reasons. They'd have to rewrite chunks of the script, refine the way the entire game works, because the way it stands right now multiplayer would fundamentally not work. There's just so many things that need to be done, and it would take more than a year or two. UWE don't have more than a year or two. But hey, I'm sure modders will find a way, they did for Just Cause.

This thread is now to be used exclusively for Holy Grail memes on the topic of ignorant multiplayer rants, for future reference, sir.
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    CAPSHAW wrote: »
    Jamezorg wrote: »

This thread is now to be used exclusively for Holy Grail memes on the topic of ignorant multiplayer rants, for future reference, sir.

Oh, I beg your pardon. I haven't watched that film in ages, though, I can't think of any off the top of my head :neutral: I'll re-watch it in a bit and think of one