what needs to be added/ changed

HectorroseHectorrose Join Date: 2016-10-16 Member: 223161Members
I have played sub 4 times through and have many hours in creative and I have some suggestions for the game.

-wreaks :(
whenever I play sub, I always have to look up the location of all the wreaks, so a fix for this would be to have the pda voice say something like "short range scans indicate a massive metallic structure in the region" when you are somewhat close to the wreak. After it says that it would give you a waypoint to the wreak. There should also be air pockets in the wreaks bc its very annoying to have to go in and out of them every 30s especially when you have to cut a door.

-prawn suit
There should be a drill arm in the aurora, because once you get the prawn its kinda useless until you get an arm for it. Also it would provide an easy way to get tons of recourses more early on. You should also be able to use the sonar and electric upgrades for it.

-crabsnakes
these things are under powered, they need a buff. Right now they only do 40 damage like what? they need to do at least 60.

-The reaper leviathan :smile:
in my opinion this is one of the most well done creatures in the game, because it looks like its really swimming when it swims. Also its scary (its jump scared me like 2 times). But the problem I have with it is that it ONLY does 80 damage, I know that It can also one shot you, it should one shot you 100% the time this would make it actually a danger. No change is needed to the damage when you are in the sea moth.

-The islands
You need to be able to see these from a far, because new players will have no idea that they are there unless they go close to the islands. Also when you look down at the water from far above it looks SUUPPER BADD, and it needs a fix.

-The degasi (prolly misspelled that)
before the precursors where even a thing I felt that the degasi where the main story of the game, now I know that they are not. The degas story leaves you at a annoying dead end that I felt like was never finished. They should at LEAST have the dead corpse of bard somewhere in the map to close that story, or make a more interesting outcome of bard. There also NEEEDDDs to be an exprloable degasi ship, I think in one of the data logs it said that they dismantled most of the ship, but still they should make the remains of it.

-other lifepods
MUST add corpses to these, because its terrible immersion to not.

-address the pop in :(
this is the biggest killer of immersion in the game, I even have a sad so its prolly worse for others. For example I'm entering the mushroom biome and I see a ton of brown sticks with smaller sticks coming out of it, when I get closer its my fav biome.

IF you have read this far thank you, and comment what you think about the my ideas

Comments

• DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    Some of us use the PRAWN to reach >200m depths early, so it is not useless before getting the drill (the grappling hook, on the other hand...). And corpses are def not going to be a thing; that's not the kind of game Subnautica is intended to be.

Agreed on the Degasi storyline, but the game's not finished. Might be the rest isn't implemented yet.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    You know the PRAWN can pick up resources if it has a normal hand equipped, right?
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Regarding the Degasi survivors, they built a Cyclops at one point, right? I want to see it wrecked in the Active Lava Zone, or at least by the Lost River Precursor Base, with PDA from Paul where he goes insane upon seeing the Warpers and Precursor stuff.

And then maybe a PDA on the surface of the Mountain Island from Bart, having washed up there desperately looking for a way off the planet, and then also going insane when he can't get inside to disable the gun.

For Marge, just have a recoverable Diamond Blade jammed into one of the Reaper Leviathan skulls, implying that she battled it all the way to the molten core before dying of heatstroke or getting eaten by a Sea Dragon.
  • PsyBootPsyBoot Brazil Join Date: 2015-04-13 Member: 203391Members
    Hectorrose wrote: »
    I have played sub 4 times through and have many hours in creative and I have some suggestions for the game.

-wreaks :(
    whenever I play sub, I always have to look up the location of all the wreaks, so a fix for this would be to have the pda voice say something like "short range scans indicate a massive metallic structure in the region" when you are somewhat close to the wreak. After it says that it would give you a waypoint to the wreak. There should also be air pockets in the wreaks bc its very annoying to have to go in and out of them every 30s especially when you have to cut a door.

The game is based on exploration, i really enjoy go around to find the wrecks.

-The islands: Agreed!

--other lifepods: not corpses but more things, like a flashlight or knife, builder, repair tool etc...
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    I think the lifepods being totally unoccupied is even spookier than finding corpses would be - it means something has either eaten the occupants or otherwise taken them away.

Finding corpses of the Degasi survivors would be very unlikely - it's been long enough that little more than skeletons would remain, and that's assuming they hadn't been swallowed by leviathans or something. I WOULD like to know the ultimate fate of Bart Torgal - we have a PDA log where he's clearly lamenting the fate of the other 2 while hangin' in the observatory on the island. So he either went back down and met his end, or stayed on the island until the virus killed him - either way, it feels like there should be SOME evidence of his fate. Perhaps with future updates that's coming.
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    PsyBoot wrote: »
    --other lifepods: not corpses but more things, like a flashlight or knife, builder, repair tool etc...

I'd like to see equipment floating around the life pods, instead of just being on the sea bed; even the radiation suits already in the game could be floating around, either on or just under the surface.
  • CAPSHAWCAPSHAW Nevada Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222692Members
    I want a giant deconstructor tool to salvage wrecks on my PRAWN arm please. And a gun that runs off of salt from my water filtration machine. And a reactor powered by my sheer will to survive.
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    CAPSHAW wrote: »
    I want a giant deconstructor tool to salvage wrecks on my PRAWN arm please. And a gun that runs off of salt from my water filtration machine. And a reactor powered by my sheer will to survive.

Hahaha! Nice :smile:
  • kubazet99kubazet99 Czech Republic Join Date: 2016-08-17 Member: 221450Members
    Regarding the Degasi survivors, they built a Cyclops at one point, right? I want to see it wrecked in the Active Lava Zone, or at least by the Lost River Precursor Base, with PDA from Paul where he goes insane upon seeing the Warpers and Precursor stuff.

And then maybe a PDA on the surface of the Mountain Island from Bart, having washed up there desperately looking for a way off the planet, and then also going insane when he can't get inside to disable the gun.

For Marge, just have a recoverable Diamond Blade jammed into one of the Reaper Leviathan skulls, implying that she battled it all the way to the molten core before dying of heatstroke or getting eaten by a Sea Dragon.

Man you should do thread about this.