Refund?

DarthFrascoDarthFrasco Brownsville, TX Join Date: 2016-12-09 Member: 224734Members
I was wondering if there was anyway to get a refund? I am very disappointed at the fact that I can not even enjoy any part off the game, let alone try to survive dehydration and hunger due to the horrible FPS. Plus I was hoping for multiplayer....

Comments

• XG13XXG13X VA. Join Date: 2016-12-06 Member: 224622Members
    REFUND!! from a early test release of game that is cheap already wow man some people....
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Well, he is probably entitled to it I think... On Steam you can get a refund for any unreleased game at any given time. Not sure about the Microsoft preview program though...

BUT! Microsoft is the one who handles this, so you'd have to take it up with them as far as I know
  • Pirate_finPirate_fin Finland Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217797Members
    edited December 2016
    I think that Microsoft is giving 1 1 refund per year so you could ask them :)
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    OP's probably either already got his refund, or been refused by MS, and bounced. /thread
  • CAPSHAWCAPSHAW Nevada Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222692Members
    I was wondering if there was anyway to get a refund? I am very disappointed at the fact that I can not even enjoy any part off the game, let alone try to survive dehydration and hunger due to the horrible FPS. Plus I was hoping for multiplayer....

Seriously, did you just have no idea what you bought? Doesn't the icon have Early Access or preview or something on it? Isn't there a disclaimer on the loading screen every time you fire it up? So you bought an unfinished piece of software, knowing it was unfinished, and now you want a refund because you expected it to be finished?
  • SnowballSniperSnowballSniper Join Date: 2016-12-02 Member: 224443Members

The frame rate will probably be fixed at Christmas.

And multiplayer is not coming any time soon.

• raines80raines80 Join Date: 2016-12-12 Member: 224888Members
    CAPSHAW wrote: »

Seriously, did you just have no idea what you bought? Doesn't the icon have Early Access or preview or something on it? Isn't there a disclaimer on the loading screen every time you fire it up? So you bought an unfinished piece of software, knowing it was unfinished, and now you want a refund because you expected it to be finished?

I understand what you are saying, but you are also being kind of a twit. I honestly think they should be giving out refunds to anyone who asks. I am not asking for a refund because I plan to wait, but currently I can not play my game at all. There is a difference between purchasing a "work in progress" and purchasing an unplayable game. If you do not understand the difference then I would wager you just refuse to admit when you are being a twit.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    Why are people being so harsh with the OP? Surely he is entitled to not be satisfied with a game and enquire (he didn't demand note, he enquired) about a refund? Honestly some people really need to stop getting so precious over things like this. Some seem to take it as a personal insult as if they created the game, when somebody expresses dissatisfaction. :disappointed:
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    The behavior is odd, but people do tend to be protective over stuff they enjoy. However, no need to add salt to this thread ladsNlassies :D
  • Officer_543Officer_543 46807 Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224400Members
    i should get a refund
  • OtakuPandaCXOtakuPandaCX Join Date: 2016-12-19 Member: 225158Members
    i should get a refund

You will have to go through Microsoft here.

But you have to keep in mind that they do have the right to refuse a refund.
    edited January 2017
    Myrm wrote: »
    Why are people being so harsh with the OP? Surely he is entitled to not be satisfied with a game and enquire (he didn't demand note, he enquired) about a refund? Honestly some people really need to stop getting so precious over things like this. Some seem to take it as a personal insult as if they created the game, when somebody expresses dissatisfaction. :disappointed:

The reason people are being harsh with the OP is because he suggested multiplayer. Recently a lot of members are getting hate for suggesting multiplayer.

EDIT: sorry for necroposting. Didn't realize that this thread was old.
  • DeepSea7DeepSea7 Join Date: 2017-01-01 Member: 225840Members
    edited January 2017
    I've bought early access games before, but they've never been this broken. I feel like I should be getting paid to play this game with the amount of bug reports I'm submitting. This isn't right. We're not your QA team.
    I paid $20 for a playable game that is not yet complete. NOT an unplayable game that is not yet complete.
    Here's a good video for your programmers:
    DeepSea7 wrote: »
    I've bought early access games before, but they've never been this broken. I feel like I should be getting paid to play this game with the amount of bug reports I'm submitting. This isn't right. We're not your QA team.

Tell that to @Obraxis
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    @DeepSea7 when the no-terraforming build hits XB1, you should see some improvements (So, late January - early February, IMHO).
  • DrillsergDrillserg United States Join Date: 2019-01-02 Member: 247831Members
    Frankly I want a refund to but I'm not complaining over framrate problems I literally can't play the game bought it yesterday and I can't press play literally press start at the menu screen then press a while the play button is highlighted and it does nothing I can't even move down to options i spent 30 dollars on a video of some water moving and big words subnautica over it totally not worth it. I've tried hard resttong my Xbox countless times and I'm now uninstalling and reinstalling for the 2nd time I imagine it won't work this time either.
  • MeadesJeffMeadesJeff Canada Join Date: 2019-01-01 Member: 247730Members
    It's an absolutely amazing game worth more than $30, but I play it on PC so I can't help ya. Hopefully some XBOX users know how to help you fix this.
  • maytrixmaytrix USA Join Date: 2018-12-11 Member: 245483Members
    Drillserg wrote: »
    Frankly I want a refund to but I'm not complaining over framrate problems I literally can't play the game bought it yesterday and I can't press play literally press start at the menu screen then press a while the play button is highlighted and it does nothing I can't even move down to options i spent 30 dollars on a video of some water moving and big words subnautica over it totally not worth it. I've tried hard resttong my Xbox countless times and I'm now uninstalling and reinstalling for the 2nd time I imagine it won't work this time either.

If you've just bought it, I believe you can get a refund within a certain time-frame.
  • madsaucemadsauce San Francisco Join Date: 2013-06-02 Member: 185442Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica PT Lead
    Drillserg wrote: »

I'm really sorry to hear that Drillserg, Panic Button is aware of the issue, but while we work on a solution, can you try the following:
    1. Press Xbox button and go to Home to get out of the game
    2. Press the menu button while selecting Subnautica and choose "Quit"
    3. Press the Xbox button and use the left bumper to get to the far left option and Sign out of your profile
    4. Sign back into your profile and use the same controller you used to sign in to open Subnautica
    5. Hit menu and let me know if this is working for you or not.
  • DrillsergDrillserg United States Join Date: 2019-01-02 Member: 247831Members
    Ya that didn't work either