Full game when you buy early release?

CrazewatermelonCrazewatermelon AZ Join Date: 2016-12-10 Member: 224778Members
So I just got subnautica for my pc and I really want to know if when the full game comes out do you have to pay for it or does it replace your early development game?

Comments

• RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    When version 1.0 hits live (the full game) you will get it for sure as an updated version of the EA game you bought for free, yes
    Thats the beauty of the whole concept, you buy a game in its very early version and see it evolve into the final version before your eyes :smiley:
    Not only that but you'll also get bonuses for buying the game in early access ( in this case it'll be the cute fish pet i believe)
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    You will never have to pay for it again, it's yours, including any updates to come, and when it gets released your game will simply update to version 1.0 like any other update. Even if the price increases and they decide to charge more for it when it's released, you won't have to pay again, you got it cheaper because you put your trust in them by buying early access and helped the developers by funding their game.

Same for 99.9% of early access games. Congratulations on your purchase and enjoy it.
  • CrazewatermelonCrazewatermelon AZ Join Date: 2016-12-10 Member: 224778Members
    Thanks so much guys!
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    edited December 2016
    Its amazing how people are still confused by this.
    Clearly an error in communication.
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members

I can understand someone not quite being sure of the details if they've never bought an early access game before, but I have to agree that I can't understand buying an early access game without doing your research on what exactly that entitles you to.
    It's only a google search away; you'd think it would be exactly the kind of information people would want to find out before purchase, but what ever.
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members

I can understand someone not quite being sure of the details if they've never bought an early access game before, but I have to agree that I can't understand buying an early access game without doing your research on what exactly that entitles you to.
    It's only a google search away; you'd think it would be exactly the kind of information people would want to find out before purchase, but what ever.

Checking to be certain never hurts. I look up stuff so often but just feel itchy about it - like I might have missed something - until I assure myself by asking around.
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    And what a better place to check around than the forum full of people who are in the same boat you are? I think it'd be pretty crazy to pay for a game that isn't done yet than have to pay for a game again, but that kind of crazy is so common as to be normal in many aspects of life (insurance, hospitals, school...bah). Its always good to check and be sure with the people who are right there with you.

Three cheers for a system that actually makes sense! Huzzah!
    Ralij wrote: »
    Three cheers for a system that actually makes sense! Huzzah!

5e4xq0k1l437.gif
  • HaliosHalios Oz Join Date: 2015-11-27 Member: 209514Members
    Just a small thing to add - those who purchased early (like us) will get the cutefish as a reward.

http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Cutefish
  • HiSaZuLHiSaZuL N.Y. Join Date: 2016-11-11 Member: 223803Members
    Nobody bought it for that reason *cough*
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Those who bought it really early (and for 35$) got one of these as well:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/SoulRider/inventory/#264710
  • NerdyEricNerdyEric Join Date: 2016-11-15 Member: 223876Members
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    Those who bought it really early (and for 35$) got one of these as well:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/SoulRider/inventory/#264710

Theres, um....nothing there for me.
  • Julian1337331nailuJJulian1337331nailuJ The Grand Reef Gubtorial Election Or Something. Join Date: 2016-11-12 Member: 223824Members
    You Get Premium When The Game Is Complete.