Prawn suit scanner arm

MCfan567MCfan567 Join Date: 2016-11-25 Member: 224217Members
For scanning particularly dangerous creatures.

Comments

• RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    MCfan567 wrote: »
    For scanning particularly dangerous creatures.

And pretty much anything in the ILZ/ALZ since the heat down there prevents you from being outside your exosuit anyway.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Would be useful.
    We need an Exosuit Equivalent of most hand tools.

A "Constructor" Arm that pulls Triple duty as a Builder, Welder, and Laser Cutter
    A Chainsaw arm that works the same as a knife, but can also cut through things like Coral tubes quickly.
    A "Stasis Cannon" arm that fires an instant beam that explodes into a Stasis Field on impact, rather than a slow moving Ball that has to charge up.

The option to mount extra Floodlights to the top would also be extremely useful in dark areas where its hard to see.
  • SeaBuddySeaBuddy Join Date: 2016-09-22 Member: 222511Members
    The Prawn just needs a lot more abilities and gadgets to make it a more viable option.
  • ICirceIICirceI Join Date: 2016-11-27 Member: 224267Members
    Rezca wrote: »
    And pretty much anything in the ILZ/ALZ since the heat down there prevents you from being outside your exosuit anyway.
    The heat doesn't prevent being outside of the exosuit, it merely discourages. It takes nearly 5 minutes to die from heat damage in the deepest part of the Lava zone.

SeaBuddy wrote: »
    The Prawn just needs a lot more abilities and gadgets to make it a more viable option.

The PRAWN is already too viable of an option. It removes nearly all danger from the game. I do not like it all.
    The most dangerous creatures in the game become laughable once you get the PRAWN and right now, it isn't even that hard to get. It takes about an hour to get one after starting a fresh game.
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    ICirceI wrote: »

The PRAWN is already too viable of an option. It removes nearly all danger from the game. I do not like it all.
    The most dangerous creatures in the game become laughable once you get the PRAWN and right now, it isn't even that hard to get. It takes about an hour to get one after starting a fresh game.

I still think the Sea Dragon's attack where it munches on your seamoth should extend to the Exosuit as well, if it somehow manages to catch you close enough to do so and if it does so when the suit's low enough on health it'll just swallow it. How frightening would it be if you're stuck in your sub/suit watching that!

Or at the very least, just chomp down and wreck it, then grab you when you're out and helpless I guess. But the thought that it could eat your submarine/suit with you still inside would be pretty cool - as long as they're not at full health that is, so it wouldn't just be an instant kill whenever.
  • ICirceIICirceI Join Date: 2016-11-27 Member: 224267Members
    edited November 2016
    I actually like that idea. As it is right now, you can just grapple the Sea Dragon and he will happily swim around with you attached to him and he will not even attempt to hurt you.
    The most fun I have in this game is when I start over and everything is dangerous again.
  • DragonNoir0DragonNoir0 Québec Join Date: 2016-11-27 Member: 224302Members
    I do not think that the exosuit is too OP for the balance of the game, what I think is all the elements of balanced aren't fully implemented. For now, the fish AI have only two command : Passive and aggressive. This will surely be upgraded to more pattern and responsivity. In other word, the game isn't as hard as it will be. Lots of mechanics miss too, like those who'd permit the exosuit and cyclops to get eaten by sea monsters. Time will come when it WILL happen, and we'll be frightened.

But for the main subject, wich is here, I recall, the Tool Arms. That idea is nice, I like it very much. since it mean more uttility to the PRAWN (Wich I must still figure out HOW to get...)
  • SeaBuddySeaBuddy Join Date: 2016-09-22 Member: 222511Members
    edited December 2016
    I know I'm a little impatient child, but the Prawn suit needs to be faster!!!
  • CaricaCarica US Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214970Members
    ICirceI wrote: »

It takes about an hour to get one after starting a fresh game.

yeah it's quite easy to get it. all you really need for it is of course a scanner, welder and laser cutter... most of the ingredients to make them are very easy to get.... just go to mountain island to get a diamond (which is the most time consuming task) for the laser cutter.
    you can jump/bypass everything else.... other than the fire extinguisher, and you need 2 or 3 to get to the prawn bay.

the harder part is getting the aluminum oxide and uraninite crystals.... found them in the grand reef.