Creature Suggestion Thread! (Add Yours!)

Comments

• CAPSHAWCAPSHAW Nevada Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222692Members
    (Don't add this one, just for fun)(No Name)-A silver ball that goes about the ocean. IF you attack it will shape shift into a weapon or predatory creature.

Have you ever seem the movie Sphere? You should at least look up the plot on Wikipedia or something. If you watch it, you will apprecheatie this game more.
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    (Land Creature-Possible New list?) Yeti-A creature that lives on an "Arctic Island". It lives inside caves and is bi-pedal and covered by white fur.
  • SPIRIN1224SPIRIN1224 Moon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203469Members
    Kraken - Come close to it and everything goes dark, SUPERHOT slamming frames, and game crash!!!
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    edited October 2016
    SPIRIN1224 wrote: »
    Kraken - Come close to it and everything goes dark, SUPERHOT slamming frames, and game crash!!!

Sorry if this sounds like criticizing or something but......No. How bout this instead:
    Kraken-A large squid that lives deep in the ocean. It will attack your subs (not the PRAWN) and will eventually destroy them. If you get to close outside of a sub it will eat you. (The screen goes black once it eats you)put it under @SPIRIN1224 name)
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members

Go home Danny2462, you're drunk again.
    edited October 2016

I think you mean @SPIRIN1224 , not Danny2462.
    (Variant)Frost Peeper-A frosty version of the peeper
    Frost Boomerang-A frosty version of the Boomerang
    Frost vine-A vine that hangs on the walls of the arctic caves (see my discussion!)
    Ice Crawler-A creature that crawls along icy surfaces sucking up microbes as it goes along
    @ReaverMachete , are you still using this thread?
  • Hammy2211Hammy2211 Join Date: 2016-10-18 Member: 223218Members

I think you mean @SPIRIN1224 , not Danny2462.

He's referring to a semi-popular Youtuber known for breaking the hell out of Kerbal Space Program. To be perfectly honest, Spirin's phrasing did sound kind of like something Danny would say.

Glad to see I'm not the only Danny fan on here, though.
    edited November 2016
    Land Creature-Island Mesmer-An evolved Mesmer that dwells on the Island. Like the Mesmer (sea), it attracts prey by luring them in with hypnotic abilities.
    Behemoth-A big, strong, grey creature that roams the various Islands in small groups. They are semi-intelligent and are covered in thick plating and small spikes.
  • JBmysterygamer3JBmysterygamer3 Join Date: 2016-11-17 Member: 224006Members
    So while I was exploring the island where the gun should be (playing on experimental haven't figured out snapshots yet :/ ) looking at the birds got me thinking if neutral flying creatures are possible what about hostile flying creatures make thing interesting while your gets a breath for air or going to the island. A creature maybe like a Dragon or a hostile bird traveling across the map in like a giant circular path or simply back and fourth between the islands. Good idea? I don't blame you if it isnt.
    So while I was exploring the island where the gun should be (playing on experimental haven't figured out snapshots yet :/ ) looking at the birds got me thinking if neutral flying creatures are possible what about hostile flying creatures make thing interesting while your gets a breath for air or going to the island. A creature maybe like a Dragon or a hostile bird traveling across the map in like a giant circular path or simply back and fourth between the islands. Good idea? I don't blame you if it isnt.

Good Idea. The dragon, not so much but the rest is good :D

Yeah I can imagine escaping the planet and a Dragon shoots you down if the gun doesn't the Dragon does xD

Yeah I can imagine escaping the planet and a Dragon shoots you down if the gun doesn't the Dragon does xD

HAHAHA! So true!
    CAPSHAW wrote: »
    (Don't add this one, just for fun)(No Name)-A silver ball that goes about the ocean. IF you attack it will shape shift into a weapon or predatory creature.

Have you ever seem the movie Sphere? You should at least look up the plot on Wikipedia or something. If you watch it, you will apprecheatie this game more.

Honestly when I see silver ball I think of an escaped experiment that the precursors could have created :D

Honestly when I see silver ball I think of an escaped experiment that the precursors could have created :D

Same Here!

Same Here!

When the sea emperor escapes that one containment by the lost river what else could have escaped
    *besides maybe the virus*?

Same Here!

When the sea Dragon escapes that one containment by the lost river what else could have escaped

Eh, other experiments, other diseases and maybe some other creatures.

Same Here!

When the sea Dragon escapes that one containment by the lost river what else could have escaped

*Data collection* a very damaged structure in which housed many infected creatures stored to stop the virus
    *turns back* encounters infected creature *animation of getting bit* *system warning virus detected you must find a cure within 5 days or *static* *system offline*

To much?

Same Here!

*Data collection* a very damaged structure in which housed many infected creatures stored to stop the virus
    *turns back* encounters infected creature *animation of getting bit* *system warning virus detected you must find a cure within 5 days or *static* *system offline*

To much?
    no.

Same Here!

To much?
    no.

At that point it's now life or death situation :D but idk I'm no developer more of a idea maker :P

Same Here!

To much?
    no.

At that point it's now life or death situation :D but idk I'm no developer more of a idea maker :P

By "no." I mean't it's not too much.
  • BanquoBanquo Join Date: 2016-11-17 Member: 224022Members
    Cthulhu. End of discussion.

Devs, you may now lock this thread.

:D
    Banquo wrote: »
    Cthulhu. End of discussion.

Devs, you may now lock this thread.

:D

Do not lock!
  • TheLordEternalTheLordEternal The Earth Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206851Members
    Something like this would be nice. Perfect blend of creepy and cute/interesting really.
    http://imgur.com/gallery/qi3s5
  • themaelstormthemaelstorm Germany Join Date: 2016-11-03 Member: 223623Members
    I'm going to read the suggestions after writing mine as I am very curious on suggestions but I don't want to get affected (I'm sure there will be similarities, great minds think alike!)

(Color)star=An array of starfish living in different biomes. They move very slowly or static. They can be picked up. Their size also varies from very small (peeker size) to giant (sandshark size between two arms)
    Recipe: (Color)star+Bleach=Dried (Color)star. You can place them on interior walls.

Salvagecrab=They have unique enzymes that can shape metal. They take metal salvages and use them as home (you don't see this in game). Stalkers try to pick them.
    Their size also changes. Their behaviour is depending on their size and the beings around them.
    They will usually be in grasses, "eating".
    If something twice their size approaches, they hide. If it's smaller, they attack. If damaged, they hide.

Deepmother=A rather large fish resembling a pufferfish. Has two small bio fluorescent eyes to draw prey. Once something is closed, the horrible truth is revealed! It's bloated body is actually a skin covering many, many children. Suddenly the skin comes up (The skin looks batlike, thin) and the children will attack.
    They have a weakness though: Light disturbs them to no end, making children swim back to mother and blinding the mother.
    Basically her body has a lot of spherical spots where the children crawl.

Deepswarm=A rare sight. Once the children are mature enough, they will devour the deep mother. Then they will devour each other in a frenzy. In this state, they will even ignore light. If anyone gets any close, they will ferociously attack as a team, then go back to their fight. The one who devours the rest will burrow deep down the seafloor and enter a sort of coccoon to become a new deepmother.
    But when the fight is over, they will be extremely lethargic. This is the only time one can be captured. It's very tricky. If you get close too early, you will be attacked. If you are late, they will burrow down. This fight will always happen close to seafloor.
    Also, maybe a special left-over from deepmother can be collected.

Smilefish=Basically dolphins that has a different body. They will swim with the player. If fed, they will even treat the player as their own, trying to distract attacking predators. If harmed, they will swim away. They will typically swim in groups of 3-5.

Crawler=Geoduck that can be found in shallows. Can be cooked but not cured. Very nutritient.

Sticker=Oysters that will appear everywhere. Can be picked up and eaten. Little nutrition. Cooking doesn't increase it by much, so eating them won't be a big loss.

Melter=They look like sticker but has a red or green bio fluorescent strip around their shell. They will multiply and if not taken care of, will damage and flood bases.
    Maybe make the dunes more interesting by adding a creature that hides in the sands
    Maybe make the dunes more interesting by adding a creature that hides in the sands

Um, Sandshark?
    (Land Creature-Possible New list?) Yeti-A creature that lives on an "Arctic Island". It lives inside caves and is bi-pedal and covered by white fur.

Maybe also have a degasdi survivor trap in ice?
    (Variant)Frost Peeper-A frosty version of the peeper
    Frost Boomerang-A frosty version of the Boomerang
    Frost vine-A vine that hangs on the walls of the arctic caves (see my discussion!)
    Ice Crawler-A creature that crawls along icy surfaces sucking up microbes as it goes along

Frost Vine as in a icecicles

And also was thinking having a few glaciers
    Ice bergs and add weather for the planet