Grand Reef Gubernatorial Election

subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
Having just come off of an intense Subnautican presidential campaign, it would be understandable to consider planet 4546B's election season over. However, an equally important race has still yet to be decided- the Grand Reef Gubernatorial Election!

As one of the largest and most populous biomes, the Grand Reef and surrounding counties play a huge role in the decisions of the Subnautican planetary senate and the current President Elect. As a haven for thousands of small fauna, the Grand Reef is one of the most populous areas. Beautiful sights and the towering coral arch sky(water?)line helped cement this biome as one of 4546B's most influential precincts. However, this influential area has been struck with many influential, policy-splitting issues. Some issues on this year's ticket are:
  • The growing representation of the Deep Grand Reef district, previously ignored and under-represented in the electorate
  • The over-farming and land exploitation of the booming sea treader population, argued to be disfiguring the landscape
  • The attitude to the nearby sparse reef and its denizens, after the teleportation debacle rendered it barren in 25,480 AP (anno precursori)
  • Relief and repopulation efforts for the recent Aurora earthquake and explosion debacle that wiped out at least half of the entire biome
  • Border conflicts and disputes between the Grand Reef and the NVP (national violence party) dominated dunes biomes directly adjacent.

Comments

• JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    I'm joining the crabsquids, because they're awesome.

That's it.

They're awesome.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I hate you so much right now!!!

Nah kiddin' I love all of ya :D
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    All right, you all asked for another poll, so here ya go! If bugzapper expands the story of 4546B, then I will expand the politics!

I think the polling will be open for about 5 days to a week and a half, at which point I'll consider it closed and the winner chosen.

As for my vote, I guess you could say I felt compelled to vote Mesmer. :wink:
  • JoeakuakuJoeakuaku USA Join Date: 2016-04-10 Member: 215614Members
    But why not vote rockpuncher?

0pvf6zq43bzk.png
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    can't... resist... the mesmer... it's so... beautiful...
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    edited November 2016
    Joeakuaku wrote: »
    But why not vote rockpuncher?
    0pvf6zq43bzk.png

At press time, no rock puncher candidates could be found for comment on the election :disappointed:

Although, something tells me they're more active in the campaign than you'd think...
    7ysotzp0qdoo.jpg
  • hugothesilverdragonhugothesilverdragon canad Join Date: 2015-11-30 Member: 209620Members
    i had to vote reaper because i know what in is like to be misunderstood being a large predator my self
    edited November 2016
    i had to vote reaper because i know what in is like to be misunderstood being a large predator my self

Ah yes, the star member of the NVP. The National Violence party has carried several votes this election cycle, though it was devastated by the scandals surrounding the sea dragon leviathan. The party, on the rise since the past few updates, includes such popular demographics as the bonesharks, ampeels, and cave crawlers. The stalkers and sandsharks also swear allegiance to this party's ideals, though many of them have departed from the main body to form the Greater Ambush Association and the Anti-Peeper Party.

In the most recent election cycles, however, pushback against the party on the grounds of extensive proliferation have hampered their movement, resulting in the loss to the National Stalker Awareness Association in the recent Presidential Election.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Let's make the Grand Reef RRRRRRRAAAAAARRRRGH again
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue

I have this strange feeling this election might be rigged
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    Have to go with the Reefback, let us all be together in harmony while being serenaded by those lovely deep songs. ooohhhmmmmm
    Kouji_San wrote: »

I have this strange feeling this election might be rigged

Oh really?
    z2jufukw8ed0.jpg

Yes, I really like this image :smiley:

• phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    edited November 2016
    I'm surprised nobody's come up with the hillersea Clinton or pondald trump puns yet

Don't worry I got more

Ted cruise
    Bernie sand-ers
    Baracuda obama
    Ronald sting raygan

*you man now through your tomatoes at the failed comedian*
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    @phantomfinch
    photo.jpg
    You two could be best friends.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Glory to Biter! Greatest fish in ocean!
    I thought the crabsquid would be doing better! He had such a great speech last night! That was before he burst all of the lights on stage and every audience member's phone batteries, but still, you gotta have respect for the guy, he's really doing a good job. VOTE CRABSQUID!
    why am i getting so invested in this
    Jamezorg wrote: »
    I thought the crabsquid would be doing better! He had such a great speech last night! That was before he burst all of the lights on stage and every audience member's phone batteries, but still, you gotta have respect for the guy, he's really doing a good job. VOTE CRABSQUID!

B̶̨̢̥̹̝͖̎͐͛̆̽̕ư̹̫̱͚̻̘͂̊͊͞ẗ̶͕̹̙͇͎̥́͐͂̄͗̄ t̨̡̤̰̘̥̥̳̯̞̒̐͊̚͡h̶̻͇̖͉̪̙̩͒͂̇̓̏̓͂̈͛̃͢ͅẽ̴̢̘̝̬̼̀̉̎͋͊̃̂̕ m̠̗̩̼̭̾͌͗̊̎͋͜e̛̻̺̰̼̘̻͊̀͑͘͞s̶̛͉͚̺̹͙̰͍̊̌̒́̿̕m̸̡̼̭̰͉̳̭̯̞̓͂̂͌̒e̩̣̳̣̤͋̈́̄̏̃͂̏̐̓r̵͔͙̙̓̔͊͌͌͢͜ w̶̡̝̥̩͈̘͉͖̙̪̏̌͌͛͝a̶̢̼̬̲̖̦̅̎̑̓̽s̴͚̠̼̭̹̬̲̳̺̯̆̀̄̀̓̊̚͝ ş͕̥̼͉̞͆̌̏̒͂͢o̷̼̰̖̟̟͍̞̭̬̎͐̽̈́͒͘̚ c̷̛̮̦̞͕̠̊̾̏͌͠ọ̵̣̺̹̜̀̈̉̓́̂̔́̕͞ͅn̵̨̛̺̱̮̫͇̫̓̇̉̒̕v̸̝̱̟͙̻̓̐́͒̏̚͟ỉ̧̗̲͎̰̀̄̓͐̊̈́̕͘͠n̷̞̗̟̤̱͎̐̃̽̀̎͋̃̾ͅć̼͈̪̩̎̃͊̑͢͢ͅi̴̖̖̜̱͐͊̄̂̋̍ͅn̛̤̞̱̭̋̿͒̅̓̂̈́̐͢g̵̨̦̹̹̟̙̗̀̄̆͑͝.̶̬̦̞̭̹̀͛̌̿̊̃̕͡.̵̡̼̖͓͙̪͓̱̀̀̎́̄͛͑̐͢͡.̴̨͙̙̟̙̙̻̟̈̎̋̍͌̾͌̑͟͟͞͠

B̶̨̢̥̹̝͖̎͐͛̆̽̕ư̹̫̱͚̻̘͂̊͊͞ẗ̶͕̹̙͇͎̥́͐͂̄͗̄ t̨̡̤̰̘̥̥̳̯̞̒̐͊̚͡h̶̻͇̖͉̪̙̩͒͂̇̓̏̓͂̈͛̃͢ͅẽ̴̢̘̝̬̼̀̉̎͋͊̃̂̕ m̠̗̩̼̭̾͌͗̊̎͋͜e̛̻̺̰̼̘̻͊̀͑͘͞s̶̛͉͚̺̹͙̰͍̊̌̒́̿̕m̸̡̼̭̰͉̳̭̯̞̓͂̂͌̒e̩̣̳̣̤͋̈́̄̏̃͂̏̐̓r̵͔͙̙̓̔͊͌͌͢͜ w̶̡̝̥̩͈̘͉͖̙̪̏̌͌͛͝a̶̢̼̬̲̖̦̅̎̑̓̽s̴͚̠̼̭̹̬̲̳̺̯̆̀̄̀̓̊̚͝ ş͕̥̼͉̞͆̌̏̒͂͢o̷̼̰̖̟̟͍̞̭̬̎͐̽̈́͒͘̚ c̷̛̮̦̞͕̠̊̾̏͌͠ọ̵̣̺̹̜̀̈̉̓́̂̔́̕͞ͅn̵̨̛̺̱̮̫͇̫̓̇̉̒̕v̸̝̱̟͙̻̓̐́͒̏̚͟ỉ̧̗̲͎̰̀̄̓͐̊̈́̕͘͠n̷̞̗̟̤̱͎̐̃̽̀̎͋̃̾ͅć̼͈̪̩̎̃͊̑͢͢ͅi̴̖̖̜̱͐͊̄̂̋̍ͅn̛̤̞̱̭̋̿͒̅̓̂̈́̐͢g̵̨̦̹̹̟̙̗̀̄̆͑͝.̶̬̦̞̭̹̀͛̌̿̊̃̕͡.̵̡̼̖͓͙̪͓̱̀̀̎́̄͛͑̐͢͡.̴̨͙̙̟̙̙̻̟̈̎̋̍͌̾͌̑͟͟͞͠

It is your primary directive to vote for this beautiful cre-a-t-u-r-e...
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    Jamezorg wrote: »

A̟̞̤̘͓̮͗͌̌̔̾́̐͞L̲͔̭̉̀̉̈́̾̿̚͢͟Ĺ̶̛̼̠̮͍͈̬̋̈́͆̚͜͢͡͝ G̷̦̳̪̤̰͌̑̋̓͐̕͘͢͠L̨͇̪̫̤̹̟̤̖̰͌́̀̈͆͆́̾̍Ǫ̵̟̪͖̪͛̃̌͛͘ͅR̺̺̪͉͊͑̒̃̇̽͊̅̇͟Y̸̨̛͉̜̼̣͉̓̎̉͝͠͝͠ T̷̲̣̺̭͔̲͙̲̗͗́̋̾̕͘͡Ö̸̡̠̖̯̦̤́̆̊̑͒ T̰͚̤̮̭͔̝̆̐̀́̆͆̿̐͜H̴̡̝̝͖̮̥̤̏̓̍̃̍̃̈Ȩ̡̙̰̳̭̣̅̒͌̑͌͗̋̿͟͢ M̸̲͖̗̬̖̂̈́͐̊̔̓͌͘͠ͅͅE̗͚̖̝͉͎̤͋͗̄͗̐̈́S̩̯̪͍̊̏̀̓̿̊̀̀͟M̸̡̢̺̭͕̭̪̝̮͌̒̇̌̒̇̈͜͞͝E̸̛̛̜̞̦͇̜͈͐̓̂̈́̂͠R̸̢̢͖͍̀͋̽́̚͟͡
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    With all these Mesmer comments, I wonder if anyone notices that the Reefback is up in the polls.
  • BENSKIBENSKI Join Date: 2016-08-07 Member: 221063Members
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    edited November 2016
    I am so proud of this thread. I'll have you know I saved every one of those pictures.
  • LeonDOGELeonDOGE France Join Date: 2016-01-16 Member: 211525Members
    lmao Reefbacks right away!
    I'll have you know I saved every one of those pictures.

You just saved them! I have the Reefback one as my screensaver!
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    edited November 2016
    T̠̬̪̞̘͉̐͐́́̐͘͢Ḩ̸͖̥̲̫̭̯̙̒̎͑̂̈̏̉̅͜E̸̢̡̜͚̫̔͊̓̀͠Y̡̙͈̤͎̟̺͒͑͛̽̂̔̐͗̇ͅ W̵̦͖̣̱̭̪̙̹̒͌̐̔̀̾̌͘͡I̵̢̫̼̺̺̖̩̬̓̔̈́̀̈́̋͢͞͠L̴̛̖̙̪̟̗̟̞̟̲̓͗͋̄̓̿L̲̗̝̺̠͉̦̿͑̍͛͗̒͛͝͝͞ B̳͔̘̟̹̑̌̌̃͛̉̾͘͘͢Ḛ̶̞̺̱̱͕̫̮̀̄͋̍̈͜͜͠͞Ţ̹̪̦̦̞̞̩̣̓̒̉͂͆̀͢R̴̦͈̥͇̝̻̝̫͋̇́̒́͋͐͛̚Ȁ͇͇̖̠̤͈̅̀̒̅͒͗́̇Y̜͙͓̦͕̮̗̦̑̑͗̕̚ͅ Ȳ̸̡̢̛͙̱̜̜̺̦̲̐̓̔̈̅̍̂͝Õ̷̡̠̼̱̬̺͖͇̀̆̊̕͘͢͡U̸̟̖͔̯̥͚̫̲̣͗̄͒͒̅͜͞.̶̧̢̛̜̮̻̱̩͉̄́̈́̽̒͘͟ Y̧̡̮̰̭̤̋͌̂̎̓̄͘͜͟Ǫ͎͎̯̼͔͕̰̪̋͑̈́̚U̸͇̟͉̳̩̾͂̊͆̑̒͘ͅ C̤͓̹̫͕̗̤̯̪͛̎̐̔́̇̒͑̕͟Ǎ̡̨̝̤̗̗͎͙̥̟͂̓̃͛̿̄̄̾͠Ņ̵͎̼̰̭̪̲̥̦̰̀̇̈́̂̚͡N̡̨̛͖͇͖̿̂̏̆̈́́͂̚Ǫ̨̛̺͌̊̇̊͑͟͜͠T̢̡̧͚̬͎͙͕̄͒̈̍͛̕̕ T̛̥͔̩͚͓̲̼̱̞̓̒͐̂̑̅͑͞Ȑ̶̭͎̼̭͍̲͓̉̈́̀̂͆̈̌̆͟͡Ù̷̞͎̪̝͍͓͒̑͌͌̅́̋͑͜͡S̷̨̧͙̯̗̬̐͒̈͐̀̂̀̍ͅŢ̖̗͍̥̻̲̄̈́̏̈́̓̉̕̚͢͞ T̷͔̣̜̞̲̞̙̜̥̆̑̀̒͝H̯͍̩̬̖̟͉͖̹̓̊̅͛̏̋̂̓̚͞É̶̝̺͕̭͖̘̪̀̉́̑͘͢͞ͅM̷̨̛̼̗̱̮̩̑̊̒̿͟.̛͉̜̥̘̺̺̦͑̒̆̒̄̍͑͝͝ Y̸̧͖̖̞͍̖̥͒̽̃̊̍͋͘͘O̴̩͈̝̺̰̖̦̭͐͒̈́̈́́̅̚͟͠ͅŰ̢͕͉̣̟̳̪̠̩̙̂̽̇͌R̻̲͉̼̅͑͌͗͑̑͗ͅ Ǫ̶̨̣̺̘̱͎̖̊̋̏́̇̈̉Ń̸̡̞̙̪͉̳̏͋͊̅̊̄͜͢͞L͉̮̠̪͍̣͎̦͌͂̈̓̓̅̒̚͘͠Ý̴̝̥͉̣̺͎͆̊̆͊̆̾̍̉͟͝ Ş̷̡͚͇̖̠̼͕̞̺̂̾̃̃͘͠͞͝A̶̢̝̼̙̣͔̫̣̒̏̒̅̽̒̓̕̕͢͟͡F̨͕̻͎̬͍̟͋̔͑̾̀͞͝E̢̹͓̲̯̼̒̓͑̄̕̚͜͞͞Ṭ̨̨̫̺̗̠̰͖͐̓̈̅͘̚͝Ý̛͙͚̹̫̩̻̠͋͂̀̆́̔̓͝ͅ I̷͉͇̝͙̾́̑̎͊̈́̓̕͜Ș̷̨̯̱̝̾̈̽̒̏̀ W̴̢̬̭͙͙̔͋͑̓̀I̭̳̯̬̥͓̰̘̿̃̿͗̋̄̀͟͞ͅȚ͓̙͉̭̞̂̊̉́̓̀H̵̲̜̪̙̦̩̃̀̂͒̓͡͝ Ǔ̸̠͚̜̻̟͖͊͛̍͘͜S̸̡̡̠̙̯͈̩͍̿̄͌̊̈́̑̕͝.̸̞̮͇̠̪͚͂̏͊̿̓̎̃̚͜ͅͅͅ Ç̷̳͇̯̠͖̓͊̾̃͛͌͘͝͞͞ͅŐ̵̧̪̻̱͍͓̘̺̅̒͞͡M̺̘̜̻͉͙̪̎̽̂̓̉̓̾͛͑̑Ê͕͍̤̖͕͓̬̌͌͋̀͛͢͠.̧̥̪̺̩̩͓̻̀̀̇̃͟͞ W̡͙̮̳̥͎͚͈̩͛͂̓̊̀̐̔̕̕͝E̴͚̹̮͇͉̼͈̳̽̂͊͒̓͋̂̅͆ W̡̧̨̭͇̦̳̒͑̿̇̌̑̈́̒̕ͅI̴̛̖̝̦̪̟͕̼͐̾͂̏̑̆͗̿̓L̛̲̠̠͎̻͋̈̈̏̌̉̇̏Ľ̲̫͇̟͙͍̼̀̿̾̽̚͘͜͢ P̵̘̟̥̠̦̭͇̜̰̈́̆̾̈́̒̅̕͜͡Ŕ̵̯̪̼͇̹̳̗̗̂̈͆̉̋͝͞͠O̵̖̼͔̜͈͊̓̀̉̉T̵̢̠͉̻̯͚͖̀͑̄̓̔͢͜͠E̢͍̙̱͓̣̼͈͇͛̂͆̀͑͌̍͐C̘̰͖̫͔͑̏͌́̈́̌ͅŢ̸̟̘̱̮̳̐͆͒͌͗͟͝ Y̵̥̳̤͙̝̩̯̏̽́̔͛͒O̡͎̳̖̺͈̱͍͌̈́͛̿̐͑̓̔͘͜Ų̲̣̲̞̝͚͎̀͐̿̿̽̋͂̅ͅ.̨̹̹̩̝̬̖̇͌͐̀̎͠
    y4ikk59mekck.jpg
    a8c.jpg 30.5K
  • LonnehartLonnehart Guam Join Date: 2016-06-20 Member: 218816Members
    I wanted to vote for the Peeper but since it wasn't on the ballot...

Waitaminute... Why'd I vote for the Mesmer?