Subnautica General Election

subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
Corresponding to the US election, Subnautica too shall have its own election. Feel free to write in your own candidate and comment who you would choose!
And yes, if you were wondering why there are only two options, it is because I accidentally pressed enter without knowledge that that would directly post the poll.

Comments

• SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    I must vote for the Peeper, as it has never meant me any harm in its lifetime. All the Peepers sacrifice themselves for my greater good every day in a most noble way. The Peeper shall make the oceans great again!
    That and the Reaper would still eat me even if I voted for him.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    edited November 2016
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Reefback

The quiet tranquility and levelheaded decision-making, as well as the natural tendency to cooperate with local flora and fauna make this candidate an appealing choice. However, foreign policy decisions regarding the subjects of the National Violence Party and a strict anti-immigration policies (enforced strictly by localised tigerplant deterrences) leave a sour taste in a few voters' mouths.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    The Sea Dragon Leviathan would also have been a probable candidate for the National Violence party, but he was found to have been affiliated with a skirmish that resulted in the damage of several Cyclops-class submarines and the death of over 5 Lava lizards in the ensuing violence.
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    I normally vote NSAA, but the Reaper managed to sway me. By that I mean he held me and my Seamoth hostage until I voted for him.
    I normally vote NSAA, but the Reaper managed to sway me. By that I mean he held me and my Seamoth hostage until I voted for him.

The Reaper does have a very good form of...ahem..."persuasion"
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    Skope wrote: »

The Reaper does have a very good form of...ahem..."persuasion"

Does eating all of the political opponents living in your biome count as gerrymandering?
    Depends, as a candidate of the NVA, wouldn't eating all creatures in the area be part of his campaign?
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    What about the hoverfish? Vote for the little guy!
    edited November 2016
    Ralij wrote: »
    What about the hoverfish? Vote for the little guy!

Ah yes, the hoverfish. An outsider candidate, coming out from the sidelines during the early election. This fish maintains that it is separate from the "big fin" lobby, choosing instead to rely on charged hover pads on its feet for locomotion; A system that this fish maintains keeps "99% of the water molecules in control of the 1% of muscle tissue."
    in case you haven't gotten the joke yet...
    jvpm8hgbwmg2.jpg
    Reefback

The quiet tranquility and levelheaded decision-making, as well as the natural tendency to cooperate with local flora and fauna make this candidate an appealing choice. However, foreign policy decisions regarding the subjects of the National Violence Party and a strict anti-immigration policies (enforced strictly by localised tigerplant deterrences) leave a sour taste in a few voters' mouths.

Heh, so I chose Reefback due to their personality agreeing with me, but IRL, I would have vastly preferred Rand Paul win... I think he fits with Reefback. Thoughts? Or is that outside the intended scope of the thread? If so, I'll edit this out.
    Reefback

Heh, so I chose Reefback due to their personality agreeing with me, but IRL, I would have vastly preferred Rand Paul win... I think he fits with Reefback. Thoughts? Or is that outside the intended scope of the thread? If so, I'll edit this out.

Nah, just go here. I already made a thread for that :smile:
    So, when will the president of Subnautica be elected?
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    Skope wrote: »
    So, when will the president of Subnautica be elected?

Right now.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am proud to present the first fauna president elect of planet 4546B...

The Peeper from the NSAA!
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    I applaud the peeper for a brilliantly orchestrated campaign. Just don't knock on my door, because I'll still eat you if you get too close.
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    When will she make her celebratory speech?
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    Make the ocean great again - Peep Pence

Peeper : "We're gonna build a base, and we will get the Precursors to pay for that base. And the base will have a big and beautiful gun, and we will let every safe ship onto our planet."

Stalker: "So, the Precursors have stated that they will not pay for that gun, how do you feel about that?"

Peeper: "Let me tell you, that base just got ten feet deeper."
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Oh gaaawd dammit, my internet has been invaded by politics and now by parody politics :D
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Oh gaaawd dammit, my internet has been invaded by politics and now by parody politics :D

If you can't beat 'em, join em...
    Also, I just realised your avatar's eyes move... that's... that's cool. I can't believe I didn't notice it actually...
    When will she make her celebratory speech?

I don't care much for what she says, but Abandon Ship has to playing in the background.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Jamezorg wrote: »
    Kouji_San wrote: »

If you can't beat 'em, join em...
    Also, I just realised your avatar's eyes move... that's... that's cool. I can't believe I didn't notice it actually...

I'm trying to avoid the shizzle yo, but I keep encountering it ALL OVER THE INTATWEBS

Yeah blinky is oldschool, but he is now low def due to these here new forums not allowing more than 4Kb for gifs... Used to be a glorious 200x200 high def gif man T_T
  • killmeplease911killmeplease911 hanging out with ur mum Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217424Members
    I support the more moderate option- I think this one incorporates my favorite ideals from both candidates.
    u0yqnzvyq8bh.jpg

that photo is too dank mang
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    I want more selection! Make more candidates in another poll.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Vote Reaper
    Make Subnautica RRRRRAAAAAAAAAAARGGHHH Again
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    edited November 2016
    Here are some of my election suggestions:
    Warper (public health/safety party)
    Stalker (anti-peeper party)
    Scuba Steve (????)
    ReefBack (????)
    PLS Add!!!