We're gonna need a bigger seamoth...

subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
So, here's a thing I found... I'm going to post this in the bug forum as well as the general discussion, so double post warning. I just think this makes as good discussion fodder as bug fodder- and I really hope this is a bug.

Anywho, I happened to be swimming around in the safe shallows, and through some shenanigans ended up clipping through the ground. I decided to make my way to the jellyshroom caves, because why not? My mistake...
rfvy9furtkvx.jpg

Lo and behold, the crabsnake to put all other crabsnakes to shame! This thing was massive- I could see it from the safe shallows, if I looked through the ground to the jellyshroom caves. I have NO idea what caused this monstrosity to spawn, but whatever malevolent force in the game's coding it was decided that I was going to have a really bad day.

Some more pics:
f1ob2qle5rg0.jpg

wx89yj0dyu0i.jpg

It actually entered into a jellyshroom, too- after I followed it inside, I found a massive egg inside the 'shroom- so I spawned in some oculuses (oculi?) for comparison:
i5lw84yc8d2z.jpg
fun fact- I put this same egg into containment at my new bleeder research base- we will see if it hatches a similarly massive crabsnake.

If anyone has any idea what caused this to happen, or if this has ever happened to anyone else, feel free to share your terrifying tale.

Comments